Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Voldy teleports an artificial nutrient paste directly into his stomach. He then just shits it out on the floor because as a wizard supremacist he believes the switch to toilets was "cultural mugglism". The real reason Lucius Malfoy was so uncomfortable with him in the house was that he wouldn't stop making GBS threads everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junkozeyne
Feb 13, 2012

Having a theme party revolving around wizard nazis like extremely normal people

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

with a funco pop cake topper a++

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
So SyFy has a Harry Potter and you know I'd watch a movie about Luna Lovegood and her husband, Wizard Steve Irwin. Every scene with her is just delightful.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/status/1366743065663266828

Sounds like good news but there's always the chance that Rowling could get them to walk it back.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
listening to the shrieking shack while reading the fanfic(s) that actually address some of the enormous thematic holes in the books is very funny

the shrieking shack: how the gently caress does nobody know tom riddle is voldemort???

the work "the prince of slytherin": he put a fidelius charm on his own name

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Fun fact: in the Icelandic books, his name is Trevor Delgome (Eg er Voldemort).

Which makes him the hero of the story, because the tricks that he does are ever so clever. :v:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Fun fact from the most recent podcast: the randos that come to fight for Harry's side aren't regular wizards, they're specifically the shopkeepers and homeowners of Hogsmeade. Renters? Nope. Cashiers? Line cooks? Servers? Stockers? Nope.

It's as if JK's trying to tell us that the common wizards of the world give no shits about the posh civil war.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

muscles like this! posted:

Sounds like good news but there's always the chance that Rowling could get them to walk it back.

I hope I'm wrong but I think there's no say this happens, that would be an incredible gently caress you to Rowling though

halokiller posted:

Luckily Rowling doesn't give a poo poo about animation because Little Witch Academia is a much better Harry Potter.

:yeah: LWA owns

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Good news about the Harry Potter game, the Gamergate dev is quitting after all the backlash.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Good news about the Harry Potter game, the Gamergate dev is quitting after all the backlash.

And he'll be releasing a definitely objective and informative video about it on his YouTube channel! I'm sure this won't help him monetize "cancel culture" outrage and gradually become yet another provocateur/grifter.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JethroMcB posted:

And he'll be releasing a definitely objective and informative video about it on his YouTube channel! I'm sure this won't help him monetize "cancel culture" outrage and gradually become yet another provocateur/grifter.

It's Okay To Be A Slytherin Gamer

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cyberpunk said it was going to allow you to make a trans character too and it ended up just being an option of choosing between a cut dick, an uncut dick, a slightly bigger dick, or a vagina. So I'm skeptical.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

How come JK Rowling doesn’t know how housing numbers work?

I thought that maybe it was just a regional difference. But nope, UK also does evens on one side and odds on the other too.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

IIRC it's a square cul-de-sac with a park in the middle, places like that are often numbered in order around the edge.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so how do you think the wizarding world is handling brexit?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jazerus posted:

so how do you think the wizarding world is handling brexit?

As established they are already an international pariah state so probably cheering it on as muggle britain joins them.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

furthermore, do you think the wizards told bojo about the ministry of magic

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I assume Bojo learned about it when a child he is the father of that he wasn't aware of found it and the ministry tried to return it to him.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Wizards don't care about the arbitrary political boundaries of muggle governments any more than pet owners respect the territorial markers left by their pets.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
JK pointedly left out the scenes where Seamus and Ron got into it about NI

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
When they Brexited the british wizards revealed themselves but only to other British people and they're planning a second British empire. Hire me WB.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ah yes, the Irish Republican Alchemists

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
How did Hagrid dad have sex with a giant? Please respond with answers

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Slowly

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Very carefully

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
It was more a spelunking expedition.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Stepladder.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Fanfiction.net lists hundreds of ways.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I think he crawled inside and fertilized her eggs like a fish.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

32 gallons of hagrids cum and the worlds largest turkey baster.

Which is coincidentally the name of my new HP fanfic.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

32 gallons of hagrids cum and the worlds largest turkey baster.

New thread title

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
I gotta be sliiiiiightly more drunk for that one.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Turns out giants, like most non-human Great Apes, have hilariously small penises proportional to their body size compared to humans.

Hagrid had a rough time in Hogwarts as a third year once this information got out.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I’ll always have a lot of nostalgia for this series. At least half the movies were great fun and the books are a wonderful read. My second grade teacher read the first one to our class before the series had really taken off so it was quite something to watch it grow into this world encompassing franchise over the years. And tragic to watch the creator own herself repeatedly in Graham Linehan esque fashion. It’s almost a gift that everything Wizarding World since then has been underwhelming or straight up bad.

It also introduced me to this amazing illustrator. I recently commissioned a book cover from him for my own fantasy novel and his work is absolutely the tops.

https://mobile.twitter.com/wizardingworld/status/1259475663582572545

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

so is anyone else in the "hated the sixth book, loved the sixth movie" camp?

it's honestly the only film in the whole series that i think holds up outside the perspective of a megafan and/or child. michael gambon was obviously cast specifically to be HBP-dumbledore, which he does a fantastic job of unlike his total botching of the still-mostly-whimsical dumbledore of 3-5. daniel radcliffe is obviously having a blast. and the dude who played slughorn just nailed it. i don't think any of the other films really captured the spirit of the books in the same way, they were too busy shuttling around between plot points to do school life stuff. but HBP is allll school life, and it makes for a very light-hearted fun ride.

except in the book, the emotional tenor is just bleak and mean and sucks all of the fun out of everything. harry is terrible, hermione is suddenly really terrible, and ron is...there. i guess he's fine and having a good time playing quidditch and poo poo.

i think reading HBP was the first time i realized that rowling was planning to drive the series straight into the ground at the end and deathly hallows was just a sad confirmation that she had no idea how the gently caress to end the thing

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

I remember the sixth movie being a huge step up from the fifth, though 5 did have a pretty cool fight at the end. Can’t remember enough of the books prose the compare the two though.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
The 6th book has Roonil Wazlib which is probably the best joke in the series.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The 6th movie streamlines stupid plot bullshit to fit it all and adds more character-building social life for the characters.

Jo could learn from them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The 6th movie does recast Lavender as a white girl as soon as she has to make out with one of the leads which is pretty hosed. No telling if Jo had any part of either the original or recasting tho.