Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

hooray for nice enough weather for working outside at least until the chorus of leaf blowers starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

there's a guy that blows leaf every Monday at 8am here year round

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

PokeJoe posted:

there's a guy that blows leaf every Monday at 8am here year round

same. one day i am going to rand pauls neighbor him.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i fantasize about buying a bigger leaf blower and blasting him down the staircase he's on. he's out there right now as I make this post, slowly giving me an aneurysm

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
do the toilet paper thing

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PCjr sidecar posted:

hooray for nice enough weather for working outside at least until the chorus of leaf blowers starts

i'm sitting in "class" trying to listen to presentations and the leaf blowers and weedeaters next door just started up. hell yeah

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

saw some chud news headlines outraged that oakland had banned leaf blowers

and like 99% of the “this is the future liberals want” poo poo that sounds alright to me

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
i have a burning hatred for leaf blowers. end them all

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

cwfhs: im not motivated to do poo poo today!!!!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde

PCjr sidecar posted:

saw some chud news headlines outraged that oakland had banned leaf blowers

and like 99% of the “this is the future liberals want” poo poo that sounds alright to me

tbf they just banned gas powered ones because of emissions, electric is still fine

electric's also quieter

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
leafblower chat reminds me of how my landlord hired some random guy to do pre-winter grounds cleanup, and how for like 3 weeks 8 hours a day he just used a weedwacker on every square inch of ground surrounding my cottage

Like he could have used a lawnmower for the vast majority of it but nope

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

buddy I get paid by the hour, not the job

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the maint guy at the trailer park would work out his aggression after he got in a fight with his wife by leaf blowing the basketball court, back and forth, all morning

this was next door to our bus

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

tbf they just banned gas powered ones because of emissions, electric is still fine

electric's also quieter

the idea that burning petrochemicals is manlier than other ways of generating energy is an amazing coup by oil companies because nothing motivates american men like the implication that people might think you're a gay because of one of your consumer choices

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah it's worked great for 100 years. Even in early automobile days electric cars were cheaper to maintain than oil burning gas drinkers so they were labeled woman cars so men would blow their money on cash pits instead

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Thinking of getting an electric chainsaw for a tree out back. But I don't really need it. But then again, it would be really cool to have.

https://www.oregonproducts.com/en/c...omparison_Chart

Surprised Nintendo hasn't sued over that logo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fortaleza posted:

Thinking of getting an electric chainsaw for a tree out back. But I don't really need it. But then again, it would be really cool to have.

looks like oregon products used it in its current form first. nintendo had a similar one with a thinner oval a few years before oregon did, but nintendo didn't adopt the red one with a thick oval until the mid 80s.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

there is no basis for suing over a similar looking logo if the products are unlikely to be confused with one another. video game companies and outdoor equipment companies have no overlap in products or market.

check back when oregon chainsaw starts making game consoles

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

no call me that sounds loving badass

brb gotta mix up some two stroke gas

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

I'm sure it'll come to a head once Oregon(tm) is included in Logging Simulator 2021.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

a fake game I made up as a joke and now desperately want to be real

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I’m glad I never fell into the yard machismo poo poo. I have always hated lawn maintenance and I always will. instead I stimulate the local economy and pay some people to do it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if nintendo sues, oregon products will countersue

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

the covid vaccine signup system opened up today for seniors 80+ and first nations people 65+.

1.7 million people called the hotline this morning. there are only 5 million people in the province.

anyways I'm celebrating year 2 of this poo poo by leaving work early and having a socially distanced responsible cheeky pint with the lads at a small brewery that only seats a couple dozen people at a time

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fortaleza posted:

a fake game I made up as a joke and now desperately want to be real

https://store.steampowered.com/app/273800/Forestry_2017__The_Simulation/

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fart Sandwiches posted:

I’m glad I never fell into the yard machismo poo poo. I have always hated lawn maintenance and I always will. instead I stimulate the local economy and pay some people to do it

lawns are horrible. owning a motorized machine to keep grass in eternal horny adolescence, growth spurts in play but it never gets to gently caress

xeriscaping/regional plant yards are wonderful though

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

My wife figured out that snapchat filters work on everything and she's been going apeshit with them

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

my bitter bi rival posted:

cwfhs: im not motivated to do poo poo today!!!!
same. I knocked the power cord out of my router/modem and didn't notice for like an hour because of the built in battery backup. thank u, bell!

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.

Jonny 290 posted:

lawns are horrible.

Not sure what you're talking about, committing ecocide by replicating what 18th century inbred gentry thought was good, outside of the climate that supported it, in awkward miniature: all of that seems good to me

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

lawns are only acceptable in climates where grass actually lives year round

anywhere else, just concrete it over and put a fuckin apartment building on it

actually do that everywhere tbh

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Kazinsal posted:

the covid vaccine signup system opened up today for seniors 80+ and first nations people 65+.

1.7 million people called the hotline this morning. there are only 5 million people in the province.

anyways I'm celebrating year 2 of this poo poo by leaving work early and having a socially distanced responsible cheeky pint with the lads at a small brewery that only seats a couple dozen people at a time

It's actually only for 90+ year olds who don't live in any sort of assisted living / long term care type place, plus aged 65+ indigenous.

Especially given that a lot of indigenous people have already been vaccinated and only 3.8% of population is indigenous (ie 190,000 total skewed young), there are probably fewer than 20,000 people who have any business calling.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

oh HELL YEAH

Apparently it's glitchy as hell but it's only 7 bucks on PS4 so I'll try it out and waste a few hours why not

UPDATE: this is super terrible and I regret it already

Fortaleza fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Mar 8, 2021

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife figured out that snapchat filters work on everything and she's been going apeshit with them

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Fortaleza posted:

I got one of them its p.good just make sure if you're working from a ladder that you come up with a good way to feed the cord up

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol a side-by-side double portrait of you and the missus with matching beehives pls.

Apr 7, 2003

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos
I suppose a continuous flow of screwing around pictures is pretty on brand for the "working from home" thread.

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

i cut my trees with a saw on a stick

electric chainsaw, it kinda sucks but sucks less than the alternatives

Apr 7, 2003

Sassafras posted:

I suppose a continuous flow of screwing around pictures is pretty on brand for the "working from home" thread.

also for working at work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol a side-by-side double portrait of you and the missus with matching beehives pls.