Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Couple of weeks ago I put in an offer on a 10-acre wood lot for camping and hiking and dirt biking and hunting and all that outdoorsy poo poo. I put in an obscenely low offer (like half the asking price) and the sellers accepted with no hesitation.

Signed the paperwork about a week ago and now I’m just waiting for the snow to melt away to get a full walking survey of the piece. I’ve only been up there when there’s been snow on the ground so I haven’t walked the entire property. It’s only about 9 miles from home so I can go up any time with no inconvenience.

I haven’t been able to take a weekend off in years due to working seven days a week until a couple of months ago, but now I’m excited to get back to the outdoors instead of being in an operating room almost 24/7. Planning on putting a small off-grid cabin on a nice flat spot on the upper part.

The footsteps on the right go down the “driveway” and lead into a big open area that looks to have been leveled out in the past. All the adjoining lots are essentially wood lots as well.

Bonus mythical cryptid spotted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do I smell future-off-grid-cabin?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I have a bunch of really cool legit Hawaiin shirts from Hawaii that I've found at thrift stores over the years. Boogaloo boys co-opting Hawaiin shirts have kinda ruined me wearing them so they sit in my closet:mad:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Couple of weeks ago I put in an offer on a 10-acre wood lot for camping and hiking and dirt biking and hunting and all that outdoorsy poo poo. I put in an obscenely low offer (like half the asking price) and the sellers accepted with no hesitation.

Signed the paperwork about a week ago and now I’m just waiting for the snow to melt away to get a full walking survey of the piece. I’ve only been up there when there’s been snow on the ground so I haven’t walked the entire property. It’s only about 9 miles from home so I can go up any time with no inconvenience.

I haven’t been able to take a weekend off in years due to working seven days a week until a couple of months ago, but now I’m excited to get back to the outdoors instead of being in an operating room almost 24/7. Planning on putting a small off-grid cabin on a nice flat spot on the upper part.

The footsteps on the right go down the “driveway” and lead into a big open area that looks to have been leveled out in the past. All the adjoining lots are essentially wood lots as well.

Aw man, that rules. I'd love to have some gently caress around land like that.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Congrats! That’s a goal of mine. 10-100 acres with a cabin. At this point I’ll have to start looking outside of Oregon. Maybe Eastern or WA/ID.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

the spyder posted:

Congrats! That’s a goal of mine. 10-100 acres with a cabin. At this point I’ll have to start looking outside of Oregon. Maybe Eastern or WA/ID.

Ideally I’d have hunted a while longer for a much bigger plot, but this one I was able to buy cash and with no hassle. Can’t really go wrong with land, for the most part.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

That awesome Imperador do Brasil. Based on the pictures, it looks like there's enough elevation change to make a miniature dirtburgring.

meltie
Nov 9, 2003

Not a sodding fridge.
slothrop you look good man!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

slothrop been neg'd

yeah, there's a bit of that going round - i've called it out when it's happened to me, and then blocked them. not worth the time.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

slothrop posted:

The offending image:

Saw these wine glasses and thought of you

Looking hot dude. Seriously, gently caress any lady who doesn't want that.

I'm just glad the wife loves my beard, as its hitting "middle aged Amish" levels of length.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

So for my soon upcoming birthday my wife got me a retro Haro Dennis McCoy model 26" BMX bike I'm so goddamn excited.

50 years old still rocking a BMX bike and riding skateboards :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Siochain posted:

Looking hot dude. Seriously, gently caress any lady who doesn't want that.

no, don't gently caress her.

Don't sweat it slothrop, you're fine. It's not a you thing, it's a her thing.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Hey does anyone here know about older sound cards? I found this Creative model SB0460 and there were a bunch on Ebay but without that XF-I box in the upper right corner and I was wondering what it was just out of curiosity. Im going to make a music gently caress around computer with an older HP that I have and will probably use this in it.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib

Goober Peas posted:

Are you guys getting the Pfizer or Moderna 2-shots? Everyone that I know that got the Moderna were knocked out for a couple of days after the first and second shot. No one I know that got the Pfizer had a strong reaction to the first shot.

I'm scheduled for the Pfizer on Friday.

Anecdotal evidence: my 69 year old, stage 4 cancer mother, who is on chemo and has super lovely health (duh) got her first Pfizer shot last Tuesday. Sore arm for a few hours, and nothing more. Thank God. Chemo is Thursday, second shot in 2 weeks, timed so she's mostly recovered from chemo.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I spend some time searching around and couldn't find out what it is, but now I really want to know. (re: black XFI box)

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

taqueso posted:

I spend some time searching around and couldn't find out what it is, but now I really want to know. (re: black XFI box)

Same, I cant find it anywhere, Im about to email LGR hah

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Goober Peas posted:

Are you guys getting the Pfizer or Moderna 2-shots? Everyone that I know that got the Moderna were knocked out for a couple of days after the first and second shot. No one I know that got the Pfizer had a strong reaction to the first shot.

