Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

It seems kinda weird that that's a tap menu at all - I don't think anything would be lost if you had to long press to copy the url of an image.

I think I intentionally set all taps to bring up the menu and I really like the menu, but a long press menu would be a good compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

I think I intentionally set all taps to bring up the menu and I really like the menu, but a long press menu would be a good compromise.

The nice thing about this would be that it would eliminate the step I have where I long press the image every. loving. time. to bring up that menu and it never works.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

LastInLine posted:

The nice thing about this would be that it would eliminate the step I have where I long press the image every. loving. time. to bring up that menu and it never works.

Oh good. It's not just me.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
i seem to remember one of the devs saying it needed to be a tap for some reason? i would prefer it be long-press as well. maybe the "no image options when the image is in an anchor tag" problem could be corrected at the same time

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've used Awful for years but just now noticed I have no idea how to post a new thread or filter by post tags. Is either of these possible

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Empress Brosephine posted:

I've used Awful for years but just now noticed I have no idea how to post a new thread or filter by post tags. Is either of these possible

You can not make a new thread

I have never tried the other thing

Sassafras
Dec 24, 2004

by Athanatos

Empress Brosephine posted:

Someone actually snuck in a bit of a backdoor, I dunno whether it was server-side or in the app.

If you send a "private message" to "?forumid=219", for example, it'll post a new thread in that forum.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Awful.apk: now with backdoor shenanigans!

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam

Sassafras posted:

Someone actually snuck in a bit of a backdoor, I dunno whether it was server-side or in the app.

If you send a "private message" to "?forumid=219", for example, it'll post a new thread in that forum.

before you go crazy with this, please try it first with the test forum ?forumid=26

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

There haven't been any new threads in ages. Just repurposed and retitled megathreads.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

If you're dumb like me, you might don't know this, but if you long press a thread in your Bookmarks, you get a pop up menu with a nice list of options!

I literally just discovered this fact when I did a long press on a thread in an attempt to see the time and date of the last post in it. I was hoping it would work like when you tap the Username area of a post in a thread, and expand with that info.

It didn't, but I do like the other stuff it offers.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

I'm getting an issue where trying to view threads is causing a crash. I have tried an assortment of threads and all seem to cause an instant crash. Chrome and the app are up to date and have were updated well before the crashes started. This is on a Pixel 2.

Edit: Clearing my Chrome and Awful cache did not help.

Maigius fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Mar 22, 2021

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Maigius posted:

I'm getting an issue where trying to view threads is causing a crash. I have tried an assortment of threads and all seem to cause an instant crash. Chrome and the app are up to date and have were updated well before the crashes started. This is on a Pixel 2.

Android Web View?

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

LastInLine posted:

Android Web View?

It was updated around the same time as Chrome on March 12. It's currently version 89.0.4389.90.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Maigius posted:

Same here. Mine worked until sometime between 11:30am-3:30pm EST. I was browsing at lunch but it started doing the same thing yours is by the time school was out. The forums load and the unread post numbers are going up on threads, but as soon as I tap one, it closes.

Pixel 4xl if it matters.

Kirk Vikernes fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Mar 22, 2021

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Same here on an OG pixel

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

What's really weird is that it's not a full crash for me, more like the app goes into the background, but still seems to be running. It does sort of reopen if I go to it from the running apps menu, but it go back to the forum list. Can't view the thread either way. Other apps also seem to have similar issues, so this exact problem may just be me.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I can view threads just fine on a Pixel 5. So not a global issue, at least?

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Kirk Vikernes posted:

Same here. Mine worked until sometime between 11:30am-3:30pm EST. I was browsing at lunch but it started doing the same thing yours is by the time school was out. The forums load and the unread post numbers are going up on threads, but as soon as I tap one, it closes.

Pixel 4xl if it matters.

Having a similar issue where I can navigate the forums but not open threads. On an S20 with Android 11. I'm also having a similar issue with the "Out of Milk" app but their website it also down so not sure what all is related here. Restarting my phone doesn't help at all.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

gmail is doing it too, seems more widespread

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/1413423/Gmail-down-Android-app-crash-Google

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Haven't had a single problem all day, just lemme know what threads you guys want to read and I'll email you

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Here you go

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Yup, this just started happening to me ~10 minutes ago. I cleared Gmail's data and it seems to be behaving now.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

That worked fixed all my issues. Thanks.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Thanks!

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
A hotfix for Chrome and Webview has now been rolled out so if you're experiencing this issue just make sure those are fully up to date.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

Thanks, I was quickly running out of procrastination options at work.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Confirmed that this appears to have worked.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Maugrim posted:

A hotfix for Chrome and Webview has now been rolled out so if you're experiencing this issue just make sure those are fully up to date.

This worked fine. No need for uninstall/reboot shenanigans.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Just wanted to inform you that the version installed from Google Play crashes whenever I try to open a PM someone sent me. No other issues that I've noticed.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Cardiovorax posted:

Just wanted to inform you that the version installed from Google Play crashes whenever I try to open a PM someone sent me. No other issues that I've noticed.

Did you update Android system web view yet?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

xtal posted:

Did you update Android system web view yet?
Seems to no longer be an issue now that I've done so, thanks.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I'm also having random crashes on android . will try updating poo poo

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Idk whether this is just my system, but a mildly annoying experience I'm having:
1. Play media with sound in a thread (usually an embedded tweet or mp4)
2. Swipe right to return to bookmarks without pausing media. Sound from media is stopped
3. Use Android square button (? The app list one) to switch to another app, then again to switch back to Awful
Expected: bookmarks list, no audio
Actual: bookmarks list, audio from embedded media from previous thread

Also, would it be possible to not have bookmarks bump to the top of the list if the only new post is from someone I've ignored?

Ty for your hard work on this app I've wasted SO much time on it

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I love the app, but I hate switching the post font size. Is there anyway it could be a dial instead of a slider?

I'm mostly bouncing between 25 for daytime and 27 for when I go to bed without my specs, which is a pretty big difference imo. The slider in place is pretty finicky. As someone who uses it frequently it seems like too small a slider with too many variables.

Love the app to death besides that! For real!

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Have noticed that I am unable to download images through the app now. Have only noticed it with those hosted on imgur and reddit, but I long press on the image and the select download, nothing happens.

Currently on beta version 3.8.1.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

So did a restart of my phone and everything I tried to download through the app yesterday proceeded to download all at once.

Not sure what that was about but not having issues downloading images now.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Are tweet embeds broken for anyone else? The text works fine from them, but images sure don't:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Twitter embeds have been weird all week (movie ones failing to load in discord and other messenger apps), it's not an awful.apk thing as such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

They are slow to load for me, but eventually get there. As usual, I assume the blame for twitter behaving shittily is inherently related to twitter being lovely.