Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Alan Smithee posted:

Can you even pump your own gas at a Oregon costco? Yeah I thought not so gently caress that

It fuckin sucks, but that's just all of Oregon. The 'co at least has tons of pumps and there's always someone standing right there, so it's about as good as it gets in this state. And you still can't beat those prices. My bigger complaint since I got into car tuning is that I've only seen 92 octane at Oregon Costcos, no 93.

Apparently the trick at regular pumps is just to get out and start doing it yourself, either someone will come to yell at you and you get immediate service or you just fill up and leave before anyone says anything. But I fear confrontation so I just sit in my car and let the big man come fill up my car for little boys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

One time we were driving through New Jersey, my dad was so excited to get gas. He rolled down the window and requested that the attendant "fill er up". How could you not want that? Every single time lol.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I live in Philly and if I'm ever going through NJ I always fill up before reaching it if it's at all feasible I'd run out of gas on my trip so I don't have to deal with a gas filler person.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Alan Smithee posted:

Can you even pump your own gas at a Oregon costco? Yeah I thought not so gently caress that

Oregon

3 of 5

Orientation

https://i.imgur.com/Nh5ZoqD.mp4

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
My city is all full serve gas stations but literally nobody waits for the attendant to saunter over. Pay at the pump makes it totally optional.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I can only assume that the gas station employees union somehow has a stranglehold on certain states as a result of some dark magic they discovered in the 1940s, probably something ocean based given the only 2 states that do it have an ocean border.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

A college ex was from New Jersey, she drove to visit me and she asked me to go with her to pump gas because she had never done it and was afraid.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Psh, it's easy to get them to let you pump your own gas in Oregon.

All you have to do is pull up to the station during a road trip at the exact moment it turns out you need to call an ambulance for the security guard who's having seizures and the cashier dude is clearly freaking the hell out and in too much shock so he just mumbles that you can go do it yourself while he calls his boss.

And then you actually do spill gas all over your hands because it turns out they use the oldest shittiest pumps imaginable.

Why yes this did happen to me.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Does someone have a time machine so I can go back in time and kick myself for thinking stopping at Costco on my way to pick up my 2 year old from school would be a good idea.

Getting $600 of Costco into the house and into the freezer while all he wants is to do is play with me sucks real bad.

e: update, he took a refrigerator door to the forehead while I was trying to make the milk fit.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 8, 2021

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Renegret posted:

Does someone have a time machine so I can go back in time and kick myself for thinking stopping at Costco on my way to pick up my 2 year old from school would be a good idea.

Getting $600 of Costco into the house and into the freezer while all he wants is to do is play with me sucks real bad.

e: update, he took a refrigerator door to the forehead while I was trying to make the milk fit.

Lol, you sure you're not on a hidden camera show?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pnumoman posted:

Lol, you sure you're not on a hidden camera show?

The truman show but sponsored by Costco.

My wife is in love with hollow easter bunny chocolate. She doesn't know why but she loves the thin hollow chocolate.

I grabbed a 40 pack of hollow easter eggs, she's gonna flip her poo poo when she sees it. I can't help but buy random poo poo every time I go to Costco

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

The truman show but sponsored by Costco.

My wife is in love with hollow easter bunny chocolate. She doesn't know why but she loves the thin hollow chocolate.

I grabbed a 40 pack of hollow easter eggs, she's gonna flip her poo poo when she sees it. I can't help but buy random poo poo every time I go to Costco

I spoil my niece and nephew rotten with impulse purchases I make at Costco. Nothing crazy, but I use them as an excuse to indulge my inner child when seasonal items are around. Relatedly, the Ferrero chocolate eggs are just okay, not worth the higher price. Rather get normal Ferrero rocher for that price, and the other easter items have better easter theming

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Went to 2 Costcos, both were out of the cans of cold brew coffee :hotpickle:

I miss the combo pizza hopefully they're back post-pandemic

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pnumoman posted:

I spoil my niece and nephew rotten with impulse purchases I make at Costco. Nothing crazy, but I use them as an excuse to indulge my inner child when seasonal items are around. Relatedly, the Ferrero chocolate eggs are just okay, not worth the higher price. Rather get normal Ferrero rocher for that price, and the other easter items have better easter theming

I, uh, forgot to look at the price.

