Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: BAGS FLY AT NOON)
Are you a rad suburban dad
No im a city slicker
yes i am a rad suburban dad
goku
Derpies Tuglord
View Results

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home

Derpies posted:

Can we take a moment to pour out one of our homebrews we swear we are gonna make this week to the ultimate suburban dad, Daddy Pig.

Our Hero, Our Savior, Our Charlemagne

This pig, without exaggeration, is me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
House across the street just went up for sale, getting some opinions about all the people parking in front of my house to go look at it.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Full Metal Jackass posted:

This pig, without exaggeration, is me.

No sir, this man is not Daddy Pig

I am Daddy Pig.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Here is my suburban dad rig will update op in a bit too with it

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Derpies posted:

that's a beautiful rig, but on your head be the consequences. you know how much that rig would fetch on the black market?

well, neither do I but it's probably a lot!!

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Hey guys I know this is a long shot but anyone has any opinions on what brand of tires I should get for my Explorer now that it’s time to rotate off winter tires?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I don't even know why I bothered with winter tires this year. 'Aint nobody going nowhere.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

my father in law, who's the most suburban and dadliest suburban dad to ever live in the suburbs, is concerned about the state of my tire treads and warned of the black ice driving over the pass on highway 18

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

Looks like you’re running low on charcoal

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
By the way, I said I was gonna post my rig today but that’ll be tomorrow. It’s supposed to be nicer than today so held off on the outside cookery for a day.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Looks like you’re running low on charcoal

that grill cover could use a wash, too. not that I'm trying to tell a man his craft, you understand

-yelled at the top of my lungs over the adjoining fence unprompted

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

I don't cover the grill or smoker. Years of rain and sun gives em charm.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

*suppressing shivers with gritted teeth in 54 degree weather while wearing khaki shorts*
Great..... great day to grill some ribs, eh?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Play posted:

that grill cover could use a wash, too. not that I'm trying to tell a man his craft, you understand

Wash....

...the cover...?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Son, ya don't clean out a perfectly good BBQ. What the hell do you think the fire is for?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

I don't cover the grill or smoker. Years of rain and sun gives em charm.

The wife covers it, got me the grill as a father's day present and doesn't understand a rusted petina makes everything taste better

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Play posted:

Last time I cleaned the smoker out I had to use engine degreaser. Took me half a day and I wasn't that much cleaner in the end tbh, and now all my food tastes vaguely like a 1967 Camero

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

So, I’m a trailer park dad but I have a bass guitar:

And this thing:

So I can like, play bass with my feet while playing bass guitar at the same time. Do I qualify? Also I drink a poo poo ton of Lone Star and grill on a charcoal pit that my grandparents received as a wedding gift in 1950.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bulgaroctonus posted:

And this thing:

So I can like, play bass with my feet while playing bass guitar at the same time. Do I qualify? Also I drink a poo poo ton of Lone Star and grill on a charcoal pit that my grandparents received as a wedding gift in 1950.

I’ll allow it

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Bulgaroctonus posted:

And this thing:

Trailer parks can be located within suburbs.

My only question is are you within ten miles of a chipotle/panera/etc.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hasn’t rained in a few days, had to water the hibiscus. Went ahead and sprayed out the bed of my work truck since the hose was out anyway.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Hmm good weather this weekend gonna spend five hours detailing my mid model subaru outback.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Hmm, plants I planted last year all probably died due to Texas icestorm, but going to try and bring them back anyway. Also the irrigation system is just bubbling and flooding the lawn now. Sound like a good weekend project for me, should only take a couple hours.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Hmm, plants I planted last year all probably died due to Texas icestorm, but going to try and bring them back anyway. Also the irrigation system is just bubbling and flooding the lawn now. Sound like a good weekend project for me, should only take a couple hours.

My rosemary, all gone 😭

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

take me you ANIMAL posted:

Redo the irrigation? Good idea. Let me add it to the three dozen other half finished projects cluttering up my house that I though I could get done in a weekend and am missing vital parts for this Saturday.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Rig postin’

Bonus fire pit we put in last summer

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

Nice fire pit, good dog, solid tiles. But let’s get that white fence up to suburban dad standards, bub

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

poisonpill posted:

Nice fire pit, good dog, solid tiles. But let’s get that white fence up to suburban dad standards, bub

I am sure the fence is on the dad list of projects so no harm no foul!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Get a solder sucker and tin those tips.

Managed to do it! I thought I cooked the board because of one stubborn part but the power switch works and I have an amp again. Saved money on taking it somewhere to be repaired or replacing it.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

poisonpill posted:

Lol that fence was there when we moved in 5 years ago and I’ve done literally nothing with it other than confirm with the guy that owns the abandoned house next door that it’s not his.

I hate the 1963 original patio tiles but replacing em ain’t in the budget yet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Wash....

...the cover...?

Society already judges our suburban dads so harshly, so I won't say a thing more about it

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Play posted:

Society already judges our suburban dads so harshly, so I won't say a thing more about it

We really should organize and become a protected class

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Derpies posted:

We really should organize and become a protected class

Nobody ever thinks of us white middle aged men

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Nobody ever thinks of us white middle aged men

You could say we are a large portion of the population that is remaining silent.

Excuse me while I rev my boatley davidson boat motor bike combo hooked to my RV covered in flags.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
gentlemen, please accept my resignation from your club. i do not care to associate with anybody.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

I can tell when the wife has taken my car when I start it up and the radio station isn't on sports talk.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Yep, just finished putting up the new lights, a bulb was getting kinda janky in a "blinking like a haunted street" kind of eay and the wires had to be replaced, a full 30 cms and one light bulb, took me about 4 hours.
Time to relax, grab a beer and do absolutely nothing else around the house for the next week.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Gotta ask Dan across the way to help build this swing set. Wife refuses to lift a Satan-bless finger.

I can tell when the wife has taken my car when I start it up and the radio station isn't on sports talk.

Why's the wife leaving the house? Nothing out here for her, amirite? Heheheheh

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Having a company replace my cracked washer lid, only because it's under warranty or I'd do it myself. Better stand in the tiny laundry room and watch the guy work the entire time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

youre dick
Jan 29, 2019

dee eight posted:

gentlemen, please accept my resignation from your club. i do not care to associate with anybody.

you fit right in