Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

naem posted:

can you pick which goat to eat like a lobster tank

They don't do lobster tanks anymore do they?
At least, I don't think I've seen one anywhere in at LEAST 15 years or so.

I'd like to think it's an animal cruelty thing, but I'm guessing they just weren't profitable? Or maybe they're still extant in parts of the country that I'm not in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

How does a lobster tank eat, anyway?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

I'd like to think it's an animal cruelty thing, but I'm guessing they just weren't profitable? Or maybe they're still extant in parts of the country that I'm not in?

I mean every Red Lobster still has one. It isn't a big novelty any more.

I know a place with a lobster CLAW GAME where you put in $1 or something and if you can get a lobster they will cook it for your dinner

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Bloop posted:

I know a place with a lobster CLAW GAME where you put in $1 or something and if you can get a lobster they will cook it for your dinner

Well no, I mean like every grocery store used to have them not just a 'pick your lobster and then we'll cook it for you' type place.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Weka posted:

How do you catch crabs on a line?

This except mine is really short only 20 feet specifically made for the area I go to. Its way simpler than this so I can use it from the shore, instead of needing a rowboat. They are legal in MD with a cheap permit and I should probably just get a crab pot already lol. But yeah its a crab noose.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Big Beef City posted:

Well no, I mean like every grocery store used to have them not just a 'pick your lobster and then we'll cook it for you' type place.

Yeah that used to be a lot more common, but I think it probably turned out to be an unprofitable fad. I can't remember the last time I saw that at a regular grocery store either

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This except mine is really short only 20 feet specifically made for the area I go to. Its way simpler than this so I can use it from the shore, instead of needing a rowboat. They are legal in MD with a cheap permit and I should probably just get a crab pot already lol. But yeah its a crab noose.

I've only heard the word SNOOD to refer to a beard hair net

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

The Bloop posted:

I've only heard the word SNOOD to refer to a beard hair net

i guess its all the same root word that means rope or to twist, its also the weird floppy thing turkeys have on their head lol I dunno

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
PHIL? PHIL CONNORS?

FROM SISTER BAY? IN DOOR COUNTY?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

This is cool as hell, I'm into weird fishing like dip-netting for smelt and stuff so this'd be RIGHT up my alley, I love it.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

The Bloop posted:

Yeah that used to be a lot more common, but I think it probably turned out to be an unprofitable fad. I can't remember the last time I saw that at a regular grocery store either

Pretty sure the H-Mart (Korean-American grocery chain) near me has one. Fish tanks, too.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Big Beef City posted:

I think it was a little more recently than that? But I definitely haven't seen one in ages, I was thinking about that recently. I can remember distinctly the last time I saw one, at a Kroger in 2009. I moved somewhere then and never saw one again.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My stop n shop still has one that appears well-maintained so I’m assuming people still buy lobsters from it but I’ve never, not even once, in the 10 years I’ve lived in this town, seen someone purchase a lobster from it.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

its all nice on rice posted:

Pretty sure the H-Mart (Korean-American grocery chain) near me has one. Fish tanks, too.

The h mart near me has loose crayfish in a bin, there's usually one wandering wandering the store

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The h mart near me has loose crayfish in a bin, there's usually one wandering wandering the store

H-Mart doesn't discriminate. If the crayfish has the cash, it can buy some fermented bean paste just like anybody else.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
theres an Asian food store in Chinatown in Philly that sells live turtles

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I too remember the days of the fish tanks and also that trough that's full of blue crabs crawling over each other. I figure it's expensive to maintain and that Americans aren't big into seafood much less live ones. The only live seafood I've seen non-asian grocery stores sell nowadays is crawfish (though that's more of a thing near the Gulf)

halokiller fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 10, 2021

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

You guys wanted some lobstah?

They got tanks of it:

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Ooooooh the place with the goats on the roof! Why didn't you say so?!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I just realized I never had lobster.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Deeters posted:

They got tanks of it:

I love this place. Used to go a few times a year when we lived in NH.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Blue crabs > lobsters.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Taeke posted:

I just realized I never had lobster.

It's ok.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Time hasn’t been kind to Bam Margera

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
He's gotta turn into his dad at some point.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The Bloop posted:

I first saw these machines in Japan in 2000. I thought it was clever and horrifying at the same time.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

I'm more of a crawfish man myself.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

halokiller posted:

where's the bucket for the empties

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Nice trough I guess

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CPL593H posted:

Why does it look like one of those stores that sells 500 dollar sneakers and only has six things in stock at all times?

Because it's probably insanely overpriced and I'm glad of it because it's for grown loving babies who can't go a day or two enjoying the delicious local food and instead need their cheetos and fruity pebbles

Collapsing Farts posted:

As a Swede, this confuses me greatly

Goats are cool though I guess

Why does it confuse you? There're tons of houses with grass and sod on top in Sweden, at least in my brief experience. I even randomly stumbled across a few just walking around.

I mean, I suppose the goats are different but it doesn't seem like a huge leap

Big Beef City posted:

This is cool as hell, I'm into weird fishing like dip-netting for smelt and stuff so this'd be RIGHT up my alley, I love it.

Back in the day I used to own a few super basic crab traps that were designed to be dropped off piers. A few concentric circles of metal with netting in between where you put the bait. It's super easy, you just put the bait in it, drop it to the very bottom, wait for the right amount of time and if there are a decent number of crabs around when you pull it up they'll get trapped in the net and you have a delicious meal to share with friends.

Probably a little cheaper and easier, overall. Of course you still need a good place to drop em.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

halokiller posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3znjrgMIts

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p_QW_HsKPI

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sweating just looking at it

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

sweating just looking at it

horny for the mounds again? classic milo and potus

feller
Jul 5, 2006

mounds of clam

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

My stop n shop still has one that appears well-maintained so I’m assuming people still buy lobsters from it but I’ve never, not even once, in the 10 years I’ve lived in this town, seen someone purchase a lobster from it.

This is almost exactly word for word true for me as well lol

I don't think my big y or shop rite have them

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

TotalLossBrain posted:

Nice trough I guess

Eh no ranch hose

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.

why is he so sweaty

why are the lights off

where is everyone else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Deeters posted:

They got tanks of it:

God I loving miss Newicks