Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
For what it's worth, Tappei said during a livetweet in the middle of the episode airing that none of the lines have been spoken in the novel as of now, and currently the web novel has just started the seventh arc (we're still in the fourth in the anime).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The floor tiles during the bloodied Emilia vision are from the Lugnica throne room (check S1 Ep 13 they're there); I cannot comprehend this hatred of hers being targeted at Subaru, so my guesses are either versus Pandora or Priscilla.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

OnimaruXLR posted:

Not asking for specifics, but are those lines all actual flash forwards, or are some of them taken from the assorted AU routes that have been published for this series?

Some of them are definitely references to the AUs, but that doesn't preclude them from being flash forwards as well.

At this point I think the Greed or Kasaneru AU story is the only one that wouldn't significantly spoil upcoming stuff were you to read them, though I'm not certain of that.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Also notably, the only current plot thread we didn’t get an update on this episode was Subaru and Betty

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

LostRook posted:

Some of them are definitely references to the AUs, but that doesn't preclude them from being flash forwards as well.

At this point I think the Greed or Kasaneru AU story is the only one that wouldn't significantly spoil upcoming stuff were you to read them, though I'm not certain of that.
The Greed, Pride, Sloth and Wrath IF stories are all good to go; Envy IF doesn't exist cause it's the canon timeline, Lust IF was written as a bad joke, and the Gluttony IF is DEEP into the 6th Arc.

(I have 5 episodes to catch up to here I am very embarassed)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Mar 11, 2021

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

Hogama posted:

In order of speakers as confirmed by voice actors in the credits (from their first words, because there's overlapping voices):
2. Subaru (angrily/mockingly): "You're a hero. A hero is all you can be."
Reinhard: "I..."
Subaru: "Thanks for the help!"

This is exactly what Puck told Reinhard in Subaru's second trial where he saw all the alternate post-death universes back in s2e12.
Not sure what the significance of that is.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

darkgray posted:

This is exactly what Puck told Reinhard in Subaru's second trial where he saw all the alternate post-death universes back in s2e12.
Not sure what the significance of that is.

Echidna is subvertly spoilering Emilia, except you don't get a probation when caught.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

Grouchio posted:

The Greed, Pride, Sloth and Wrath IF stories are all good to go; Envy IF doesn't exist cause it's the canon timeline, Lust IF was written as a bad joke, and the Gluttony IF is DEEP into the 6th Arc.

(I have 5 episodes to catch up to here I am very embarassed)

I'm pretty sure Pride has spoilers involving Regulus, so not that one.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Am I the only one who really appreciated Subaru's trying to cause a dust explosion? :v: I was actually wondering why it didn't work.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I took Emilia not recognising Echidna in the coffin to be because it's already been made explicit that people do not remember their interactions with her in the trials once they're back in the real world. It'd be weird to bring that up when Subaru was involved and drop it immediately afterwards.

AlternateNu posted:

Also notably, the only current plot thread we didn’t get an update on this episode was Subaru and Betty

After the catharsis of Garfield getting to trounce Elsa, that's the natural place to go for the emotional climax so it makes sense that it's being saved for its own episode next week. Once Subaru split from Otto and Petra to get Betty outta there, I figured it was being saved for later at least.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

was i the only one who thought it was kinda odd how literally OP character Reinhard couldn't beat Elsa but Garfiel could?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013

marumaru posted:

was i the only one who thought it was kinda odd how literally OP character Reinhard couldn't beat Elsa but Garfiel could?

You have it backwards. Reinhard beat her so thoroughly that she realized she had no chance and dipped before her resurrections ran out. Garfiel slowly whittled her down which combined with Meili's presence left her committed beyond the point of no return.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

LostRook posted:

You have it backwards. Reinhard beat her so thoroughly that she realized she had no chance and dipped before her resurrections ran out. Garfiel slowly whittled her down which combined with Meili's presence left her committed beyond the point of no return.

ah, that makes sense, thanks!

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Lotus Aura posted:

I took Emilia not recognising Echidna in the coffin to be because it's already been made explicit that people do not remember their interactions with her in the trials once they're back in the real world. It'd be weird to bring that up when Subaru was involved and drop it immediately afterwards.

