Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Scholtz posted:

Movie 2 and speedscan spoilers: drat, RIP Bakugo

Eh he had it for like 5 minutes, he'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
It's also kind of hosed up that we're going back and retroactively saying that if Nighteye got his way, it would have been a death sentence for Mirio.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Rhonne posted:

It's also kind of hosed up that we're going back and retroactively saying that if Nighteye got his way, it would have been a death sentence for Mirio.

Anything that shits on Nighteye further is, imo, extremely good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Rhonne posted:

"Nighteye did literally everything wrong. He was incorrect." - Horikoshi

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Rhonne posted:

How is that hosed up? It's objectively true based on what we're reading here - Mirio would have had a significantly shortened lifespan and potentially only a few years to live since the 4th user died of old age at 40 and Mirio would be the 9th so it's only gotten much stronger since then. I'm not saying Nighteye was a big stupid dumbo for wanting to give it to Mirio. His reasoning was sound for wanting to pass it off to someone he knew and trusted would use it well. It's more a terrible irony that if Nighteye had gotten his way, he would have killed his own pupil.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
More ammo for my theory that Deku is going to learn to split OFA and give different aspects of it away to kick off MHA justice league.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

"Nighteye did literally everything wrong. He was incorrect." - Horikoshi

I apologize for Nighteye. I wrote him wrong, as a joke.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
anything that makes nighteye wrong is really funny

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

M_Gargantua posted:

More ammo for my theory that Deku is going to learn to split OFA and give different aspects of it away to kick off MHA justice league.

Yeah it's pretty obvious that Deku is going to start granting bits of OFA (possibly to Quirkless people) to reduce his own burden and give others a fighting chance. It's called One For All after all.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Nana asking Izuku to kill her grandson hit me like a truck. I understand the sentiment, but drat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Official translation is out
MangaPlus: https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008927
Viz: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-hero-academia-chapter-304/chapter/22161?action=read

Also bringing this forward cause lmao

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
I appreciate the clearer wording, even if I had the initial gist.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Supersonic Shine posted:

Nana asking Izuku to kill her grandson hit me like a truck. I understand the sentiment, but drat.

This confirms that Izuku is Nana's favorite, sorry Tenko.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I speculated that the Third Holder could've been Oji Harima but this one is pretty clearly a different hair color so that theory goes out the window.

I wonder what their deal is though? The second and third are facing away from the group. Perhaps they were villains?

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
One is a time traveling Bakugo and the other is his son

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

maybe the second and the third are just ashamed that they died in combat not having done enough to build up the power or stop AFO

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

My guess is they were villains in the MHA sense and the others are making them sit in the corner. After all who the hell would the first pass one for all onto considering he was basically a prisoner of his brother.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I can't wait for there to be a Vestige Deku, who gives himself a pep talk when he starts losing a fight by reminding him that there are more bones he can break. :v:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Thank you, ghost heroes, for clarifying that you won't be spying Deku constantly.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

If Deku ever goes on a date and they don't sing "Kiss the Girl" while using Black Whip and Float and other powers to make the scene that much more magical, what even is the point?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
All Might maybe should've absolutely told Deku that passing on One for All would kill anyone with a quirk. Can't imagine what would happen if a golden haired superman came along and Deku started feeling like he deserved One for All more.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I mean, from the sound of it it doesn’t seem like All Might even knew that One for All could do that. Remember that the first time Deku talked about the vestiges he was like wtf. He only recently started researching the holders beyond Nana after Blackwhip manifested

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I still don't like that their ghosts live on through OFA. it doesn't seem appropriate to the setting

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

setting up the afo scene where all the people he stole quirks from in the mindscape drag him to hell like kira

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I still don't like that their ghosts live on through OFA. it doesn't seem appropriate to the setting
The term quirk is localized from a literal reading of "Individuality" in Japanese, so it kinda seems appropriate I think. Your power is a part of you- it's your individuality.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

TheHan posted:

All Might maybe should've absolutely told Deku that passing on One for All would kill anyone with a quirk. Can't imagine what would happen if a golden haired superman came along and Deku started feeling like he deserved One for All more.

