Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
This has been fixed already, but good job nbc sports.

https://twitter.com/JoshhTerry/status/1369394513261830145

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Like I said in the other thread, it’s an article defending him so they are probably fine with it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The Lords needed to hear expert testimony from a cyber-age techno-bigot, with the Mumsnet emojicons and the Facetweets

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

??

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Imagine one ball on the edge of a cliff

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Bugsy posted:

This has been fixed already, but good job nbc sports.

https://twitter.com/JoshhTerry/status/1369394513261830145

He’s an NBA player!? So he double hosed himself?? Amazing!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s now been censored and weirdly the paragraph underneath is missing now. How strange.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

i've been lowkey trying to convince terrible people that minimum wage hikes are good because employees you have a problem with would be less able to use "i don't get paid enough to give a poo poo" as an excuse

like, you would look like less of an rear end in a top hat getting mad at someone working at burger king over a minor mistake if everyone knew they weren't being paid slave wages anymore

you'd still be an rear end in a top hat, which you shouldn't be, but my line of thought is that assholes would love any justification to continue being an rear end in a top hat they can get and if we can get the minimum wage raised at the same time then let's do it

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

how dare you even compare this dickhead to johnny fiveaces :mad:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Boywhiz88 posted:

He’s an NBA player!? So he double hosed himself?? Amazing!

I imagine that's why he used an anti-sematic slur rather than the anti-black slur. There's a very noticeable pause before "kike" like he was considering what slur to use.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Sunswipe posted:

gently caress's sake, why the hell would anyone want to hear from this dickhead? I presume the next testimony the Lords hear will begin "im permabanned poster niggerstomper58..."
Why is he speaking to parliament at all? Are there a bunch of testimonies about something, or did he just stop by to complain?

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Facebook Aunt posted:

I imagine that's why he used an anti-sematic slur rather than the anti-black slur. There's a very noticeable pause before "kike" like he was considering what slur to use.

Imagine one of those roulette wheels that streamers use to choose a follower to reward/ban but instead it's the list of slurs known to Leonard.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

nurmie posted:

how dare you even compare this dickhead to johnny fiveaces :mad:

Nurmie, please. He had a family. Then his wife left his TERF rear end.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hyperhazard posted:

Why is he speaking to parliament at all? Are there a bunch of testimonies about something, or did he just stop by to complain?

There's some bill in parliament that would drastically affect trans people's rights, some rear end in a top hat in the House of Lords probably called him thinking he'd be able to speak convincingly on why trans people should have fewer.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

There's some bill in parliament that would drastically affect trans people's rights, some rear end in a top hat in the House of Lords probably called him thinking he'd be able to speak convincingly on why trans people should have fewer.

He probably blames the failure of his marriage on trans people. Like there's some weird conspiracy in the Trans Agenda to gently caress with him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

RoboRodent posted:

He probably blames the failure of his marriage on trans people. Like there's some weird conspiracy in the Trans Agenda to gently caress with him.

If there isn't, there should be

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Danaru posted:

If there isn't, there should be

He's earned at least a special bullet point in the list of demands.

* affordable and achievable medical transition
    * legal protection from discrimination
    * Graham Linehan may never experience joy
    * a new puppy

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I think the hearing was actually supposed to be about social media and the rules around it, so they got in two people (him and one Helen Staniland, who I only know from these TERF arguments) who know all about being banned. Turns out neither of them could shut up talking about penises for two seconds together and had to be repeatedly told to stay on topic, and that they weren't getting their Twitter accounts back.

I think Linehan may also have insinuated that the reason he keeps getting banned is that there are a disproportionately high number of trans people working in tech. Like the Jews in banking myth, only this time it's totally for real! :byodood:

Jollity Farm has a new favorite as of 01:53 on Mar 10, 2021

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Jollity Farm posted:

I think the hearing was actually supposed to be about social media and the rules around it, so they got in two people (him and one Helen Staniland, who I only know from these TERF arguments) who know all about being banned. Turns out neither of them could shut up talking about penises for two seconds together and had to be repeatedly told to stay on topic, and that they weren't getting their Twitter accounts back.

