Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Mr. Apollo posted:

I was reading through the JL storyboards again and I thought it was cool that stars in the constellations are disappearing because of Darkseid’s attacks.

It's a cool idea, but it's like that Starkiller sequence from TFA so you know we'd never hear the end of it from nerds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

pospysyl posted:

He's also a lot of fun in Free Fire. Guy's got a great voice.

He's a pretty good broken down sheriff in Godless, too. and a good villain in Sleepless.

He's like if Joel McKinnon had range.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

It's a cool idea, but it's like that Starkiller sequence from TFA so you know we'd never hear the end of it from nerds.

Ignoring nerds is always the correct response.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Aidan_702 posted:

I watched Jupiter Ascending because it was mentioned so often in this thread.

I uh...that was certainly a lot of nonsense. But I suppose you have to appreciate going all in on a YA version of Dune (crossed with Harry Potter, hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, twilight, Star Wars etc).

I’m still wondering on what service I’m going to be seeing Justice League in the UK. NowTV maybe?

It looks like VOD will be the way to go in the UK. Probably like Apple or google play

The foot fetishists are eating well tonight!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Huh, kind of weird to think this thing will be out next Thursday

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Except, two Thursdays from now. You got me excited and then I had to double check it and was disappointed, I demand an apology sir.

And yes, I'm extremely ready to derail this thread with a debate about what "next [day]" technically means!!

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
hell it's next thursday somewhere

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

The week of ZSJL release, I will be streaming Man of Steel on March 16th late-ish around 9PM central to the Snack Snyder Chat channel in the CineD Discord. The next day on March 17th, around the same time, I will stream BvS Ultimate Edition. This is assuming my ISP doesn't destroy my upload bandwidth on either of those days.

If ZSJL drops early morning on March 18th, I will stay up to stream it after the BvS Ultimate Edition stream for anyone who wants to brave a morning showtime.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dunno how to watch this in Japan but I'd like to

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm doing a test stream of BvS Ultimate Edition on HBO Max in the CineD Discord right now and it's working great. We good to go on the 18th...

:getin:

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

The proper term is "Thursday next".

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
For you, the day the Snyder Cut debuted was the most important day of your life. For me, it was... thursday.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Wonder Woman teaser. It's interesting to see that Diana is now wearing a black outfit at the Temple of the Amazons. Instead of the white outfit from earlier previews. Also, I wonder who she's talking to when she says "Show him your fear." and the crowd responds with "We have no fear"

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1368960752590016512?s=20

Better quality Darkseid teaser.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-whkeJMCic

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr. Apollo posted:

Wonder Woman teaser. It's interesting to see that Diana is now wearing a black outfit at the Temple of the Amazons. Instead of the white outfit from earlier previews. Also, I wonder who she's talking to when she says "Show him your fear." and the crowd responds with "We have no fear"

I think "Show him your fear" was in the original cut and she shouted it at Steppenwolf

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

teagone posted:

The week of ZSJL release, I will be streaming Man of Steel on March 16th late-ish around 9PM central to the Snack Snyder Chat channel in the CineD Discord. The next day on March 17th, around the same time, I will stream BvS Ultimate Edition. This is assuming my ISP doesn't destroy my upload bandwidth on either of those days.

If ZSJL drops early morning on March 18th, I will stay up to stream it after the BvS Ultimate Edition stream for anyone who wants to brave a morning showtime.
But what about the updated bvs that drops on the 18th? I'm doing a triple feature instead of a daily thing because of this.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Mr. Apollo posted:

Is that really WW? I thought that was from when Steppenwolf attacks the Amazonian temple and they try to stop him.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Grendels Dad posted:

Is that really WW? I thought that was from when Steppenwolf attacks the Amazonian temple and they try to stop him.
That what I originally thought too but closed captioning has "Diana Prince" saying that line. What if it's a Knightmare scene.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Mar 8, 2021

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Mr. Apollo posted:

That what I originally thought too but closed captioning has "Diana Prince" saying that line. What if it's a Knightmare scene.

She's dead in the Knightmare universe (though I guess that could've changed by now, but the trailers still seem to suggest her and Aquaman are both dead).

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

She's dead in the Knightmare universe (though I guess that could've changed by now, but the trailers still seem to suggest her and Aquaman are both dead).
Right, but maybe this shows her dying in battle against the armies of Apokolips. The movie seems to deal with the beginning of the Knightmare because in the Darkseid teaser we see Darkseid putting his hand on a presumably corrupted Superman's shoulder.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

These little teasers are great.

