Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Just spend scavenging points for those. It's a 1 to 1 conversion rate and levelling up is a lot faster than capping out on all the blue components.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Not sure how viable it is pre WT5/endgame but a drone/turret skill build melts those dogs and heavies since they both target the chest and just punch right through the armor.

Right from the moment it was available I played through the entire game solo with a turret/drone and prioritising skill level gear. Even rushing and being aggressive they still get north of half of all the kills per mission.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

Just spend scavenging points for those. It's a 1 to 1 conversion rate and levelling up is a lot faster than capping out on all the blue components.

I'm not maxed out on the other categories so I only get those every 5 levels or so.

And I know you can technically cheat and get more by creating/leveling alts since they share your SHD levels but :lol: at going through the story ever again.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm not maxed out on the other categories so I only get those every 5 levels or so.

And I know you can technically cheat and get more by creating/leveling alts since they share your SHD levels but :lol: at going through the story ever again.

If you have the level boost it takes like 5 hours to finish the WONY story.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I really hope it's not actually 12 weeks until the new/re-run seasons start

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

It almost certainly is.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That's a bummer

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2325892-SCHEDULED-Maintenance-March-9th-2021?p=15366491#post15366491

Maintenance Notes:

Beginning of seasonal re-runs, starting with Season 5 (Season 1: Shadow Tide).
Fixes to crash to desktop issues.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh hell yeah back to doing poo poo for stuff i already have

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

something something battle passes are bankrupt engagement design

Sorry, I mean yay number go up again

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Whatever, happy to get the track named caches again

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Well, mate of mine helped me get through Basin for WT5 and we decided to go to the Zoo afterwards to unlock the next step in my Firewall spec and... it didn't count?

Does it only count after you finish it in 'story mode' or something?

What should I be focusing on now that I'm at WT5? Do I prioritise gear score for now when equipping stuff until I hit cap? Should I be extracting everything from every weapon I'm not using? Doing any crafting?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Story mode is story difficulty so yeah you have to do it twice and yes I got owned by this too

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

moist turtleneck posted:

Story mode is story difficulty so yeah you have to do it twice and yes I got owned by this too

Same. For the same mission, too. :v:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Story
Normal
Hard
Challenging
Heroic
(Only some) Legendary

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

Well, mate of mine helped me get through Basin for WT5 and we decided to go to the Zoo afterwards to unlock the next step in my Firewall spec and... it didn't count?

Does it only count after you finish it in 'story mode' or something?

What should I be focusing on now that I'm at WT5? Do I prioritise gear score for now when equipping stuff until I hit cap? Should I be extracting everything from every weapon I'm not using? Doing any crafting?

Do you have Warlords? If you have Warlords you should just do the other off map missions (White Oak, two Pentagon missions, two Coney Island missions) on the story difficulty, if you haven’t already, then go to New York. Warlords starts dropping new gear immediately and while it won’t outclass maxed out WT5 gear right away by the time you’re level 34 or 35 you’ll at least need the extra armor the new gear has. So you probably shouldn’t do any crafting. The recalibration libraries for WT5 and levels 31-40 are separate so pulling stats from gear in WT5 won’t help you once you start New York.

If you don’t have Warlords then you should start pulling off numbers unless you think it’s something you can optimize into something good. Crafting likely won’t give you anything amazing but it can be a good starting point, again perhaps to optimize later. Gear score has less meaning in WT5 because a 451 build with the right numbers in the right places will out perform a 515 build with random numbers - you want to start knowing what the right numbers and places are.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Roman posted:

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/2325892-SCHEDULED-Maintenance-March-9th-2021?p=15366491#post15366491

Maintenance Notes:

Oh nice, I noticed a pretty heavy uptick in crashes to desktop lately :toot:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Roman posted:

Maintenance Notes:

Hell yes - what a rollercoaster. From thinking it will be 12 weeks until numbers go up to it being one day till numbers go up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I am legit excited to play some more division. My goal will be to fully optimized my current build and finish getting all the blueprints

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

moist turtleneck posted:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Kibayasu posted:

Do you have Warlords? If you have Warlords you should just do the other off map missions (White Oak, two Pentagon missions, two Coney Island missions) on the story difficulty, if you haven’t already, then go to New York. Warlords starts dropping new gear immediately and while it won’t outclass maxed out WT5 gear right away by the time you’re level 34 or 35 you’ll at least need the extra armor the new gear has. So you probably shouldn’t do any crafting. The recalibration libraries for WT5 and levels 31-40 are separate so pulling stats from gear in WT5 won’t help you once you start New York.

