Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

The government covertly injected him with large amounts of food over several decades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Patrice was a victim of the Lysine Contingency and the CIA knows it

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I can't imagine why Anthony didn't get interviewed for the Patrice doc. :thunk:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Patrice was a victim of the Lysine Contingency and the CIA knows it

The Tyrannosaur in the Room.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Another Bill posted:

I can't imagine why Anthony didn't get interviewed for the Patrice doc. :thunk:

Was it Jim who said "I miss Patrice" when Cumia was going on some racist Obama-era rant?

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Groovelord Neato posted:

Was it Jim who said "I miss Patrice" when Cumia was going on some racist Obama-era rant?

Yes.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I still find it funny how much O&A fans hated when Patrice was on the show.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

I still find it funny how much O&A fans hated when Patrice was on the show.

Except when he said poo poo about women bitches.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUUyH9zhpkA

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
That reminds me of the Louis CK story about how he thought he'd discovered a terrorist submarine near the Statue of Liberty and when he got the Coast Guard on the phone they told him "That's a buoy. It's been there since 1938."

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Them actually getting a hold of the call is one of the show's best moments.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

Animal-Mother posted:

That reminds me of the Louis CK story about how he thought he'd discovered a terrorist submarine near the Statue of Liberty and when he got the Coast Guard on the phone they told him "That's a buoy. It's been there since 1938."

I just listened to that last night. It was a mooring ball! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brr4pewmbmo

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

There's a moment during Anthony's Greggshells video where he discusses what made the Opie and Anthony show so great, and he specifically mentions "The current administration."

Anthony, without any loving self-awareness, thought that what really made the show good was him being racist for 4 hours a day. Those were the golden years.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That's amazing. Might be an age thing but everyone I know who listened to the show either quit before then or was turned off by Anthony going totally mask off. That poo poo led to him losing the show how can he be that stupid lmao

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Scratchman Apoo posted:

There's a moment during Anthony's Greggshells video where he discusses what made the Opie and Anthony show so great, and he specifically mentions "The current administration."

Anthony, without any loving self-awareness, thought that what really made the show good was him being racist for 4 hours a day. Those were the golden years.

He also recently referred to his tirades as 'racial talk' and 'an honest discussion about race'.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Anthony’s version of an honest discussion about race was making up a story about some black kid yelling “Obama president now” at him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's amazing. Might be an age thing but everyone I know who listened to the show either quit before then or was turned off by Anthony going totally mask off. That poo poo led to him losing the show how can he be that stupid lmao

He's always been a dumbass, he just used to have a genuine sense of humor that got ruined because he can't get over his racism.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzQUNVh_VUM&t=6335s

In case someone didn't want to scour the whole two hour slog, here's Anthony trying to list examples of what made the show popular and the 2nd thing he ran into was the ~white house administration~

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

He's always been a dumbass, he just used to have a genuine sense of humor that got ruined because he can't get over his racism.

Oh yeah he was which was always funny when Jimmy or Opie would talk how smart he was because he knew some random thing.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

Groovelord Neato posted:

Oh yeah he was which was always funny when Jimmy or Opie would talk how smart he was because he knew some random thing.

His knowledge of history came solely from History Channel documentaries and fans treated him like he was a historian.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Been listening to some old bits and as bad as Anthony was on race Opie (on top of trying to stop great bits in their tracks by "moving on" or going to the phones) was the most performatively homophobic person. Any time Jimmy or guests would go into their young same-sex experiences he'd make a big show of being grossed out or wanting to move on.

HPJoker
Oct 30, 2017

Groovelord Neato posted:

Been listening to some old bits and as bad as Anthony was on race Opie (on top of trying to stop great bits in their tracks by "moving on" or going to the phones) was the most performatively homophobic person. Any time Jimmy or guests would go into their young same-sex experiences he'd make a big show of being grossed out or wanting to move on.

I've been listening to the Jay Mohr shows when I can and there's one in 06 with Kevin Smith in studio and suddenly everyone bursts out laughing because Jay's running around naked and put his cock on some interns neck

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Ron: (on Earl) You're loving dyslexic. He thinks he's a ginner.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Groovelord Neato posted:

Performative homophobia is so loving embarrassing.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Groovelord Neato posted:

Is it only a matter of time until there's an Opie gay sex scandal?

Would anyone even notice, it's not like anyone really pays attention to him now that the show is done.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Groovelord Neato posted:

Apparently intelligence on the O&A show meant "watching documentaries in between dating your friends' teenage children."

piratepilates posted:

Is it only a matter of time until there's an Opie gay sex scandal?

Would anyone even notice, it's not like anyone really pays attention to him now that the show is done.

Opie's mutant power was being ignored. And it's been pretty smart of him to keep that up now that O&A is pretty much known as 'how famed pedophile and right-wing rear end in a top hat Anthony Cumia helped enable white supremacist terrorist groups.' He should feel lucky he vanished from the public spotlight and that his show is pretty much forgotten by everybody.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I just checked out Opie's official merch store. It's downright depressing.

His website has a Donate button.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/29-Horseshoe-Ln-Roslyn-Heights-NY-11577/31089153_zpid/

Cumia's castle is for sale.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

TL posted:

I just checked out Opie's official merch store. It's downright depressing.

His website has a Donate button.

Is there still a "Check out the empties, mahn" shirt

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

Is there still a "Check out the empties, mahn" shirt

There is actually a HOLD ON HOLD ON shirt, which did make me laugh a little bit.

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

I think it's been for sale for a few months. I think it was like 3.2 million at the start now it looks like they slashed the price. He'll probably end up taking a huge loss on it.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

I think it's been for sale for a few months. I think it was like 3.2 million at the start now it looks like they slashed the price. He'll probably end up taking a huge loss on it.

Homes in America are always supposed to be seen as an “investment” or whatever but every time I read about someone selling a massive eyesore mansion like this it seems like they always take a huge bath on it—I guess I’m just not reading about all the people who sell their own Cumia compounds and actually make money off them?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Sheen Sheen posted:

Homes in America are always supposed to be seen as an “investment” or whatever but every time I read about someone selling a massive eyesore mansion like this it seems like they always take a huge bath on it—I guess I’m just not reading about all the people who sell their own Cumia compounds and actually make money off them?

I was surprised at how cheap it was, like I could sell my home and be able to get the down payment.

Of course, then I'd have to live in Long Island.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Ron is talking today about how he can't remember any appointments unless they go through Chris Stanley or "Deb", the person that runs theinterrobang.com. HappyTypingGirl's name was Deb, is that the same person?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Is the raptor gone ?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

Looks like he bought it in 2006, near the top of the housing bubble.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
lol god drat to straight up lose money on a house you bought 15 years ago is rough, couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Figures Cumia gets rid of something as soon as it turns 15.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

JFC posted:

Ron is talking today about how he can't remember any appointments unless they go through Chris Stanley or "Deb", the person that runs theinterrobang.com. HappyTypingGirl's name was Deb, is that the same person?

I can't believe this is taking up space in my brain but yes