Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
don't go spoiling poo poo like you always do grouchio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Willo567 posted:

don't go spoiling poo poo like you always do grouchio

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

*raises hands in the air*

I put 'em in spoil tags and I didn't actually spoil what went down officer!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

*raises hands in the air*

I put 'em in spoil tags and I didn't actually spoil what went down officer!

Spoiler tags don't help if you don't indicate what the spoiler tags are for, or if you hint at what's in the spoiler tags outside of the spoiler tags :milk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Eva spoilers

https://twitter.com/DannyVegito/status/1183036978427809792

It's the TV credits don't get mad at me Julias

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Space Flower posted:

User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Space Flower posted:

User loses posting privileges for 3 days.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Get his rear end.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
looks like these stairs...

are out of order

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I am protected.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Are there reliable ways to find out of print titles without going to :files: or is it generally a crapshoot? I'm feeling nostalgic for 90s schlock titles while I'm trying to figure out what drew me to them in the first place. I've got it in my mind that my interest stems from the fact that a lot of these stories are the same as you can find elsewhere but only in written form. Giving a voice and an image to a story that otherwise might not have one goes a long way to enhancing what might just be routine.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arcsquad12 posted:

Are there reliable ways to find out of print titles without going to :files: or is it generally a crapshoot? I'm feeling nostalgic for 90s schlock titles while I'm trying to figure out what drew me to them in the first place. I've got it in my mind that my interest stems from the fact that a lot of these stories are the same as you can find elsewhere but only in written form. Giving a voice and an image to a story that otherwise might not have one goes a long way to enhancing what might just be routine.

http://because.moe/ will help you figure out if any particular shows are available on a streaming service. Hidive has a lot of classic OVAs, so it might be worth browsing their catalog. But often times torrents will be your best bet for out of print shows.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Happy Birthday Hatsune Miku :toot:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can't believe Hatsune Miku's as old as the First I-Phone or Wii.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Julias posted:

http://because.moe/ will help you figure out if any particular shows are available on a streaming service. Hidive has a lot of classic OVAs, so it might be worth browsing their catalog. But often times torrents will be your best bet for out of print shows.
I was a little confused because I wasn't sure if Arc was talking about anime OVA's and the like or manga, but yeah, if it's for anime, because.moe straight up tells you where you can find a fuckload of anime and where it's available.

For example:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
ebay is where I usually look for out of print manga so that's also an option if you want to try to find a dvd or possibly even a vhs of something; also rightstuf has a last chance section that sometimes has out of print old stock in it -- again I've usually been looking for manga so that's mostly what I've focused on but there's all sorts of stuff in it and what they have in there changes fairly regularly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Julias posted:

That's what I was afraid of. So many shows lost to time. That said, I'll definitely check out the link to see what I can find.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Grouchio posted:

Kaguya and Evangelion leaks on the same morning.

What a morning to be alive.
Oh god is there a camrip and subs yet I need my fix and I've been avoiding spoiiilllleerrrrrs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

respect yourself and don't watch camrips

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

the mugen train wait has been pain

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Julias posted:

Happy Birthday Hatsune Miku :toot:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
camrips ftw. been camripping since disappearance of hatsune miku or whatever

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Discotek announced on their announcement stream that they would be cancelling the Project A-Ko blu-ray that they were using a new upres technology for.

Because they found the original film master and are going to use that instead.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1369115040880619522?s=20

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i haven't been looking at the eva thread for fear of spoilers. are there any indications of when we can expect a stateside release? 2028?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Important
https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1369122776796164098

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i haven't been looking at the eva thread for fear of spoilers. are there any indications of when we can expect a stateside release? 2028?

Not yet no.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Discotek announced on their announcement stream that they would be cancelling the Project A-Ko blu-ray that they were using a new upres technology for.

Because they found the original film master and are going to use that instead.

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1369115040880619522?s=20
That looks like a goddamn feast for the eyes. :dance:

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That's like the perfect mix of 70s mech design, 80s action, 90s OVA crazy.

I think I still have my Saturday Anime Project A-Ko tape from SciFi Channel

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

FilthyImp posted:

Oh god is there a camrip and subs yet I need my fix and I've been avoiding spoiiilllleerrrrrs
Check 4chan there probably are camrips somewhere. (I got to watch Heavens Feel Part 2 raws the week of it's release)

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
:eyepop:

That is a lot of boke kaeru.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm legit curious as to where they found the master but this is great news. A-ko was one of the first shows I watched after Akira and it getting a good BD release is excellent new

(I'm also half tempted to rewatch Grey side even though it's not good cause it's A-ko and B-ko living together which is the ideal A-ko pairing)

Edit: OMG it was just misplaced in the vault due to a clerical error. That's amazingly sad/funny

https://twitter.com/discotekmedia/status/1369115826792493057

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Mar 9, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Wait they actually released another eva movie? Yeah right. Next you gonna tell me the second panzer girls thing actually came out.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

kater posted:

Wait they actually released another eva movie? Yeah right. Next you gonna tell me the second panzer girls thing actually came out.
And the Devil Part Timer anime got a second season. Welcome to 2021 mothafucka

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That's right, one of the men who helped create the video game RPG as a genre found A-ko.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kater posted:

the second girls und panzer das finale film came out so long ago that the third one is coming out in a couple weeks

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Waffleman_ posted:

That's right, one of the men who helped create the video game RPG as a genre found A-ko.

sirtech lives, baby

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Waffleman_ posted:

I still blame him for founding AnimEigo, then the AE website having a chat room, then me being a teenager on the internet.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Is there a long german word that describes feeling frustrated because it's been a long time since a manga's been updated and you forgot what was going on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

iunno hey covid you think these freaks are gonna wear masks?