I mean, he only had one previous point of reference. Also, technically, Mirio was Quirkless at the time Deku was contemplating that.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

If Deku had more an ego, he'd probably be feeling a little smug right now about the whole "only quirkless people can safely use OfA" thing.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Rhonne posted:

If Deku had more an ego, he'd probably be feeling a little smug right now about the whole "only quirkless people can safely use OfA" thing.

I'm not sure it's anything anyone would be smug about. It was just dumb luck that it happened to work out that way.

This does effectively kill any "Deku actually has a hidden quirk that hasn't manifested yet" theories.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

Of all the proof of Horikoshi's Star Wars obsession, this is the one that you draw the line at?

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

Prowler posted:

I'm not sure it's anything anyone would be smug about. It was just dumb luck that it happened to work out that way.

This does effectively kill any "Deku actually has a hidden quirk that hasn't manifested yet" theories.

Maybe, or it makes it more tragic if he manifests or gets his quirk back later. AfOs pet doctor was his childhood quirk doctor at least once.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

HidaO-Win posted:

Maybe, or it makes it more tragic if he manifests or gets his quirk back later. AfOs pet doctor was his childhood quirk doctor at least once.

Well if Deku ever starts getting cracks in his face like the 4th, then we'll know for sure. Either that or OFA starts getting so strong that not even a quirkless person can use it.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

RareAcumen posted:

Of all the proof of Horikoshi's Star Wars obsession, this is the one that you draw the line at?

Hell, Hori is showing restraint Lucas/Disney never did by giving the Force Ghosts hard rules to follow, rather than just "hey, we can reuse the characters for some convenient exposition after all!"

Their memories and personalities being tied to their quirks through DNA also gives me AssCreed vibes, amusingly enough.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The ending is just some completely new character 100 years in the future waking up in the animus.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I mean, he only had one previous point of reference. Also, technically, Mirio was Quirkless at the time Deku was contemplating that.

So what you're saying is that Deku should shoot Shiggy with the Quirk-erasing bullet and then give him OFA

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

So what you're saying is that Deku should shoot Shiggy with the Quirk-erasing bullet and then give him OFA

There is that fan theory that All For One secretly forced the Decay quirk on Shiggy and he's actually quirkless. It would explain why All For One is so sure that he will be the perfect vessel to steal OFA.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Rhonne posted:

There is that fan theory that All For One secretly forced the Decay quirk on Shiggy and he's actually quirkless. It would explain why All For One is so sure that he will be the perfect vessel to steal OFA.

That theory seems flawed given that the doc went ahead and shoved AFO's whole quirk load out up Shiggy's rear end. If anything he'll melt in under a year.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caidin posted:

That theory seems flawed given that the doc went ahead and shoved AFO's whole quirk load out up Shiggy's rear end. If anything he'll melt in under a year.

The "you can only handle one quirk or your body falls apart" thing is probably in the case of "natural" people. The doctor was doing all sorts of weird mad science poo poo to Shigaraki to prepare him for AfO.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Kanos posted:

The "you can only handle one quirk or your body falls apart" thing is probably in the case of "natural" people. The doctor was doing all sorts of weird mad science poo poo to Shigaraki to prepare him for AfO.

Shigaraki's body did fall apart though, remember that big panel of his shoulder separating from his torso with blood spraying everywhere?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SKULL.GIF posted:

Shigaraki's body did fall apart though, remember that big panel of his shoulder separating from his torso with blood spraying everywhere?

Yeah but that's probably due to a combination of the process being incomplete and also Shigaraki going from "comatose in a tank/dying when the tank is broken" to "defibbed by random electrical wires and then using his entire power set at 100% against multiple pro heroes trying to kill him" less than like 10 minutes later. Shigaraki's body has superhuman toughness specifically to handle the kind of problem that the fourth is talking about, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Shigeraki only got to 70% completion, the entire reason AfO had to pull him out was because he was going to just keep pushing himself until he fell apart.