If you don’t have Warlords then you should start pulling off numbers unless you think it’s something you can optimize into something good. Crafting likely won’t give you anything amazing but it can be a good starting point, again perhaps to optimize later. Gear score has less meaning in WT5 because a 451 build with the right numbers in the right places will out perform a 515 build with random numbers - you want to start knowing what the right numbers and places are.

No Warlords, I'll probably grab it next time it goes on sale (provided I still have the itch by then).

So what does my loop look like now? Unlock/clear missions at least once, find a build to aim for and start working on pieces for that with the targeted loot thing? Any particular mission types/activities to aim for our avoid?

Any easy/recommended newbie builds to start going for?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Edmond Dantes posted:

hhhhhhhhhhhhhh

No Warlords, I'll probably grab it next time it goes on sale (provided I still have the itch by then).

So what does my loop look like now? Unlock/clear missions at least once, find a build to aim for and start working on pieces for that with the targeted loot thing? Any particular mission types/activities to aim for our avoid?

Any easy/recommended newbie builds to start going for?

Outside of those off map missions that you may not have done yet you basically do that yes. Doing missions isn’t as good as open world zones or control points for farming because you get way fewer drops and the boxes don’t reset. The only exception to this is the Lincoln Memorial mission because it is so short and comes with 4 bosses which will all drop whatever the target loot is. If another mission does have the loot type you’re looking for it is worth it to run it once to grab the boxes but I wouldn’t try farming any mission except Lincoln.

If you don’t mind kind of feeling like you maybe aren’t actually playing the game then the easiest thing to make to basically immediately jump to challenging or heroic difficulty is a build with 6 skill tier cores and running the machine gun turret/drone. You put skill damage and skill haste everywhere you can and just let the robots do most of the work.

Specifically you want 3 empress pieces, 2 Hana-U pieces, and 1 Wyvern piece. Chest talent is ideally Kinetic Momentum and backpack talent is either Tech Support or Combined Arms (Hana-U has a backpack that comes with Perfect Combined Arms), Tech Support is better for solo stuff. Weapon talent should be In Sync or Spike.

A slightly less effective but possibly easier to find variation is 3 Hard Wired pieces that are NOT chest or backpack and then for the other 3 pieces either 1) 3 Empress or 2) Hana-U and 1 Wyvern. Same talents as above.

Because weapon damage cores have variation unlike skill tier finding good gun build pieces is that much harder but a skill tier build can let you find what you’re looking for with less frustration.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I last played this around release, leveled to 30 on pc and hosed around with world tiers a bit before I got bored since they hadn't even released the raid at that point. Decided to get it for cheap on the Xbox to play on the series x, and just wondering if there's been any big changes I should be aware of? Planning on redoing the story and leveling because I like the brain worms that scratches, but just hoping to avoid any noob traps I might be unaware of.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

I last played this around release, leveled to 30 on pc and hosed around with world tiers a bit before I got bored since they hadn't even released the raid at that point. Decided to get it for cheap on the Xbox to play on the series x, and just wondering if there's been any big changes I should be aware of? Planning on redoing the story and leveling because I like the brain worms that scratches, but just hoping to avoid any noob traps I might be unaware of.

The biggest change was greatly simplifying the equipment system when Warlords was released. It’s pretty much impossible to somehow do something bad while you’re leveling equipment-wise because you resolve everything so fast and story difficulty is not difficult at all. The only thing that might be bad is not unlocking the revive hive for a long time.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kibayasu posted:

The biggest change was greatly simplifying the equipment system when Warlords was released. It’s pretty much impossible to somehow do something bad while you’re leveling equipment-wise because you resolve everything so fast and story difficulty is not difficult at all. The only thing that might be bad is not unlocking the revive hive for a long time.

Ah okay. I hardly remember a thing about the first time, but one thing I am enjoying is knowing right from square one that you can shoot the yellow locks, because I went through 3/4 of my first Div2 playthrough wondering when I was going to unlock an ability that would allow me to get that loot. :negative:

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020
Season 1/5 loot track is so good

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe
Is there a trick to finding the rogue agent whenever that ominous music starts? Or do they automatically show up as soon as I get in a fight?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Runaway Legs posted:

Is there a trick to finding the rogue agent whenever that ominous music starts? Or do they automatically show up as soon as I get in a fight?
They spawn from points like other NPCs for real random encounters in the open world do but you have to walk close enough to fully trigger it or they go poof, which is something I do by accident a lot by walking in the wrong direction.

On missions they trigger on entering whatever slice of the map they replaced the normal spawns in. They auto-trigger if they're spawned by capturing a CP.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Runaway Legs posted:

Fabricated posted:

They spawn from points like other NPCs for real random encounters in the open world do but you have to walk close enough to fully trigger it or they go poof, which is something I do by accident a lot by walking in the wrong direction.

