Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
me and the missus once looked at a home for sale that had some protective covenants and hoa attached to it.

we read half a page of the *things you can't do* documents and then told the real estate agent "lol gently caress no"

no shame snype, that purple striped house that some goon complained about years ago that got photoshopped p good.

dee eight fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

Got some WD-40 on all my hosepipe threads where they were a touch corroded today - really happy with the results, no more leaks happening. First hand wash of the year for my car too. Cleaned out my boys trampoline to get it ready for the better weather, fixed a few bits of minor damage with duct tape too. Sitting on the deck with a cold one, pondering whether I should oil the deck next weekend (assuming the weather holds, obvs).

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Those leaks are so annoying.

Tnuctip
Sep 25, 2017

I put off yard work today even though it was nice out. Also curious what sale
Price is for the home on my street that was listed a week ago.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Kids cracked the washer lid again.

Going outside to drink and listen to my Bluetooth speaker to get over it.

Think I'll tighten up the nuts on the wheel barrel and other yard equipment. Nobody come outside and bother me. I'm doing important poo poo.

Full Metal Jackass fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 7, 2021

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

What is the dadliest guitar / bass guitar? Serious answers only please.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

bossy lady posted:

Dan Armstrong custom

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
I literally bought a jazzmaster last week and I hide it from my 5yo (who will definitely try to claim it as her own) and wife (doesnt know i got it yet) in my office closet. Probably not the dadliest guitar which is obviously a Les Paul or a Strat with factory made relic marks. Really the dadliest instrument is the bass and the dadliest bass is whatever bass was most popular exactly 20 years before the question was asked.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

bossy lady posted:

I have an American Standard Fender Jazz base that was one of the last years they made them in the USA so I am gonna go with mine as our resident Suburban Dad.

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

dick wizard posted:

I literally bought a jazzmaster last week and I hide it from my 5yo (who will definitely try to claim it as her own) and wife (doesnt know i got it yet) in my office closet. Probably not the dadliest guitar which is obviously a Les Paul or a Strat with factory made relic marks. Really the dadliest instrument is the bass and the dadliest bass is whatever bass was most popular exactly 20 years before the question was asked.

Any guitar you have to hide from your family is dadliest.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012

bossy lady posted:

Any guitar you have to hide from your family is dadliest.

absolutely. So in spirit, my newest guitar is 100% the dadliest in existence right now. The only thing that's not dadly is the model.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

For some reason my wife has decided to watch the Harry Meghan Oprah interview so I fried up some spanakopita in the air fryer in honor of the Duke of Edinburgh.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Wife was gone so the child got dino nuggets and broccoli for dinner

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

dee eight posted:

i just walk to the store and buy a sixer

*finishes sixer and walks back to store to get another*

*repeats*

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

*finishes sixer and walks back to store to get another*

*repeats*

caleb
Jul 17, 2004
...rough day at the orifice.

bossy lady posted:

A Jag Stang with the members of 311's signatures on it.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Dadliest guitar is a cocaine white flying v to bang out all sweetest butt-rock jams of the 80s on before leaving the garage and going back into the house to see your fail children playing video games

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

bees everywhere posted:

"Hey, hon? Come here and check this out! What? No, you have come see it. I know you're busy, just come check this out real quick. Ok, I'll wait... Here you are, you ready?" *plays Baby Shark on the bass*

lol

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Lemme tell y'all about the 3-2-1 method for getting perfect ribs every time.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

dee eight posted:

Dan Armstrong custom

1000% too much style.

The correct answer is sunburst P-bass, tortoise-shell pickguard. Cargo-shorts for bonus-points.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pondex posted:

1000% too much style.

The correct answer is sunburst P-bass, tortoise-shell pickguard. Cargo-shorts for bonus-points.

A P-bass is way too heavy for your typical suburban dad. Our backs hurt.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
Somethibg very tacky and at least 5 strings. No frets and no headstock is a plus

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
I jammed some blues with some other bluesdads this weekend (dog dad here) on my mexican stratocaster. It was actually good because they could actually play and we had a harp player too

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
*wife & daughter are vegetarian*
*still dieting after recent health scare*

Hun, I've been talking about it for years and Costco's got a smoker on sale this week.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
*spends 15 minutes looking at beers at the package store*

*buys Miller Lite*

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Watching a 20 something try to back up a trailer and give the play-by-play to the wife who keeps looking at her phone uninterested.

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

cynic posted:

Got some WD-40 on all my hosepipe threads where they were a touch corroded today - really happy with the results, no more leaks happening. First hand wash of the year for my car too. Cleaned out my boys trampoline to get it ready for the better weather, fixed a few bits of minor damage with duct tape too. Sitting on the deck with a cold one, pondering whether I should oil the deck next weekend (assuming the weather holds, obvs).

REal suburban dads use PB Blaster not WD-40 like some apartment dweller.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

youre dick posted:

REal suburban dads use PB Blaster not WD-40 like some apartment dweller.

Peanit BUtter Blaster

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Full Metal Jackass posted:

Watching a 20 something try to back up a trailer and give the play-by-play to the wife who keeps looking at her phone uninterested.

since we're all dad friends ehre i have an admission to make. my wife is way better at backing up trailers than i am, to my ever lasting shame

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
What? None of you own Geddy Lee's Beautiful Book of Bass?

Its even on sale! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0...&ref_=pd_gw_unk

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
I go to the brewery; we are all wearing the same shoes (earthtone Keens, the gen X white New Balance)

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

youre dick posted:

since we're all dad friends ehre i have an admission to make. my wife is way better at backing up trailers than i am, to my ever lasting shame

A good wife

widefault
Mar 16, 2009
The two dadliest guitars in the dadliest band ever, a PRS and a Hendrix Strat. Somehow no cargo shorts, but the drummer's polo/plaid shorts/fingerless gloves combo is pretty dadly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX0A1yX7IU0

FYI, that is a band made up of literal neighborhood dads and every year(except 2020) they've gotten together and thrown a picnic/concert.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

St Patty's day is almost among us brothers. Prepare for homemade black and tans :cheers:

Gotta justify keeping that pouring spoon the wife always tries to throw out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

St Patty's day is almost among us brothers. Prepare for homemade black and tans :cheers:

Gotta justify keeping that pouring spoon the wife always tries to throw out.

What beers u use brudda

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i live in the city and have a single speed bike i use daily

suck my dang scrote

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Chinatown posted:

suck my dang scrote

Wow yyou always post cool stuff like this that makes you sound cool

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

Chinatown posted:

suck my dang scrote

rad urban dads call them fixies

come on ctown do better

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

What beers u use brudda

Bass and Guinness. The only time I ever buy either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bass and Guinness. The only time I ever buy either.

Tite