Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

thank goodness c-webb is finally getting in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Before a team can take a three they must search the stadium for a hidden three token

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

also don't limit three pointers that's stupid; jumpers are gonna be in the game no matter what so they might as well be long ones

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

Hand Knit posted:

https://twitter.com/dylanlscott/status/1369380093538271237

A big thank you to whomever of you described me as a "long time league power broker."

Make dunks 3 points...problem solved

While we're at it, bring back taunting so we can get nasty back-at-you dunks as well.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

euphronius posted:

Before a team can take a three they must search the stadium for a hidden three token

How about you have some guys playing the game as normal. But each team has a person who searches for this token independent of the game going on. A "seeker" if you may. These "seekers" go out and search for this token, or possibly something round and gold.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
3 point multiplier in which each successive 3 adds a point to the shot, i.e. the first three is worth 3 points, second is 4, third is 5 and so on

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Put microchips on the players and award each jump shot points directly corresponding to how far away from the basket they are.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

A big thank you to whomever of you described me as a "long time league power broker."

so I often do drugs and come up with stupid ideas on how to make sports less entertaining and more unwatchable, where do I go to convert this into Power and Money, mostly Money?

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

This is the worst rule change idea I've ever seen in any sport

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
If you really want to re-encourage post play, bring back the pre Mikan key

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
To add a new dynamic to the game, once a team has scored 100 points they are no longer allowed to shoot at the basket. However, their shot clock is also removed and replaced with a limit of 8 seconds for any one player handling the ball without passing.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

To add a new dynamic to the game, once a team has scored 100 points they are no longer allowed to shoot at the basket. However, their shot clock is also removed and replaced with a limit of 8 seconds for any one player handling the ball without passing.

What happens if two teams tie at 100

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

What happens if two teams tie at 100

One team better connive the other team into fouling them.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Hand Knit posted:

Can you do a reverse dunk since you're not pointed at the basket?

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the diameter of the rim is 18 inches and a basketball is a mere 9.5 inches so it seems that we have lots of room for improvement

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/shamscharania/status/1369447574101442569?s=21

I didn’t know I couldn’t do that

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Lol "I didn't know the history behind the word" :fuckoff:

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.

Gorman Thomas posted:

I want FaZe Clan to cover, I want FaZe Clan at halftime, I want Leonard on KDR and antiquated anti-semitic slurs.

Straight from the Ethiopian Jewish tribe. I mean this is old-school, Middle-earth poo poo.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

each basket is captured and sold as an NFT on the blockchain and the point value is determined by The Market.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

How, exactly, does one learn the word "kike" without knowing what it means?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

How, exactly, does one learn the word "kike" without knowing what it means?

Gaming and not knowing any Jews.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
This is actually smart. He's going with the rarely used "I'm so loving stupid I didn't even know what I was saying" angle.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
He is extremely stupid

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Declan MacManus posted:

also don't limit three pointers that's stupid; jumpers are gonna be in the game no matter what so they might as well be long ones

Make it so you can't screen at or beyond the 3pt line in half-court offense. Let them create their own space for 3s.

e: or have a designated 3pt shooter on the floor and only their 3s count for 3

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Henchman of Santa posted:

Gaming and not knowing any Jews.

Somehow I don't find the "I'm sorry my social group uses the word all the time" defence very persuasive.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1369442436494266372?s=19

the athletic framing this with a picture of him cos playing as bret the hitman hart justifies the entire existence of that website

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kibner posted:

Make it so you can't screen at or beyond the 3pt line in half-court offense. Let them create their own space for 3s.

or you must have 3 offensive players within the arc once the ball crosses half court. if the defense fouls you get to put a third guy on the perimeter.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Kibner posted:

I love this idea but I’m conflicted because I enjoy watching unexpected hard screens on players doing a full court press.

Edit: I just realized I misread your post. This rule just for half court offenses would own.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MourningView posted:

https://twitter.com/TheAthletic/status/1369442436494266372?s=19

the athletic framing this with a picture of him cos playing as bret the hitman hart justifies the entire existence of that website

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1369454377262592000?s=21

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Declan MacManus posted:

thank goodness c-webb is finally getting in

Is he or can he still miss as a finalist?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

R.D. Mangles posted:

each basket is captured and sold as an NFT on the blockchain and the point value is determined by The Market.

Using three intercontinental flights worth of carbon to make a Denzel Valentine floater worth 3 points

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Past the age of 12, if you use that word you know exactly what it means and you use it in that context.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Remove the three point line and place stickers on the floor that indicate a small three point shooting zone. A player must have at least one foot on the sticker when he jumps into his shot in order to get the points. Also, let teams place the stickers wherever they want as a form of homecourt advantage.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

should have gone with the Costanza Defense.

i was waiting for the i didn't know it was a slur i thought it was a Rude Gaming Word defense.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006

Let's talk Football.
Absolutely love people showing their asses online with the "this is how people talk playing video games, everyones too sensitive."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

sorry meyers, but as a member of the Jewish Community, I have determined that you need to spend then next 4 years spending three times a week learning how to chant Torah portions from a severe, purple-haired woman named Gveret Pearlmutter in order to understand the pain of the Jewish People.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
The way he paused before breech-loading the k-slur into the moron shotgun tells you all you need to know

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

sorry meyers, but as a member of the Jewish Community, I have determined that you need to spend then next 4 years spending three times a week learning how to chant Torah portions from a severe, purple-haired woman named Gveret Pearlmutter in order to understand the pain of the Jewish People.

send him the tapes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

He needs to eat 50 pizzas in 30 days and take a 20 month crash course in removing that work from his vocabulary.