Is this a spoiler? anyway, think this photo was taken at the same exhibit where the storyboard photos came from. The Knightmare future sequence could be pretty long, it's potentially got Mera carrying gas cans at least.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

brawleh posted:

Is this a spoiler? anyway, think this photo was taken at the same exhibit where the storyboard photos came from. The Knightmare future sequence could be pretty long, it's potentially got Mera carrying gas cans at least.

The story boards had a bit from JL 3 where Mera returns to the Batcave carrying Arthur's trident and 2 jugs of water.

"Batman, Deadshot, Flash, and Lantern return to the League's hidden base camp under Wayne Manor. Mera joins them, walking to the camp — across the desert— with Arthur's trident slung across her shoulders carrying two buckets of water. Mera remarks she's had to venture further outside of camp to locate drinkable water."

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Show me your fear line is Hippolyta shouting it at her Amazon army.

It's also a totally :black101:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Apparently HBO Max messed up and had ZSJL play when you try to watch Tom and Jerry. It's fixed now, but there are spoiliferous screenshots out in the wild.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

hiddenriverninja posted:

Apparently HBO Max messed up and had ZSJL play when you try to watch Tom and Jerry. It's fixed now, but there are spoiliferous screenshots out in the wild.
Damnit, they hid it where they knew I could never find it

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

McCloud posted:

The Show me your fear line is Hippolyta shouting it at her Amazon army.

It's also a totally :black101:
That makes a lot more sense.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

As in the actual movie? People were sitting down to watch Tom And Jerry and they saw a timer of 0:01/4:02:57 and Darkseid's big scowling face or whatever? Lmao if so

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Oh man I had a look and caught some reviews from people who saw a bit. Apparently WB cut the feed after the first hour.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

2house2fly posted:

As in the actual movie? People were sitting down to watch Tom And Jerry and they saw a timer of 0:01/4:02:57 and Darkseid's big scowling face or whatever? Lmao if so
Yep. Apparently they fixed it within about an hour so it cut off even if you were mid-watch, but I'm guessing some people skipped around.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

hiddenriverninja posted:

I heard on Twitter they added a scene where one of the characters fills an entire room with mousetraps, only to realise he's trapped in the corner, and winds up setting off like a hundred of them and getting them stuck to every part of his body. Just awful poo poo. I don't know how anyone can defend Snyder.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Kazzah posted:

I heard on Twitter they added a scene where one of the characters fills an entire room with mousetraps, only to realise he's trapped in the corner, and winds up setting off like a hundred of them and getting them stuck to every part of his body. Just awful poo poo. I don't know how anyone can defend Snyder.
Snyder slavishly recreated some of the imagery of Maus but clearly didn't understand the source material at all

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Wanna see Tom lounging on a throne Darkseid style.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Oh fyi:
If you live in Germany you will be able to stream the film on Sky.
Presumably this means the UK goons will be able to stream it on Sky as well, but if not it will be available on VOD

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Not a spoiler but I saw a clip of Diana saving the hostages before it was taken down and holy poo poo she goes full goku on the terrorists. I’m sure Snyder would say “they’re not dead, she just broke every bone in their bodies.”

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Kazzah posted:

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

I saw a quick clip someone took and it looks kind of like the Knightmare is being compressed into flashforwards- there's a scene of Batman, Flash, Cyborg and Mera all preparing for battle, with the Joker laughing off to the side, then Evil Superman shows up with glowing red eyes, cut to Present Day Bruce Wayne waking up from a horrible dream!

This gives me hope that the movie might actually wrap things up satisfyingly rather than ending on a cliffhanger to be resolved in a movie that'll never be made

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

2house2fly posted:

I saw a quick clip someone took and it looks kind of like the Knightmare is being compressed into flashforwards- there's a scene of Batman, Flash, Cyborg and Mera all preparing for battle, with the Joker laughing off to the side, then Evil Superman shows up with glowing red eyes, cut to Present Day Bruce Wayne waking up from a horrible dream!

This gives me hope that the movie might actually wrap things up satisfyingly rather than ending on a cliffhanger to be resolved in a movie that'll never be made

There's always been a wrap up to the immediate threat, but stuff happens after. I don't think Zack would lie about something like that.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Win a pair of tickets to a private IMAX screening in SF on March 15th, US residents only.

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1369041097729576960?s=20

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Why don’t you just spit in my mouth instead?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Too bad the pfizer vax needs a second shot, wouldn't be dosed in time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

bushisms.txt posted:

Too bad the pfizer vax needs a second shot, wouldn't be dosed in time.

Even if you sneak a J&J shot it would still take more time than you have left for your immune system to catch up.