Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
In my experience, unless a dog was aggressive from the get-go, then their boundaries were probably violated and there’s usually warning signs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

PeterCat posted:

That's why you shouldn't have big dogs in town.

post/username combo

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I don't get how someone over the age of 13 ends up getting bit outside of the dog being trained to outright attack. I've never seen a dog go from just placidly hanging out to biting, usually theres a lot of obvious warnings you're about to be bit.

There are some really bad dog owners out there though, and you don’t get to send dogs to school where they find out that their dog parents didn’t do a good job of raising them

Also I’ve seen your example that never happens a lot and lol that you’re blaming people for being attacked by untrained animals

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

facialimpediment posted:

k major's coming back, just needs a time-out (the unfamiliar person should get the time-out imo)

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1369364480090587141

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

In my experience, unless a dog was aggressive from the get-go, then their boundaries were probably violated and there’s usually warning signs.

That’s because a lot of people have Disney movie understandings of dogs and think that they should be gregarious, social and totally happy to have some unknown stranger up in their face whenever it suits them. A lot of fear based bites are reactions to unwanted stimuli and can be avoided by recognizing that dogs get stressed, anxious and nervous, and that their own boundaries need to be respected.

PeterCat posted:

:frogout:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

PeterCat posted:

Go to wrong opinions about dogs jail.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Big dogs aren't inherently more difficult than small ones in an urban setting. It's more dependent upon the temperament of the individual dog.

Many high energy dogs that need a lot of outdoor space and exercise are substantially smaller than a German Shepherd for example.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Piers Morgan fired after giant pissbaby meltdown on the air this morning when he walked off the show after the weather guy called him out for just being mad Megan Markle never called back after one date

https://twitter.com/DohaMadani/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Even going on one date with Piers Morgan is kinda damning IMO.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That Works posted:

Big dogs aren't inherently more difficult than small ones in an urban setting. It's more dependent upon the temperament of the individual dog.

Many high energy dogs that need a lot of outdoor space and exercise are substantially smaller than a German Shepherd for example.

And again, RESCUE. I can't stress enough that this is a major factor. That dog will have developed its own responses to situations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

lol forever that his last words as host were "You can trash me mate, but not on my own show"

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

shame on an IGA posted:

Piers Morgan fired after giant pissbaby meltdown on the air this morning when he walked off the show after the weather guy called him out for just being mad Megan Markle never called back after one date

https://twitter.com/DohaMadani/stat...ingawful.com%2F

You ever burn a guy so bad he gets fired? That weatherguy should retire now, he's never going to top that.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

PeterCat posted:

Dachshunds are the dog with the most bite reports and they are generally ~20lbs. Mine are 9lbs and my short haired will go for blood if you try to brush his teeth or cut his nails.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
im sorry some sociopath's dogs bit someone

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Defenestrategy posted:

Yea, I don't get how someone over the age of 13 ends up getting bit outside of the dog being trained to outright attack. I've never seen a dog go from just placidly hanging out to biting, usually theres a lot of obvious warnings you're about to be bit.

I got bit by a dog last week while riding my bike. It didn't notice I was behind the people walking it, saw me, jerked the leash out of the person's hand and did a grab and release on my calf.

How was that my fault?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lightpole posted:

Dachshunds are the dog with the most bite reports and they are generally ~20lbs. Mine are 9lbs and my short haired will go for blood if you try to brush his teeth or cut his nails.

Funny enough a dachshund is the only dog to bite me at work

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

A Bad Poster posted:

I got bit by a dog last week while riding my bike. It didn't notice I was behind the people walking it, saw me, jerked the leash out of the person's hand and did a grab and release on my calf.

How was that my fault?

Hell yes a new dumb derail to rival cop chat and why Hillary lost the election

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chow chow is the only thing that bit me and it was totally unprompted and without warning and a dog that I had been around often.

I know it's not always due to the breed but I'm never gonna be happy to be around one.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
It was I who am at fault for that bite, I secretly orchestrated the whole thing. There, issue settled.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

That Works posted:

Chow chow is the only thing that bit me and it was totally unprompted and without warning and a dog that I had been around often.

I know it's not always due to the breed but I'm never gonna be happy to be around one.

For a hot second I thought you meant Sgt ChowDown bit you and I was very confused.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

lightpole posted:

Yeah but how many dachshunds kill people every year?

I don't mind an aggressive dog if it's one I think I could take in a fight.

I do think cats are more honest though they only use people for their own purposes and otherwise show contempt to their staff.

PeterCat fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 9, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

A Bad Poster posted:

How was that my fault?

This is important: are you over 13?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Attention.

COCAINE BEAR.

https://twitter.com/screenqueenz/status/1369385197653868544?s=19

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/a...impression=true

COCAINE BEAR MOVIE.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

elizabeth banks

and

a cocaine bear

this I can get behind

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

How was that my fault?

I’m gonna cut right to what will surely be a multiple page derail’s conclusion and boldly state that you shouldn’t have been riding your bike on the sidewalk but also that if you had been armed then this wouldn’t have happened.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I’m gonna cut right to what will surely be a multiple page derail’s conclusion and boldly state that you shouldn’t have been riding your bike on the sidewalk but also that if you had been armed then this wouldn’t have happened.

This has become the intersection point of all possible worse derails.

Bike riding chat
Gun chat
Dog chat

Someone wanna add something to involve cops and hot dog toppings?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Even going on one date with Piers Morgan is kinda damning IMO.

Morgan seems like the type of dude who invites a female professional acquaintance to get a drink and surprise it's actually a creepy date.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

pantslesswithwolves posted:

For real. Velo Dog is obsolete, one should carry something like this in a handlebar holster:

Waste the dog and the owners and feel just like a cop on the beat.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

In the brief moments before it’s heart exploded, it was the apex predator on the planet.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Then they're gonna make a film about the Florida meth gators. The next year we get the Cocaine Beat vs Meth Gator cinematic crossover.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Defenestrategy posted:

This has become the intersection point of all possible worse derails.

Bike riding chat
Gun chat
Dog chat

Someone wanna add something to involve cops and hot dog toppings?

cop dogs are good dogs don't @ me

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
If the dog riding a bike on a treadmill, will a police aircraft still shoot it?

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Soylent Pudding posted:

Then they're gonna make a film about the Florida meth gators. The next year we get the Cocaine Beat vs Meth Gator cinematic crossover.

Better than the god drat MCU.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/TheAstuteGaloot/status/1369408197686099973

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

:drat:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

More like Cocaine Cub :chaostrump:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
my cocaine bear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OF8TSHN-JDA

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

cop dogs are good dogs don't @ me

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

https://twitter.com/ACLU/status/1369368898374615050?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Dogs kill about 40 people per year in the US, pitbulls accounting for about 33ish (all of this is on average).

For comparison, cows kill about 20 Americans per year.

Bees get close to 100.

The top of the list is deer with about 200 per year.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 10, 2021