Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

If I were to enter and somehow win, that would be a 7 hour drive for me. So I would probably need to get a hotel for a movie.

I can wait three extra days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I got my second dose of the Moderna vaccine and my two weeks will be up by this Friday so... Hmmm. I really could use a vacation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The 1st shot is generally better than nothing and TBH if the theater is spaced out it'll be fine. At least Americans are actually getting it though! People in my age group are estimated MAYBE April or June. :lol: Canada failed completely.

I went to see The New Mutants in the summer and it was spaced out properly plus the place is cleaned up pretty well.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

This leak is kinda hilarious because anyone coming out with intense hatred about it is admitting either:

1) they were legitimately trying to watch Tom and Jerry, or

2) they heard about a Snydercut leak and immediately dropped everything to watch as much of it as they could in an hour and start tweetin'

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Martman posted:

This leak is kinda hilarious because anyone coming out with intense hatred about it is admitting either:

1) they were legitimately trying to watch Tom and Jerry, or

2) they heard about a Snydercut leak and immediately dropped everything to watch as much of it as they could in an hour and start tweetin'

Tom and Jerry is supposed to be "pretty good" or so I've heard. But yeah if you legitimately were a mid-afternoon Tom and Jerry watcher what are the odds you're also simultaneously an extremely online Snyder-hater?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, seriously. If I didn't care about the Snydercut I'd be all "Why am I watching Justice League? I thought I chose Tom and Jerry."

These people need a life.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I hope some parents tried to put it on, left, and then Justice League started with the Batman saying "Aw gently caress, we're boned guys" in the first five seconds

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Someone tweeted “I just wanted to watch Tom & Jerry with my kids but instead Batman popped up on the screen and said gently caress!”

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
And he just starts making out with joker

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

"I used to believe that everyone in this world was either a cat... or a mouse. Then Superman came and hosed my poo poo all up."

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Release the Chuck Jones cut.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Roth posted:

I hope some parents tried to put it on, left, and then Justice League started with the Batman saying "Aw gently caress, we're boned guys" in the first five seconds

"Ah, gently caress, Cyborg got shot directly in the penis. It's all hosed up now. poo poo the gently caress, mumble"

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Cyborg teaser

https://vero.co/zacksnyder/X-KzxFxwd2d87JVHVWqMRrrH

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Snowman_McK posted:

"Ah, gently caress, Cyborg got shot directly in the penis. It's all hosed up now. poo poo the gently caress, mumble"

Choosing to hear that as him saying 'mumble'.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Sounds like Laurence Fishburne talking at one point, for some reason

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Aidan_702 posted:

Unlike the other videos, this one doesn't identify the speakers if you turn on close captioning. It just calls them Speaker 1, Speaker 2, etc.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Aidan_702 posted:

It sure sounds like him but I can't imagine why Perry White would be saying that dialogue.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
Nobody's ever seen Stanwick and White in the same room?

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

Nobody's ever seen Stanwick and White in the same room?

Lol martian Manhunter revealed to be a third of minor characters

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

https://twitter.com/ZackSnyder/status/1369335778615169028

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

UK GOOONS:

https://twitter.com/kryptonscodex/status/1369339201221705736?s=20

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Just watching this again that sounds like Laurence Fishburne delivering pontificating some lines, right? Or am I crazy? :tinfoil: There's scenes between Perry and Cyborg?

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

Just watching this again that sounds like Laurence Fishburne delivering pontificating some lines, right? Or am I crazy? :tinfoil: There's scenes between Perry and Cyborg?
yeah, it does.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
I wish HBO would just release it this week.

Violator
May 15, 2003

If Martian manhunter can hide his identity maybe he cloaks as other people?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Apollo posted:

yeah, it does.

Oh I was beaten earlier and didn't even realize, lmao. And yeah, maybe Perry and Swanwick are people MM has posed as... would be hilarious in retrospect with the scenes between Clark and Perry in BvS where a few of us jokingly mentioned Perry probably knows Clark is Superman and likes to give him poo poo lol.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Spacebump posted:

I wish HBO would just release it this week.

Good news!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
RE the voice in the cyborg trailer, I want Laurence Fishburne telling a new kid he is the god of computers and I don’t care what contrivances are needed to make it happen.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

teagone posted:

It's Silas Stone.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

While it would be cool for Martian Manhunter to be all over the place, it would be a bit... odd to be like "oh every random Black man you've seen all this time? it was all me"

Like, let Perry White just be a dude, he's awesome as it is.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Robot Style posted:

It's Silas Stone.

Laurence Fishburne has a fairly distinct voice though. It definitely sounds like him delivering the "1s and 0s" and the "brave ones" lines to me. Listening to the clip with headphones now, and nevermind, it sorta doesnt sound as much like Fishburne anymore. But drat, I was just having Morpheus flashbacks considering the content of the lines I guess lol.

[edit] Err, well poo poo, I dunno. If it's not Fisburne, it's Joe Morton doing a drat good impression of him lmao.

Martman posted:

While it would be cool for Martian Manhunter to be all over the place, it would be a bit... odd to be like "oh every random Black man you've seen all this time? it was all me"

Like, let Perry White just be a dude, he's awesome as it is.

I think there was a storyboard that showed MM to be Lois Lane at one point too, lol.

teagone fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Mar 9, 2021

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

From what I've heard about that sequence, there's definitely some Matrix inspiration, so it's probably intentional.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

teagone posted:

I think there was a storyboard that showed MM to be Lois Lane at one point too, lol.
Ok now this I like

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Martman posted:

Ok now this I like

Looked it up, and Snyder posted the storyboard himself to Vero.

Robot Style posted:

From what I've heard about that sequence, there's definitely some Matrix inspiration, so it's probably intentional.

That's hilarious, lol. I love it.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Every character ends up being Martian Manhunter.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
Uh, so I made the mistake of looking at a twitter thread about the Tom and Jerry fuckup/partial leak, and i have to say: don't do that.

Twitter stans are just hardcore conspiracy theorists at this point. I wish it was just Snyder ppl, but I'm pretty much sure it isnt. The internet has just broken so many people.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

If you need some serious dialogue about the rise of machines and Laurence Fishburne is around you figure out a way to bring it to him.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Why hasn't HBO put higher quality versions of these promos that are showing up on Twitter on to their youtube page? You'd think that'd be a no-brainer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Uh, so I made the mistake of looking at a twitter thread about the Tom and Jerry fuckup/partial leak, and i have to say: don't do that.

Twitter stans are just hardcore conspiracy theorists at this point. I wish it was just Snyder ppl, but I'm pretty much sure it isnt. The internet has just broken so many people.

Yeah I see people arguing that the leak was actually WB intentionally trying to ruin Zach Snyder because... something something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ImpAtom posted:

Yeah I see people arguing that the leak was actually WB intentionally trying to ruin Zach Snyder because... something something?

People are being touchy because of past bullshit from the studio.

But if that was the case, it would have been left up long enough to get ripped and it'd be plastered all over torrent sites and everything. The only way for that to 'hurt' Snyder is for it to get leaked online and impact the actual release views.

That didn't happen and this reads more like a genuine mistake.