Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOCRZfdeEAQ

I'm fairly sure there are more efficient methods of torture than going up and down in an elevator.

Not when you're in there with people you don't want to talk to and/or those who make it awkward. Or heavy farters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Are you telling me Ascendant wasn’t one of the subtitles for that Shailene Woodley YA series??

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Eggnogium posted:

Are you telling me Ascendant wasn’t one of the subtitles for that Shailene Woodley YA series??

It was. It was the title for the TV movie that was gonna wrap up the series after the rest of the movies tanked, but it was cancelled. This has nothing to do with that one

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

aware of dog posted:

It was. It was the title for the TV movie that was gonna wrap up the series after the rest of the movies tanked, but it was cancelled. This has nothing to do with that one

Amazing, I honestly had no idea and was just riffing because it sounded like one.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOCRZfdeEAQ

I'm fairly sure there are more efficient methods of torture than going up and down in an elevator.

I mean, why bother seeing it in theaters since they just showed the whole movie in the trailer.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

CelticPredator posted:

It was supposed to be Ripley and Newt. I’m not kidding

:what: that's even dumber than most of the rest of the movie. They should have gone with it

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/_CharlesMurphy/status/1369669665983770636

Guess we'll be finding out if Robert Zombie can do comedy.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
the part of eddie munster will be played by his wife

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

MrBling posted:

El Superbeasto would indicate "no"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I for one can’t wait to see the inevitably disgusting Arizona white trash versions of The Munsters.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
New Cool Cat movie is about to drop, get hype!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKpAv7gygrM

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Cool Cat will save 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

MrBling posted:

Finally, Rob Zombie and actual Dragula car

conquering the worm

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

MrBling posted:

I thought his Werewolf Women of the SS trailer was pretty funny. Though that was also only three minutes long.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Chairman Capone posted:

I thought his Werewolf Women of the SS trailer was pretty funny. Though that was also only three minutes long.

2021 would probably be the absolute worst time for Nic Cage to play Fu Manchu.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 11, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
The Munsters aren't even a thing that has aged well as an IP. It has none of the charm or depth of the Addam's Family.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Lid posted:

The Munsters aren't even a thing that has aged well as an IP. It has none of the charm or depth of the Addam's Family.

The only time the munsters have been relevant in the last 20 years was John Kerry being compared to Lurch.

I watched a good deal of the show when it aired on Nik at Nite and that’s literally the only thing I remember about it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, I don't think any of the reboots or revivals or cartoons or anything have ever been any good or successful, unlike, as you said, the Addams Family.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

I'm not gonna lie, 13 year old me is very happy that both cokey the bear and the emu war are gonna be films, but I would be happier if both were lord and miller vehicles.
Also derek wilson should voice cokey.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

I'm not gonna lie, 13 year old me is very happy that both cokey the bear and the emu war are gonna be films, but I would be happier if both were lord and miller vehicles.
Also derek wilson should voice cokey.

My first thought was Seth Rogen, but I could get on board with Derek Wilson, he does coked out very well!

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

!!!!!!

Okay, I need to know about this.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

!!!!!!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lid posted:

Bryan Fuller sure tried.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5Ic_8g7F1Y

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

The only time the munsters have been relevant in the last 20 years was John Kerry being compared to Lurch.

And here I was thinking Lurch was a member of the Addams family.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Lid posted:

Yup. I liken it to I Dream of Jeannie, which when I was a kid felt like it was around the same quality as Bewitched, but as an adult it's clear that it's an absolute trash ripoff. The only thing The Munsters had going for it was Gwynne, and good luck replacing him unless maybe you cast Clancy Brown or Ron Pearlman

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

!!!!!!

Great sources for this include Oversimplified, The Dollop and Do Go On (feel free to add more)

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 11, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

PizzaProwler posted:

And here I was thinking Lurch was a member of the Addams family.

He was, unless that's the joke?

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Wrong! The recent licensed pinball machine is TERRIFIC and contains Paul Lynde samples.

Fortunately, or perhaps unfortunately, none of the samples include drunken antisemetic rants.

Remulak fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 11, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Today I learned one of the Eddie Munster's voiced Boone in Fallout: New Vegas and Noel in Final Fantasy 13-2 aka the worst final fantasy game. gently caress the Lightning games.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Better hold your horses getting excited for an Emu War movie, it’s being co-written by John Cleese and Rob Schneider.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
Guarantee there’s going to be at least one “I identify as an emu” joke

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Is Schneider going to play an emu

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

aware of dog posted:

Guarantee there’s going to be at least one “I identify as an emu” joke

drat. Cleese is a nasty enough prick to do it, and Schneider's probably dumb enough

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Cleese has unfortunately joined Terry Gilliam in making terrible pronoun “jokes” on Twitter lately, so it’s pretty much a given.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Relentless optimist that I am, I expect the movie to be about two charming losers (Cleese and Schneider obvi) tricking people into the war as a scam of some sort.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

That was actually surprisingly decent.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/ditzkoff/status/1370121997695516672?s=21

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That could be really good. I'm excited.

I'll also use this as an opportunity to recommend Pee-Wee's Playhouse on Netflix. The HD transfers look absolutely stunning. The set design and puppetry are next level.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I wonder if it will go into the rumor that the scandal that messed up his career was a hit job as revenge for getting a new contract with a different network.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I also want to know who gets the roles of Paul Reubens, Phil Hartman, and Jeffrey Jones.