My shame :(

They're not ferrero though. Package says Jacquat. Probably cheaper than the dozen trips to cvs that I'd end up making instead.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

infraboy posted:

Went to 2 Costcos, both were out of the cans of cold brew coffee :hotpickle:

I miss the combo pizza hopefully they're back post-pandemic

I should ship you the ones I have left. I didn't think they were very good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Martman posted:

Psh, it's easy to get them to let you pump your own gas in Oregon.

All you have to do is pull up to the station during a road trip at the exact moment it turns out you need to call an ambulance for the security guard who's having seizures and the cashier dude is clearly freaking the hell out and in too much shock so he just mumbles that you can go do it yourself while he calls his boss.

And then you actually do spill gas all over your hands because it turns out they use the oldest shittiest pumps imaginable.

Why yes this did happen to me.

This you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap0BZKlG5QY

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
I want to go to the Costco with the parking lot in the store

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I swear, I'm a perfectly competent gas pumper in states with normal modern pumps!! I didn't spill much but enough that my hands smelled for a while after, and it made me wonder if this whole law was actually some stupid way for gas stations to avoid having to modernize their equipment or something.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i bought a 6 pack of parking lots at costco and i can't finish them all

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

SchnorkIes posted:

In Iowa City the Costco has indoor parking. I think I heard it was some kind of boat factory/warehouse or something, not certain. It's very nice indeed in the winter.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Renegret posted:

I, uh, forgot to look at the price.

My shame :(

They're not ferrero though. Package says Jacquat. Probably cheaper than the dozen trips to cvs that I'd end up making instead.

I think I saw those, pretty sure those hollow eggs are what I regret not getting. The Ferrero ones are essentially egg shaped rocher without any nuts, so you end up paying more for less.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
ferrero rocher is basically the perfect amount of nut vs chocolate vs creme and messing with it is sacrilege

it's like reese's cups - the mini cups or big cups are ok I guess but the normal sized cups are the perfect mix of chocolate vs peanut butter, and when you change the size you change the mixture ratio, it's not the same thing

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

SchnorkIes posted:

The Waltham, MA church's parking is (at least partially) underneath the store.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
are yall talking about a parking deck

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

The Lindt pistachio milk chocolate balls are pretty great, but I'm also a heathen who's into their matcha white chocolate balls too so maybe I can't be trusted.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Martman posted:

The Lindt pistachio milk chocolate balls are pretty great, but I'm also a heathen who's into their matcha white chocolate balls too so maybe I can't be trusted.
Can confirm these are good, but I'm also a heathen that likes white chocolate poo poo. Didn't know they had matcha stuff.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Martman posted:

Some of the matcha ones actually taste like matcha, but I feel like most of them taste like nothing but cocoa butter. Maybe we got a bad bag, but there wasn't nearly enough matcha in them.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thirding the white chocolate but it has led me astray like the recent "golden nugget" fiasco, usually those sweet/savory combo things near the checkout are only good for a couple bites and then become godawful, I have been burned multiple times on this and probably will be again.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

thathonkey posted:

are yall talking about a parking deck

Parking ramp?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Paul MaudDib posted:

ferrero rocher is basically the perfect amount of nut vs chocolate vs creme and messing with it is sacrilege

it's like reese's cups - the mini cups or big cups are ok I guess but the normal sized cups are the perfect mix of chocolate vs peanut butter, and when you change the size you change the mixture ratio, it's not the same thing

The mini ones are good. The big ones have too much PB and therefore the ratio sucks.

Have a tweet made for this thread:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MokisHome/status/1369040832154669059

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress the police

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

The mini ones are good. The big ones have too much PB and therefore the ratio sucks.

Have a tweet made for this thread:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MokisHome/status/1369040832154669059

Lol.. I think the cops here can ticket you even for eating while driving and call it "distracted driving" like if you were texting someone. FTP, ACAB

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Gotta breathalyze him for sodium content

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

ACASCM

(All Cops Are Sams Club Members)

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah I got a 4T officer

hoT dog
comes wiTh drink
That chicken bake
Turkey club

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

FCKGW posted:

ACASCM

:aaaaa:

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

FCKGW posted:

ACASCM

:discourse:

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
My mom is getting the COVID vaccine at Costco today (Washington state)

Man, how huge is that needle gonna be?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Drunk Nerds posted:

My mom is getting the COVID vaccine at Costco today (Washington state)

Man, how huge is that needle gonna be?

She’s gonna get the bulk dose. Both doses at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
The only difference is that it's packaged on one of those blister packs surrounded by cardstock so they stand up better in display boxes.