I think Linehan may also have insinuated that the reason he keeps getting banned is that there are a disproportionately high number of trans people working in tech. Like the Jews in banking myth, only this time it's totally for real!
They should invite Laura Loomer next.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If she can find a lord who knows who she is and hang around the palace of westminster long enough she probably could get summoned.

Though if she tries to handcuff herself to the door I think the met will just shoot her.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

sugar mouse posted:

They're all still very angry here.

No comment on the boring celebrity stuff, but should have used flat color to paint the ceiling, IMO.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Some random indie makeup brand apparently thought this was a good idea. Here's the palette...doesn't look too bad, right?

Now what do you think the shade names might be?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I have information about Chiari Malformation's presence on the colour spectrum that may surprise you

Splicer has a new favorite as of 02:16 on Mar 10, 2021

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

While that is bad on many levels the thing that strikes me is that I am wondering how you survive suicide.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Read After Burning posted:

Some random indie makeup brand apparently thought this was a good idea. Here's the palette...doesn't look too bad, right?

Oh, that's a nice thought- oh no, no, maybe don't do that, no, bad execution, why

OwlFancier posted:

While that is bad on many levels the thing that strikes me is that I am wondering how you survive suicide.

Fail because it was a cry for help/someone found you in time/etc. Or someone close to them committed suicide, I have actually heard that referred to as "suicide survivors" because the English language isn't terribly precise.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Ah, green, the color famously associated with depression

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

Fail because it was a cry for help/someone found you in time/etc. Or someone close to them committed suicide, I have actually heard that referred to as "suicide survivors" because the English language isn't terribly precise.

I guess, it just seemed slightly out of place compared to all the other things that you can, technically, not die of.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Midnight Voyager posted:

Or someone close to them committed suicide, I have actually heard that referred to as "suicide survivors" because the English language isn't terribly precise.
It's this one for messy reasons I don't think it's appropriate for me to elaborate on in a thread I've spent two days shitposting about optics terminology in. Suicide hits your loved ones different.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Imagining a makeup Youtuber going "Gonna blend some Breast Cancer into my crease, and I'm really excited to dip into Child Abuse..."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

My friend suggested the colors are ripped straight from awareness ribbons, which would make sense and also explain why they're so... that.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
That palette looks like something Mimi from Drew Carey would use.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

marshmallow creep posted:

I cannot get over how improbably ugly Graham Linehan is. Like a ball of playdough someone squeezed in their hand and then haphazardly added Potatohead parts to before jamming it atop his neck.

I think that's why he's always pulling "wacky" faces in staged photos, to hide just how loving weird he really looks. No joke, when I first saw that picture, I assumed it was a photoshop made to mock him. Rather than something God made to mock him.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

That palette looks like something Mimi from Drew Carey would use.

Both the names and the colors.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

I think that's why he's always pulling "wacky" faces in staged photos, to hide just how loving weird he really looks. No joke, when I first saw that picture, I assumed it was a photoshop made to mock him. Rather than something God made to mock him.

i normally hate cartoon avatars but for him I guess thats a step up.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Read After Burning posted:

IF they were going to do something this dumb they should have made the colors make more sense

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

“Wow I love that eye shadow, what shade is that?”
“Thanks, it’s child abuse!”

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

PetraCore posted:

My friend suggested the colors are ripped straight from awareness ribbons, which would make sense and also explain why they're so... that.

It makes sense but it's also something you'd consider for about 10 seconds and then reject because it's an obviously terrible idea. Who approved this?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

They're the awareness ribbon colors

https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/ribbons.php

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

According to my friends who are more into makeup the company that makes that palette does this sort of tone deaf thing a lot, including a palette for Pride that included such gems as 'ally', 'unicorn', and 'bicurious'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Funzo posted:

“Wow I love that eye shadow, what shade is that?”
“Thanks, it’s child abuse!”

The shadow that lasts your whole life!