After the catharsis of Garfield getting to trounce Elsa, that's the natural place to go for the emotional climax so it makes sense that it's being saved for its own episode next week. Once Subaru split from Otto and Petra to get Betty outta there, I figured it was being saved for later at least.

others have pointed out that they’ve been very very careful not to show echidna’s face in any scene not involving a mental space she controls, including past flashbacks that would have undoubtedly shown her real face. That feels far too specific to just me to be “everyone forgot her face”.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Roswal is a true goon. He simped for a girl for 300 years because she was his first kiss.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

others have pointed out that they’ve been very very careful not to show echidna’s face in any scene not involving a mental space she controls, including past flashbacks that would have undoubtedly shown her real face. That feels far too specific to just me to be “everyone forgot her face”.

Echidna fit the "ugly witch" stereotype!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Kazy posted:

Am I the only one who really appreciated Subaru's trying to cause a dust explosion? :v: I was actually wondering why it didn't work.

I too was intrigued by the attempt and also curious why it didn't work! :D

I assume its because dust explosions maybe aren't as easy to cause as fiction implies, and Subaru probably got his knowledge from examples from fiction In reality I assume you need an enclosed space and the room isn't small enough?

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Raenir Salazar posted:

I too was intrigued by the attempt and also curious why it didn't work! :D

I assume its because dust explosions maybe aren't as easy to cause as fiction implies, and Subaru probably got his knowledge from examples from fiction In reality I assume you need an enclosed space and the room isn't small enough?

Not enough flour would be my guess, it's a big room and there's a minimum concentration of combustible dust required for an explosion to happen

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

It's been 24hrs. I'm gonna stop spoilering yesterday's episode.

We also don't know what dust he was using. It needs to be otherwise combustible material.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
The biggest revelation is that Garf is an avid reader.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

dipwood posted:

It kind of makes sense with all the idioms he throws around.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dipwood posted:

He would be super into Warhammer 40k lore or Dragon Quest.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Aumanor posted:

Not enough flour would be my guess, it's a big room and there's a minimum concentration of combustible dust required for an explosion to happen

The door was open/destroyed and there was a big hole in the wall that the mabeast crashed through, the room wasn't particularly enclosed.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Nitrousoxide posted:

It's been 24hrs. I'm gonna stop spoilering yesterday's episode.

We also don't know what dust he was using. It needs to be otherwise combustible material.

Flour works and I assume it was flour since its a mansion that keeps a stocked ladder.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
just picturing Roswal carrying a printing press for Echidna

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Finally watched episode 7:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Grouchio posted:

Finally watched episode 7:

Line item #3 is not true for Roswaal. :colbert:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Considering how I'm pretty sure Roswaal can just effortlessly fly/float, I'm not convinced on #5 either.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

This is our lord, Nagatsuki Tappei. Praise him.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Who could follow a man with such poor discernment in choosing a waifu?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Paracelsus posted:

Who could follow a man with such poor discernment in choosing a waifu?

But he's wearing an Emilia shirt

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm glad Emilia gets to be a character who does stuff now

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

I'm glad Emilia gets to be a character who does stuff now

Hell yeah. Especially as it seems like she's actually like really powerful? Someone needed to step up and protect poor weak Subaru :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

How great was Emilia screaming "LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOUUUUUU" to the trounced clown?

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Grouchio posted:

How great was Emilia screaming "LOOK ME IN THE EYES WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOUUUUUU" to the trounced clown?

Bossy Emilia is best.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I did it. I found this whole arc's theme: (Especially for the trials, tea party and hallway)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO28CudHUtE

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 17, 2021

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

I'm honestly glad Subaru got Betty to leave the library without claiming to be "the one." It means that he didn't have to stoop to acknowledging Echidna's story to her was legitimate and got her to actually :sever:

Also, they avoided showing Echidna's full face again, but we did see her eyes, and they look like the eyes we know from the Windows XP background, so who knows what's going on with this framing choice

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nitrousoxide posted:

Also, they avoided showing Echidna's full face again, but we did see her eyes, and they look like the eyes we know from the Windows XP background, so who knows what's going on with this framing choice
Wait wait wait a second. Did any of you catch Echidna's voice when that Ryuzu was thinking to herself?

LN SPOILER: Did....Echidna already revive!? :aaaaa:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 18, 2021

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
Goddamnit Grouchio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Raenir Salazar posted:

Goddamnit Grouchio.
What? Is preficing a Light Novel spoiler with "LN:" not allowed?