I got Moderna, no reaction to the first shot besides injection site pain, second shot kicked my rear end, similar results from the other 30 people in my office, Mom, and various healthcare related acquaintances and family.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

shy boy from chess club posted:

Hey does anyone here know about older sound cards? I found this Creative model SB0460 and there were a bunch on Ebay but without that XF-I box in the upper right corner and I was wondering what it was just out of curiosity. Im going to make a music gently caress around computer with an older HP that I have and will probably use this in it.

Doesn't seem to use the Live's emu10k1 DSP or the Audigy's emu10k2, which sound very good for being cheap consumer cards.

What's your intended use case for music loving around? There's a ton of good USB audio interfaces these day that are pretty cheap since every one these days is a podcaster/streamer/bedroom DJ

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

That's really awesome, I'd love a chunk of land like that for a super basic tiny cabin. Land prices are obscene around here :smith:

TN entered phase 1c this morning, I started calling around to setup an appointment at 8am and by 8:30 had one scheduled. Wednesday morning get first jab, not completely sure but I think Pfizer. Few other friends with preexisting conditions were able to get scheduled for this and next week.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

luminalflux posted:

Doesn't seem to use the Live's emu10k1 DSP or the Audigy's emu10k2, which sound very good for being cheap consumer cards.

What's your intended use case for music loving around? There's a ton of good USB audio interfaces these day that are pretty cheap since every one these days is a podcaster/streamer/bedroom DJ

Just having all my music in one spot in my house, playing around with MIDI stuff, recording all my physical media to digital, learning how to use my dj controller, stuff like that. No streaming online or anything. Im just planning on getting all my old computers useful for something and setting up a home network with them.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

shy boy from chess club posted:

Just having all my music in one spot in my house, playing around with MIDI stuff, recording all my physical media to digital, learning how to use my dj controller, stuff like that. No streaming online or anything. Im just planning on getting all my old computers useful for something and setting up a home network with them.

I've never used the MIDI on the soundblasters, just audio in/out (mostly out). I expect it works fine but you'll need a breakout cable for MIDI input/output if your equipment doesn't do MIDI over USB. I got a bunch of cables to get MIDI input from my wifes stage piano to my PreSonus Audiobox when setting up a small studio space for her, only to later realize it actually did MIDI over USB and I didn't need the cabling.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

McTinkerson posted:

That awesome Imperador do Brasil. Based on the pictures, it looks like there's enough elevation change to make a miniature dirtburgring.

Yeah definitely will be some dirt biking happening on the top 3 acres or so. Below the road, the elevation takes a turn for the steeper...

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

luminalflux posted:

I've never used the MIDI on the soundblasters, just audio in/out (mostly out). I expect it works fine but you'll need a breakout cable for MIDI input/output if your equipment doesn't do MIDI over USB. I got a bunch of cables to get MIDI input from my wifes stage piano to my PreSonus Audiobox when setting up a small studio space for her, only to later realize it actually did MIDI over USB and I didn't need the cabling.

Yea I want to try the breakout cable for the card. I have an external USB MIDI adapter (Tascam US-144 MKII) but it has some lag so maybe using the internal card wont. It does have phantom power that I need for my condenser mic so I do need it for other things. No lag for my piano would be awesome.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Goober Peas posted:

I got Pfizer on Pfriday, symptoms were mild but persistent all day saturday and sunday. Sore arm, mild fever, and I got a sore throat and sinuses which I guess most people don't get. No headache for me, but I rarely get headaches anyway.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I got 1st Moderna last Tuesday and it knocked me out for a couple of days. Now I have an awful bruise on the injection site. Going to preemptively take a couple of days off for the 2nd.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Goddamn mustaches. The first time I had one a guy told me to be careful, his friend grew one as a joke and it became a permanent feature of his face. Probably the first three years of mustaches on and off brought me joke attention and far too many compliments from men in bathrooms. 2014-2016 maybe.

Since then it's gotten the same amount of male attention, and way more female attention. And of course I doubted the sincerity at first but by 2019 it was a huge ego boost.

And now I have one again that only a small fraction of people I've interacted with have seen.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Yeah definitely will be some dirt biking happening on the top 3 acres or so. Below the road, the elevation takes a turn for the steeper...

Sounds like you can set up some sweet hill climbs then, start prepping for Erzberg.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

LloydDobler posted:

I got Pfizer on Pfriday, symptoms were mild but persistent all day saturday and sunday. Sore arm, mild fever, and I got a sore throat and sinuses which I guess most people don't get. No headache for me, but I rarely get headaches anyway.

