Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Babby's first explosion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tony Khan just went full Patrick Bateman on whatever tech was in charge of the pyro.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Lol

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Well that pyro sucked but the match was good

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

This was the first AEW show I've ever watched and I enjoyed myself. The ending definitely added to my enjoyment, so I'm saying it was a success.

I mean there is no topping this, anyway.

https://twitter.com/BAHUFMW/status/1368789019300143106

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

Yeah, that ending wasn't...great. Mox cut a promo after the show went off the air about how Kenny might be tough, but he can't build an exploding ring worth a poo poo (since we saw that Kenny was the one who built everything), and on the post-show, Tony Khan pretty much confirmed that that's the storyline they're going with.

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004
Hey now, sparklers are dangerous! You can burn yourself pretty bad.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

I'm sure people are making GBS threads all over it but anything that can make me laugh that much is a good thing.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:laffo:

Still, though... Never gonna be comfortable with people shoving themselves into barbed wire or tacks.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
I almost dropped $50 to watch that ppv. I'm glad I didn't.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

:laffo:

Still, though... Never gonna be comfortable with people shoving themselves into barbed wire or tacks.

I'm with you on that. I remember Mankind breaking them out and it wasn't my thing back then either.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

baalaagaa posted:

Hey now, sparklers are dangerous! You can burn yourself pretty bad.

And if someone was staring directly into them, up close, for an extended period, they might've temporarily impaired their vision :ohdear:

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

mallratcal posted:

I'm with you on that. I remember Mankind breaking them out and it wasn't my thing back then either.

I just wanna see people fake fight and call each other jabronis

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

mallratcal posted:

I'm still laughing at the ring exploding.

did gillberg debut?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Watching AEW Revolution and god drat Jim Ross sounds like an even worse version of Marge Simpson these days.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Watching AEW Revolution and god drat Jim Ross sounds like an even worse version of Marge Simpson these days.

That's not how he normally sounds, dude sounded rough as hell last night

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I want to see it, is there another upload of this somewhere

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Wait I laughed at the barbed wire and explosions thing but is that for real????

Holy poo poo

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

That's not how he normally sounds, dude sounded rough as hell last night

Well that's good, I was afraid he was dying of throat cancer or something. Get well soon J.R.!

E: oh my god I love Luchasaurus and Jungle Boy. That reverse Frankensteiner from Jungle Boy was 100% fully sick

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Mar 8, 2021

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/595841839295365125/818345530412367892/honkhonk.mp4

"OH MY--

oh my... god?"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:flaccid:

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

it happens to a lot of guys, i still like you AE-Dub

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 39 days!
"It's OK, AEW. We can just cuddle." :v:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sydney Bottocks posted:

"It's OK, AEW. We can just cuddle." :v:

Eddie Kingston is way ahead of you

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eddie Kingston revealed to be a Scarlet Witch.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

no wonder normal people think aew is one of those backyard wrestling promotions

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

actually, i think you'll find that we've set up discount kane pyro as an homage to the great exploding ring deathmatches of the past

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjKYlqQ_a9U&t=6062s

that's THE famous mick foley vs terry funk match, and it's such a wet fart that the OSW guys are confused as to why someone has set pyro off in the middle of the match by accident

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Well, THIS was new to me:

This was maybe... 1998? Yikes. And in the Monday Night War documentary, they show the skit, and instead of saying, "holy poo poo this was a terrible idea," they only talk about how funny it was! Mark Henry included!

In conclusion, Sean Waltman is a land of contrasts.

Eclipse12 fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Mar 8, 2021

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Contrasting skin colors.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Eclipse12 posted:

This was maybe... 1998? Yikes. And in the Monday Night War documentary, they show the skit, and instead of saying, "holy poo poo this was a terrible idea," they only talk about how funny it was! Mark Henry included!

Remember, just a year or two earlier, Vince was mad at Brett Hart for not wanting to use race as a storyline

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

I'm pretty sure since getting clean Waltman has said on his podcast that he really regrets those segments.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Why? Because he forgot to paint his arms?

No, but seriously, good for him for at least taking some responsibility. Low bar to clear, but whatever

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

it went over so well that Billy Gunn decided it would be super cool to black up to pretend to be D-Von Dudley in 2006

this was part of the New Age Outlaws TNA run where their tag team was named as a troll on Vince McMahon for no real reason, where their theme music opened with the sting "HELP ME THEY'RE IN MY HOUSE", and where they issued an on-air challenge to WWE wrestlers Triple H and Shawn Michaels to show up at the Alamo and fight them in real life

Dixie Carter legitimately froze a million dollar bounty in anticipation of two of WWE's top stars, one of whom was the son-in-law of Vince McMahon and heir apparent to a billion-dollar company, showing up to re-enact Kimbo/Dada in view of a national monument

*narrator's voice* they did not

FullLeatherJacket fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 8, 2021

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mick Foley being
Dude Love
Cactus Jack
Mankind

and himself and being respected for being all of his personalities in the mid-late 90's while it was kayfabe to know that all of them were him but 'not know what the gently caress was up' was so spectacular.
There's a clip of a RAW segment where Dude love talks to mankind and then cactus jack comes out and suplexes HHH through a table and no one knows wtf is going on because they all know/suspect it's him but it's happening at the same time (and it is) and it's just awesome.

He comes and leaves doing the *bang bang* cactus jack* finger pistols for no loving reason other than just loving up HHH

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Mar 8, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Big Beef City posted:

Mick Foley being
Dude Love
Cactus Jack
Mankind

and himself and being respected for being all of his personalities in the mid-late 90's while it was kayfabe to know that all of them were him but 'not know what the gently caress was up' was so spectacular.
There's a clip of a RAW segment where Dude love talks to mankind and then cactus jack comes out and suplexes HHH through a table and no one knows wtf is going on because they all know/suspect it's him but it's happening at the same time (and it is) and it's just awesome.

He comes and leaves doing the *bang bang* cactus jack* finger pistols for no loving reason other than just loving up HHH

That's why Mick Foley is the best

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Why does modern WWE have so many greasy (not to be confused with oily) dudes with black hair and beards and boring names?

Where are the dentists and matadors and whatnot?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

Why does modern WWE have so many greasy (not to be confused with oily) dudes with black hair and beards and boring names?

Where are the dentists and matadors and whatnot?

They're in AEW. Here's Dr. Britt Baker, DMD. She's a real dentist and has a segment on TV called The Waiting Room. She had a match in her office that included her trying to put a drill into her opponents skull and ended with her taking a needle full of "novacaine" to her thigh.

Eclipse12
Feb 20, 2008

Vince MechMahon posted:

They're in AEW. Here's Dr. Britt Baker, DMD. She's a real dentist and has a segment on TV called The Waiting Room. She had a match in her office that included her trying to put a drill into her opponents skull and ended with her taking a needle full of "novacaine" to her thigh.

drat, that is one hell of an answer to my question.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

Vince MechMahon posted:

She's no Isaac Yankem, DDS! Jerry Lawler's private dentist that is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Eclipse12 posted:

drat, that is one hell of an answer to my question.

If you live in Florida she can be your real dentist.