On missions they trigger on entering whatever slice of the map they replaced the normal spawns in. They auto-trigger if they're spawned by capturing a CP.

More specifically the ones you find at random in the open world spawn in the same places as things like public executions, propaganda towers, and territory control. I think the activity will appear as normal on your map until you get close enough to spawn regular enemies at which point you’ll get “rogue agent detected” and the activity symbol on the map will vanish. However since enemies can spawn as soon as you’re within a couple hundred meters this does not help if you don’t know which symbol went away or if they are on the next block over.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah I rarely start getting the music as soon as I start leaving a safe house with no clear indication of where they could be since there’s a ton of activities nearby

A Buffer Gay Dude
Oct 25, 2020

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Yeah I rarely start getting the music as soon as I start leaving a safe house with no clear indication of where they could be since there’s a ton of activities nearby

This double owns when you’re using a memento build

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Yeah, you can always just hang there and wait for someone to trigger 'em, then chase the fight, but I've had rogues wander off and despawn when (carefully) searching for 'em.

I've had much better luck when they spawn during a mission - as long as you have room to maneuver/fall back and heal/camp while your robots work. The little storage area before the armored car at the Arena is good, the destroyed/burning floor at Grand Washington wasn't.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm struggling to remember when/how the bathroom unlocks so I can change my hair and poo poo. Is there a main story mission that unlocks this or a side mission?

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

Doctor Nutt posted:

I'm struggling to remember when/how the bathroom unlocks so I can change my hair and poo poo. Is there a main story mission that unlocks this or a side mission?

It's a Campus upgrade. One of the earliest ones IIRC.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Doctor Nutt posted:

One of the campus characters is a doctor that sides as a barber.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Ah that's right, thanks. It looks like hair options got expanded a bit? Or maybe my memory is just that bad.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

If you made a new character since WONY came out, there are new head options that you can't access if your character was from launch.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

UnknownMercenary posted:

If you made a new character since WONY came out, there are new head options that you can't access if your character was from launch.

Yeah that must be it since I essentially started over on the Xbox. Cool. One more question: I found one of those hanging orange crates and shot it open and it said I got some stuff but it never showed up in inventory or apparel. Is that stuff that comes into play after I hit 30 or is it probably a bug or something?

Runaway Legs
Oct 11, 2012

Not a hat
Fun Shoe

Ygolonac posted:

Yeah, you can always just hang there and wait for someone to trigger 'em, then chase the fight, but I've had rogues wander off and despawn when (carefully) searching for 'em.

This is what's been happening to me. Nice to know that I'll just have to go pick a fight and hope they'll join. Searching and not finding any got annoying

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard
I did not dive too much into Division 2 mechanics, I am more casually farming with only SHD level 150 now and really started to play in the last season 4.

What I found interesting is that I straight jumped from playing hard and challenging only in groups to instant heroic with 3 directives after switching from my negotiators dilemma crit build to a skill build.
I found a capacitator and got the level 90 season exotic Waveform holster. This feels like cheating, because I added 3 empress brand items and 2 Hana U items.

My tier 6 drone and turret now are simply ripping even purple guys asunder and I only have 1 optimized+ recalibrated item with max roll on my empress set.

This skill build just made me keep up with 3 guys that had SHD levels 1000-3000 in the last heroic mission.I finished Summit floor 91 and 92 solo on heroic with directives despite being only SHD level 150 just to test my limits.

After watching some yt guides I realized I am still way behind max rolls and only got 1 of 9 items optimized, do there might be potential.

Any Goon Agents here that play skill builds? What’s the limit you can push? Could this even be a viable legendary solo build?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Mr.PayDay posted:

I did not dive too much into Division 2 mechanics, I am more casually farming with only SHD level 150 now and really started to play in the last season 4.

What I found interesting is that I straight jumped from playing hard and challenging only in groups to instant heroic with 3 directives after switching from my negotiators dilemma crit build to a skill build.
I found a capacitator and got the level 90 season exotic Waveform holster. This feels like cheating, because I added 3 empress brand items and 2 Hana U items.

My tier 6 drone and turret now are simply ripping even purple guys asunder and I only have 1 optimized+ recalibrated item with max roll on my empress set.

This skill build just made me keep up with 3 guys that had SHD levels 1000-3000 in the last heroic mission.I finished Summit floor 91 and 92 solo on heroic with directives despite being only SHD level 150 just to test my limits.

After watching some yt guides I realized I am still way behind max rolls and only got 1 of 9 items optimized, do there might be potential.

Any Goon Agents here that play skill builds? What’s the limit you can push? Could this even be a viable legendary solo build?

This is basically me as well. I call it my TV watching spec. If I'm feeling froggy I'll throw on a memento and play more aggressively but I've had very few problems doing anything on heroic.