You are going to love the 2nd dose.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

the spyder posted:

My 70+ year old parents got both Pfizer doses. The first one they had a day of feeling "off," the second dose they had no side effects at all. The vaccines seem to be as weird and variable as the virus.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

the spyder posted:

Yeah, the second Pfizer dose knocked my wife out of commission for 72 hours. The effects were also delayed by two days.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

meatpimp posted:

My 70+ year old parents got both Pfizer doses. The first one they had a day of feeling "off," the second dose they had no side effects at all. The vaccines seem to be as weird and variable as the virus.

Age is a huge factor. I can't share our data externally, but under the age of 50 you're more than 2-3x as likely to end up with above average side effects. Over 50 and people barely report anymore more than a sore arm or a little tiredness.

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

StormDrain posted:

Goddamn mustaches. The first time I had one a guy told me to be careful, his friend grew one as a joke and it became a permanent feature of his face. Probably the first three years of mustaches on and off brought me joke attention and far too many compliments from men in bathrooms. 2014-2016 maybe.

Since then it's gotten the same amount of male attention, and way more female attention. And of course I doubted the sincerity at first but by 2019 it was a huge ego boost.

And now I have one again that only a small fraction of people I've interacted with have seen.

For the longest time i was clean-shaven until sometime in my 30s i was like "gently caress it let's see how a beard looks". Turns out, it looks great. I do get a lot of weird attention from men in bathroom lines complimenting my beard - living in SF it kinda comes with the territory (especially around Pride/Folsom) but I've had people qualify their compliments with "No i'm straight, my girlfriend's waiting for me back at the table!"

Facial hair definitely increased my dateability for sure.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

the spyder posted:

Age is a huge factor. I can't share our data externally, but under the age of 50 you're more than 2-3x as likely to end up with above average side effects. Over 50 and people barely report anymore more than a sore arm or a little tiredness.

Interesting. I’m basically 40 and my first dose of the Pfizer vax left me without even a sore arm. I have my second dose on Saturday but I’m not expecting anything different.

LobsterboyX
Jun 27, 2003
I want to eat my chicken.
Moderna - first shot nbd - the second one I was fine for a day and thought I dodged the bullet, then on evening number two I felt a bit tired, then a bit more tired, then it felt like I got hit by a truck from the first signs of fatigue it was about 2 hours before I was just not capable of being anywhere but my bed - passed out around 7p and slept for 12 hours straight thru dog barking, baby crying and other things that would have woken me up for sure. I woke up, drank a gallon of water and pee'd out what I'm only assuming is a gallon- Day 3 was the slightest bit of joint ache and fatigue, by day 4 I was back to normal.

My back has been pretty achey since the whole ordeal, but that could be my terrible posture, holding baby, improper lifting and everything else bad I do to my back - but I've been a bit more aware of it since the shots.

My wife, father in law and uncle all had a very bad reaction to the second shot all three reported flu like symptoms and were in bed for 2 days but never broke fevers. I think I got off lightly.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Only my mom has had a strong reaction to either shot out of the 5 people I know who have gotten both shots, so it kind of seems to be luck of the draw

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

In my opinion, very few people can make a mustache work. But those that do, boy howdy they are hot! Slothrop is one of those that do.

My neighbor's boyfriend has one, and I think he looks like Cletus from the Simpsons.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

Interesting. I’m basically 40 and my first dose of the Pfizer vax left me without even a sore arm. I have my second dose on Saturday but I’m not expecting anything different.

The under 35 scale has impressive numbers too. In general, I highly recommend aligning your shots with either weekends or PTO. It's not quite 50/50 - but you have decent odds that you will be in bed at least 1 day with 2nd dose.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I look terrible with a mustache but my dad always had a Ned Flanders-esq one until a few years ago when he shaved it off in the middle of summer and had a mustache tan line.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Elviscat posted:

Sounds like you can set up some sweet hill climbs then, start prepping for Erzberg.

I too would like to hear about your erzberg plans.

re: mustache chat

I grew a beard and then read somewhere that when someone says they like your beard it really means that they like your face more when they see less of it and it's hard to take any compliments seriously. Obviously the solution is a

mustache.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

team plaid over here

Gotta go full hawaiian. Just mesh shorts, and a beer/poi belly the size of your "mahalo bruddah."

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

the spyder posted:

The under 35 scale has impressive numbers too. In general, I highly recommend aligning your shots with either weekends or PTO. It's not quite 50/50 - but you have decent odds that you will be in bed at least 1 day with 2nd dose.

I let the customer and my bosses know I may or may not be absolutely useless following my shot Wednesday. Haven't seen much about how immune suppressed people are being hit, hopefully first round isn't too rough because I'm pretty sure second is going to kick my rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Not everybody can pull off a ‘tasche - but Slothrop you can and it looks awesome :kiss: