Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

cop dogs are good dogs don't @ me

Yup. Cop dogs don't choose their owners. Blame the owners, not the dogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

cop dogs are good dogs don't @ me

All dogs are good dogs

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Godholio posted:

Dogs kill about 40 people per year in the US, pitbulls accounting for about 33ish (all of this is on average).

For comparison, cows kill about 20 Americans per year.

Bees get close to 100.

The top of the list is deer with about 200 per year.

Does the deer statistic involve deer getting hit by cars? Seems a bit out of step with dogs and bees attacking people if so.

They're still hoofed forest rats and a menace that I'll gladly turn in to venison steaks either way.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Deer are a delicious menace

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Wasn't there some dude who ended up killing a buck that got in his daughter's house in hand to hand combat?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Naramyth posted:

Got my JnJ shot on Sunday. It laid me out for most of yesterday but I’m good now.

It’s interesting that the Janssen vaccine seems to do this to a lot of people whereas the mRNA vaccines commonly cause nothing but a sore arm on the first shot.

I wonder if it has to do with the adenovirus vector, that the body is acutely concerned about that in a way it isn’t about the mRNA and adjuvant.

Volkova III
Jan 5, 2021
The Pfizer shot screwed me up pretty badly for the rest of the day and the next morning. Fever, chills, whole-body muscle and joint aches, but especially the neck. Beats the hell out of the rona, though.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

Attention.

COCAINE BEAR.

http://www.youtubemultiplier.com/60481aa63e61b-cocaine-bear.php

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Wasn't there some dude who ended up killing a buck that got in his daughter's house in hand to hand combat?

Fought it hand to hand for 40min straight before sealing the deal :stare:

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna9896288

I thought it was WV, but apparently it was AR...in 2005 :v:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/kurogane/status/1369453958209626116

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1369447574101442569

Hard k heating gaming moment.

https://twitter.com/MainTeamSports/status/1369353805138178049

Incidentally, guess which one is Meyers Leonard:

https://twitter.com/AntOfWar4/status/1369359460838350851

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
lol @ his teammates’ hands

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

why the gently caress is a guy who makes $10,000,000/yr playing basketball even streaming in the first place

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shame on an IGA posted:

why the gently caress is a guy who makes $10,000,000/yr playing basketball even streaming in the first place

How else would he get the gamer words out of his system?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

bird food bathtub posted:

Does the deer statistic involve deer getting hit by cars? Seems a bit out of step with dogs and bees attacking people if so.

Yes, that is what’s being counted. Which is really more of a car accident cause of death rather than a deer attack cause of death.

Nearly a million Americans per year seek medical help after dog bites per year. About 30,000 get reconstructive surgery from dog attacks annually. About 1 in 73 people in the US get bitten bu a dog each year. Fortunately, most of those require no care beyond home first aid.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

shame on an IGA posted:

Streaming can pull those numbers in as well, Ninja was making $15 mil+ or something when Fortnight was big. Lando Norris streams as do many others. Its a different revenue stream, insurance if something happens at the day job and builds a following for retirement.

Having a large following also gives you commercial clout and athletes make most of their money through endorsements.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

McNally posted:

If the dog riding a bike on a treadmill, will a police aircraft still shoot it?

Only if you cook it with beans.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Those dogs are truly joe bitin's

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/salaam/status/1369364782902558724?s=21

Good!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

bird food bathtub posted:

They're still hoofed forest rats and a menace that I'll gladly turn in to venison steaks either way.

It does. I don't think we should discount them just because deer are almost as stupid as 2/3 of drivers.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Geese knock out about 1/30 of an AWACS per year, by average.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Geese knock out about 1/30 of an AWACS per year, by average.

I get what you're doing, I'm just not sure why.

Edit: And it's 1/49 now.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Godholio posted:

It does. I don't think we should discount them just because deer are almost as stupid as 2/3 of drivers.

“There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists.”

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Eh, if you start pointing out animals being present at point of industrial and transportation accidents, it just gets into a weird stats nightmare when comparing it to animal aggression. Might as well blame crabs for dead or maimed fishermen at sea.

Though if I could just magically know things, I wanna know how many people termites have killed indirectly.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
I was gonna say cows kill way more than 20 people a year if you factor in the effects of eating them.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
We shouldn’t exclude deer from the statistics. It is possible to decrease the death toll with things like hunting or the reintroduction of their natural predators.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hunting, population control, road design, automotive design, public transportation, yeah.

But slamming your car into the side of a deer isn’t really in the same category of incident as a dog biting you or your kid.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

mlmp08 posted:

Hunting, population control, road design, automotive design, public transportation, yeah.

But slamming your car into the side of a deer isn’t really in the same category of incident as a dog biting you or your kid.

I didn't realize we having a real discussion over whether dogs should be banned.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I was gonna say cows kill way more than 20 people a year if you factor in the effects of eating them.

Gonna wipe out even more people globally thanks to their farts

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

I didn't realize we having a real discussion over whether dogs should be banned.

We aren’t. At all.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
a cat is fine too

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Maybe they can learn...

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/1369464603198054402?s=21

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/kathbarbadoro/status/1369349137263689729?s=21

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

This remains the funniest bit of White House related pet media.

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/cspan-buddys-memorial-service-cold-open/2860788

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

This is actually a huge bigly deal. Free school lunches (and breakfast)are often the only reliable meals for something like 25-33% of the school aged population and its usually not available during summertime. Ideally during the next budget bill free breakfast and lunch year round for any child can make its way into it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Oh I thought you just got a free kid to eat if needed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Being able to get reliable meals at school is one of the most impactful things you can do for a child (ask me how I know 😑) and failure to do so is about as far from pro-life as I can think.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I hope they start doing the free meal thing for kids ALL the time. I wonder if it's even much money when compared to the 1.6 (or 9?) Trillion they just approved. I bet that bill could fund meals for years at that dollar amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

ASAPI posted:

I hope they start doing the free meal thing for kids ALL the time. I wonder if it's even much money when compared to the 1.6 (or 9?) Trillion they just approved. I bet that bill could fund meals for years at that dollar amount.
Please, this is America, we have to means test lest the dread Welfare Queen suckle too long on the teat of our meagre generosity and be disincentivized from participating in the machinery of capital.

Less cynically, not sure if it's national or not, but I live near some school districts that have hit a threshold where the entire district just does free lunch for everyone. Still means testing, but at least it's in the aggregate and doesn't involve individual families having to prove that they're poor enough to get free lunch. There's also no goddamn reason anyone should be hungry in this country [insert one of several quotes from Grapes of Wrath here].