Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i think that's only available at the Utah Costco

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

tango alpha delta posted:

i think that's only available at the Utah Costco

yes but it's still not in stores, you have to look through a catalog

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

SirPablo posted:

Divorce wife, pick up new women at Costco.

https://youtu.be/Z8zNsUTWsOc

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

SirPablo posted:

Divorce wife, pick up new women at Costco.

friends with good benefits

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Costco fleshlights.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007
Air fryer question: will it make store bought breaded/battered chicken wings significantly crispier than just cooking them in the oven or deep frying?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

StevoMcQueen posted:

Air fryer question: will it make store bought breaded/battered chicken wings significantly crispier than just cooking them in the oven or deep frying?

Definitely worse than deep frying, but better than an oven if you don't have a convection oven.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

pnumoman posted:

Definitely worse than deep frying, but better than an oven if you don't have a convection oven.

Yea this. Crispier than a typical oven (and faster). Deep frying it won't compete with.

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo

StevoMcQueen posted:

It's just a countertop convection oven

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Our Costco in MD doesn’t have liquor or beer, which sucks and is fine. I really don’t want an excuse to buy any more cases of beers the occasional bottle of whiskey.

We saw the tips that if you get Salmon, make sure you go with Norway or USA sourced. Chile and Russia might be sketchy.

The best thing about Costco lately is an increase in Korea/Japanese/broader Asian products. My son loves the microwave massala channa for lunch. We have enjoyed the rice ramen noodles and konjac noodles. My wife grew up eating the last ones and they are great for folks watching carbs. She’ll buy a big pork tenderloin and then just slice it for making don katsu.

Don’t get the General Tso’s cauliflower. It’s bad.

The Thai coconut curry chicken is not bad for a cheap family meal option though.

We love their cauliflower pizza though. So tasty.

I am going to try the Irish stew but we typically just go get a roast and make stew ourselves.

Also, they’ve had flush ceiling lights on sale and we replaced all of our old fixtures in the last two weeks. Really simple and the lights are a step up from the crappy Amazon boob light options.

Costco is alright.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
costco anglicans vs costco evangelicals vs costco fedayeen

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I drove by this yesterday.

Can’t imagine why’d you’d pick sams lol

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I like the Home Depot and Lowe’s across the street from each other too.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

MarcusSA posted:

I drove by this yesterday.

Can’t imagine why’d you’d pick sams lol

there’s a BJ’s like 2 minutes from my local parish. I’ll be honest, I’ve been known to stray a moment or two during free membership offers.

my family were BJ’s->Costco switchers. We switched in the early 00s because of the pharmacy

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

FCKGW posted:

I like the Home Depot and Lowe’s across the street from each other too.

We’ve got that combo one town over only they share the same parking lot.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Listen you either shop at Costco/Lowe's or Sam's/Home Depot.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
is it a politics thing

i bet its a politics thing

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Costco shoppers drive like this *leans back, one arm on windowsill*
Sams club shoppers drive like this *face inches from wheel, butt sticking up alarmingly*

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
There’s actually a reason this happens, it’s strangely unintuitive.

https://youtu.be/jILgxeNBK_8

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
"demand is brutally clustered, there are individual square miles of demand where there is more demand for some products than in entire mediumsized nationstates"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Both Home Depot and Walmart are big GOP donors so yeah, it's a politics thing.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

priznat posted:

Sams club shoppers drive like this *face inches from wheel, butt sticking up alarmingly*

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Ha! We’re the exception that proves the rule. We live across the street from Costco, but a Home Depot and Sam’s is down the street maybe two miles away, so we are a Costco/Home Depot family

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum
My 'co did not have the frozen Mexican Street Corn today (it's been a few months since I bought any). Checking the comments and store located on Tattooed Chef's site, it doesn't seem to be sold at Costco any more. I had to go to Meijer and buy some Alexia brand street corn that has parmesan instead of cotija. Dinner just won't be the same tonight.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
couldnt you just buy some cotija corn and other elotes stuff separately

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

bob dobbs is dead posted:

couldnt you just buy some cotija corn and other elotes stuff separately

Probably, but this was going to be a low effort heat poo poo up dinner because I'm tired. Apparently from googling though it can be as simple as corn + mayo + chili powder, so yeah, maybe I'll try making my own some time.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Why go to McDonald's when you can make a hamburger yourself lol

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
I live in downtown Portland and the nearest Costco is like an 8 mile / 20 min drive.

Totally worth it, and probably the furthest I drive to anything now.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

One of my coworkers, a fellow Costco disciple, shared this picture from THE WORLD'S LARGEST COSTCO in Salt Lake City.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Costco#Largest_location posted:

In 2005, the world's largest Costco was located in Hillsboro, Oregon. In 2015, Costco completed an expansion in Salt Lake City, making it the new largest Costco at 235,000 sq ft (21,800 m2). In 2011, Costco's highest volume store was in Seoul, South Korea. Taiwan's Taichung ranks at the very top in the number of members and is second in the world in sales volume (the exact figures are confidential), behind South Korea's Yangjae store in Seoul; moreover, 13 Costco operations in Taiwan, three – Taichung, Neihu, and Chungho – rank in the top 10 in the world in sales volume.

It is not only a Costco, it is also combined with a Costco Business Center. The average Costco is 150ksf, the Hillsboro one is 205ksf, and the SLC one is 235ksf.

I think the cutoff is that if they are 200ksf or more, they are no longer churches, but cathedrals.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

that is the emptiest costco i ever done seen

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Mormons have huge families so it makes sense.

Geodude
Mar 21, 2004

Geodude used Reply to Thread! It's super effective!
Oh man - I got the almond danishes from the bakery. They're delicious - better than I've had at any coffee shop. They tiptoe the line of croissant/danish and are probably insanely bad for me, but what a tasty breakfast.

I foolishly tried to use my Costco rewards at the self-checkout line. The poor girl was like "uhhh I don't think it'll work" and fumbled around for a while before she just said "go over to merch pickup they'll just cash you out."

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

canyoneer posted:

One of my coworkers, a fellow Costco disciple, shared this picture from THE WORLD'S LARGEST COSTCO in Salt Lake City.

It is not only a Costco, it is also combined with a Costco Business Center. The average Costco is 150ksf, the Hillsboro one is 205ksf, and the SLC one is 235ksf.

I think the cutoff is that if they are 200ksf or more, they are no longer churches, but cathedrals.

This feels like that SCP of the endless IKEA.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I feel like bolting on a business center on to a regular Costco is cheating. Hillsboro, Oregon is still king in my book.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

FCKGW posted:

I feel like bolting on a business center on to a regular Costco is cheating. Hillsboro, Oregon is still king in my book.

This was the particular church I went to when in the depths of pandemic initial hoarding all of the TP was gone everywhere else. Hillsboro still had a bunch.

PBUC

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Huh, I’ve been to the Hillsboro costco a few times and I guess I never noticed it was bigger. I think I’ve been to every Costco in the Portland metro area though. The one in the southeast has its food court outside, very cursed.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Hell yeah got to the Costco gas station right as my gas light went on.

Efficient

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Redoing the basement over the next few months. This means my costco storage space is at a minimum. And I just got my Citi refund :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Can you even pump your own gas at a Oregon costco? Yeah I thought not so gently caress that