Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I'll give him a point for accurately not having a POC on the course.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
https://twitter.com/MrOlmos/status/1368261041696632832

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Oh god, they don't understand at all. The masks are used. Look at the trash bag, the bundles of wadded and folded masks. They're used. Why would you have your children dig their bare little booger hooks into a trash bag of used surgical masks even if there wasn't a lethal respiratory virus pandemic uggggghhh no no no

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/lukeisamazing/status/1368293859097214978?s=19

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Hell yeah!!! Next let's burn some hypodermics!!!

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

US Berder Patrol posted:

Oh god, they don't understand at all. The masks are used. Look at the trash bag, the bundles of wadded and folded masks. They're used. Why would you have your children dig their bare little booger hooks into a trash bag of used surgical masks even if there wasn't a lethal respiratory virus pandemic uggggghhh no no no

...because they are loving morons whose only motivation is spite?

Toshokan
Apr 11, 2008

TO THE POSTER THAT DARES
TO DEBATE THIS WARM GALE
BEWARE OF FOUL WEATHER
TOWARD MADNESS, SET SAIL

Toshokan posted:

So that means that anyone who would use…a folding stock on an AK, piston AR, or any other gun…is a Nazi?

US Berder Patrol posted:

Ugh, I didn't even notice that.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Makes me realize how am ancient culture would have a story about how they survived God's wrath taking their firstborn by staying the gently caress inside.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Wasabi the J posted:

Makes me realize how am ancient culture would have a story about how they survived God's wrath taking their firstborn by staying the gently caress inside.

Leviticus has a passage about black mold.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
From what little I've seen, a significant portion of judaism is, "hey don't eat that."

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Also "carrying away" other people's hot babes

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code
https://i.imgur.com/Dsg4qdK.mp4

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Majestic.

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

I'm never eating a hot dog again.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

"Why are you laughing? Lemme see"
"..."
"what the gently caress"

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I wonder if Chowdown is still alive and enjoying retirement.

But a life led on PX hotdogs isn't exactly a long one.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

Force de Fappe posted:

"Why are you laughing? Lemme see"
"..."
"what the gently caress"

This covers my SO's reaction to a lot of stuff on this forum.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Bored As gently caress posted:

This covers my SO's reaction to a lot of stuff on this forum.

:same:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
Extremism stand down

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8K6-cEAJZlE

Sign the muster on the way out.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I wonder if Chowdown is still alive and enjoying retirement.

But a life led on PX hotdogs isn't exactly a long one.

He good.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress yea, drive on, Chowdown. May your inevitable hot dog influenced heart attack be swift and painless.

:patriot:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

We need to get Chowdown on here and interview him, or at least let him know that he's a super obscure internet legend.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
What would we ask him?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\

Godholio posted:

What would we ask him?
How it feels to be an immortal.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Aww, he even has little Chowdowns of his own.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Probably a bunch of dumb questions.

Likely we'd all be disappointed by some angle of the discussion. We don't know if he's a trumper or some variety of conservative, though statistically, it's pretty good odds he'd make a hot take or three.

I'd hope for the best of any thread but that don't meet your heroes saying exists for a reason. I'd also really hope he's chill and understands the bend of the forum, but realistically, that's reaching.

I'd definitely ask what rank he retired so we can establish if it's supposed to be SGT, SSG, SFC, MSG, etc, Chowdown now.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Probably a bunch of dumb questions.

Likely we'd all be disappointed by some angle of the discussion. We don't know if he's a trumper or some variety of conservative, though statistically, it's pretty good odds he'd make a hot take or three.

I'd hope for the best of any thread but that don't meet your heroes saying exists for a reason. I'd also really hope he's chill and understands the bend of the forum, but realistically, that's reaching.

I'd definitely ask what rank he retired so we can establish if it's supposed to be SGT, SSG, SFC, MSG, etc, Chowdown now.

I want to say that he was air force

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Oh, he might be chill then.

Then again, he could be a sword cult member.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
Was he even in the Air Force? Who wanted that photo of him eating the hot dog? Did he actually eat the hot dog? Was it good? How does he view his service in general and his service as a model in that photo in particular in the context of GWOT and the MIC? What toppings does he prefer on a hot dog?

I'm pretty sure I never saw that photo in a DFAC or exchange food court. I think I have seen it in like a little food stand at the front of a Target store

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I know I saw it at Fort Campbell at a px shopette barbershop gas station mess of a building. 2004-6ish. Probably in Korea too, the PX at Humphreys was new when I got there, that's about around that period of time.

If he was air force, it was before the uniform change they did around the same time as Marpat and ACUs were coming out.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
He works for AAFES now. He shares a name with a very famous deceased comedian, so he shouldn't be hard to find if you wanna talk to him

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Oh, he might be chill then.

Then again, he could be a sword cult member.

I know about the dumb sword, but is this actually a real thing?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"is the dumb military 'tradition' real", he asks

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

How many coins do I have to trade in for the big dumb anime sword? Tia.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I know about the dumb sword, but is this actually a real thing?

If it's dumb, it gets traction with servicemembers.

I mean, every PX everywhere has a guy hocking poo poo about family crests and shields, and there are people who buy into it with every penny they have. I don't know how legitimate their services are (probably not very), but there's inevitably enough white morons who think they're (insert heritage country) nobility and buy loving scroll, crest, shield and sword sets to support at least one salesman per base.

The money probably comes from what's left after their 29% interest camaro payments.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Iain posted:

How many coins do I have to trade in for the big dumb anime sword? Tia.

It's for retiring generals, so probably thousands (all the unused ones you have leftover as you got promoted all the way up from squadron commander).

Edit: Chowdown was a staple of the wall ads for AAFES food courts through much of the 2000s. So he showed up on Army and AF bases, whichever one he was in. Those ads were up far longer than BDUs were still authorized, at least on the AF side. We were well into ABUs by the time he was gone.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

works sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

US Berder Patrol posted:

Was he even in the Air Force? Who wanted that photo of him eating the hot dog? Did he actually eat the hot dog? Was it good? How does he view his service in general and his service as a model in that photo in particular in the context of GWOT and the MIC? What toppings does he prefer on a hot dog?

I'm pretty sure I never saw that photo in a DFAC or exchange food court. I think I have seen it in like a little food stand at the front of a Target store

We was popular when I was growing up. I remember his picture next to the menu board in the "snack bar" at the tiny PX we had. This was during the time when franchises on base were not so popular but AAFES would still have these stupid "snack bars" in the PX.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If it's dumb, it gets traction with servicemembers.

I mean, every PX everywhere has a guy hocking poo poo about family crests and shields, and there are people who buy into it with every penny they have. I don't know how legitimate their services are (probably not very), but there's inevitably enough white morons who think they're (insert heritage country) nobility and buy loving scroll, crest, shield and sword sets to support at least one salesman per base.

The money probably comes from what's left after their 29% interest camaro payments.

The family crest guys are using a random generator for their poo poo. I know this since I have a fairly uncommon last name with specific history. When they presented my families "history" and their "crest" I laughed.