Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Barudak posted:

Forza Horizon is built to be chill driving game. Its on gamepass if youre willing to do that over PC and crossplay with steam and other versions.
This actually sounds quite appealing — usually my eyes glaze over and I instinctively ignore any game with deluxe / premium versions or any kind of ‘pass’ DLC, are any of these worthwhile in this case?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TACD posted:

This actually sounds quite appealing — usually my eyes glaze over and I instinctively ignore any game with deluxe / premium versions or any kind of ‘pass’ DLC, are any of these worthwhile in this case?

Game Pass is microsoft's game service, not the DLC. For a dollar for the first month (and ten bucks a month after that) you get all microsoft titles day and date when they release+a ton of other really good games. To be transparent some people have real difficulty getting it to work on their PC but if it doesn't work well you're out a buck and can always just pay full price on steam.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
Game Pass is sick I ran it until I picked up a PS4 then I canceled. Hope you enjoy Forza dude!
Also, I dont think this has been mentioned it just dropped and the first one was alright
https://store.steampowered.com/app/...e%20you%20play.
Curious Expedition 2 is a turn-based narrative roguelike set in a reimagined version of the late 19th century that uses procedural gameplay and story elements to create completely unique and epic adventures every time you play.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Barudak posted:

Game Pass is microsoft's game service, not the DLC. For a dollar for the first month (and ten bucks a month after that) you get all microsoft titles day and date when they release+a ton of other really good games. To be transparent some people have real difficulty getting it to work on their PC but if it doesn't work well you're out a buck and can always just pay full price on steam.

Game Pass is a superb value, and a great way to dabble in a lot of games, but it does break a lot of what's good about PC gaming with its legendarily lovely delivery mechanism. Games come as obfuscated "packages" rather than a regular rear end folder with some files and a .exe. The upshot of this is that it's hard/impossible to mod them, and tools that require you to point to an exe (e.g. Logitech mouse drivers for profile switching, "Add non-Steam game" for Steam Input/Steam Link) don't work.

Also, and I don't know how common this is among Game Pass games, but when I uninstalled the Game Pass version of CrossCode, it deleted my loving save file. Not cool.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I have literally nothing but bad things to say about windows store games

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I got on that free three months of Game Pass deal while it was still up and I can't praise it enough.

Once I have to pay I will probably have nothing but complaints. I am a small, petty man.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I will never forgive MSFT for kicking me off their 5 cents a day game pass error.

Just let everyone who managed to subscribe during the 3 hours you hosed up have it forever.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Getting off topic but we all used this crazy deal where signing up for 1 dollar converted up to 3 years of Xbox live with you can usually find a deal for like 5-6 bucks a month, to game pass ultimate, which included console and PC. It’s a crazy value. I don’t know if that deal is still a thing, but every once in a while a similar price will pop up for regular game pass cards. But you do miss out on some cool stuff which keeps me coming back to this thread.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

JackBandit posted:

Getting off topic but we all used this crazy deal where signing up for 1 dollar converted up to 3 years of Xbox live with you can usually find a deal for like 5-6 bucks a month, to game pass ultimate, which included console and PC. It’s a crazy value. I don’t know if that deal is still a thing, but every once in a while a similar price will pop up for regular game pass cards. But you do miss out on some cool stuff which keeps me coming back to this thread.

I did that and had gotten the xbox live on sale from costco so it averaged out to some ridiculously low price per month, it was a huge deal. Now I am a little bummed I just did 2 years instead of 3 because it is up in December :haw:

Game Pass is still a great value though, especially if you see some stuff on there you want to play. You could easily just cancel after a month or two and hop back on again when something new is added.

Just wish they would get EA Play on there like they’d been promising :mad:

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Barudak posted:

I meant the ‘Car Pass’ DLC on Steam; usually anything named like that is some nebulous season pass kind of thing but it looks like this is just a selection of cars?

I guess I answered my own question, the DLC for this is at least pretty straightforward about what’s on offer. Seems like most big-budget games now I can’t even decipher what they’re trying to sell at each premium tier :corsair:

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011

priznat posted:

I did that and had gotten the xbox live on sale from costco so it averaged out to some ridiculously low price per month, it was a huge deal. Now I am a little bummed I just did 2 years instead of 3 because it is up in December :haw:

Game Pass is still a great value though, especially if you see some stuff on there you want to play. You could easily just cancel after a month or two and hop back on again when something new is added.

Just wish they would get EA Play on there like they’d been promising :mad:

I actually have EA play on my console with game pass ultimate, had it not come to PC yet?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

JackBandit posted:

I actually have EA play on my console with game pass ultimate, had it not come to PC yet?

Nope it was supposed to at the same time but got delayed on PC for some reason. There’s a few great titles on that, I subscribed to the EA origin non-premier thing for a bit and there was some excellent content for the price (like $25CAD for a year iirc).

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1510860/Out_of_Sight/

quote:

Unwind while you play at your own pace exploring vibrant microcosms, in your search for hand-placed hidden objects, set to a chill lofi soundtrack.

quote:

Hidden object dioramas / 3D HOGs are all the rage these days. With the hand-drawn 2D Hidden Folks, the free-fly 3D variety Hidden Paws series, and the recent spot-the-difference twist Tiny Lands, the genre already has a bunch of competition. Rather than the more 'FPS flight'-like controls of the first two Hidden Paws titles, Out of Sight lets you merely move, rotate and zoom the camera, similar to Summer Paws or Tiny Lands.

The levels are the kind of neat Unity-powered object arrangements you'd expect, complete with mellow unobtrusive background music like you're used to from similar games.

[...]
A complete trip through the 20 levels will take around two hours with mild use of the reveal-the-location hint button when you get tired of searching for an object, and then there's ten hidden ducks to be found, for which you get neither hints nor indicators on which levels there are (though there's a Steam Guide to help). Searching for these the legitimate way can perhaps occupy you another hour, so we're at up to three hours of meaningful gameplay, depending on how much help you go for.
On top of that, there's a truly stupid* achievement to do a thousand full camera rotations. Since you'll be unable to spin that much while playing, after finishing the game proper you'll want to put an object on your keyboard or (more reasonably) employ a software tool that simulates keypresses. Consider your PC unusable for an hour or three. Yay!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1554750/Occult_The_Interrogation_Are_you_Innocent_or_Guilty/

quote:

Can you prove your INNOCENCE? Overcomes the Devil's interrogation. A terror game where you experience the stress of making decisions. An esoteric game full of mysteries, intrigue and horror. Will you escape from the sinister and evil sect?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1212370/Boolean/

Early access

quote:

Boolean is an open-ended problem solving game where you build circuits and send signals. You place tiles whom follow the laws of boolean logic and make interesting devices! Puzzles range from easy to extreme, and will take you through the development of complex circuits used in computers today.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I can't find it in the cyberpunk thread, but recently a game came out that was hard to describe; tags were: furry, rhythm, dystopiac. You were a Civil servant who had to pump their own blood when their blood vessels burst from all the paperwork. Also a fox?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Sjs00 posted:

I can't find it in the cyberpunk thread, but recently a game came out that was hard to describe; tags were: furry, rhythm, dystopiac. You were a Civil servant who had to pump their own blood when their blood vessels burst from all the paperwork. Also a fox?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1386710/The_HeartBeat/

e: It's a dollar and the concept is that you have to keep working while also pumping your own heart because this is cyberpunk dystopia gently caress you do your paperwork

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
that was the one unfortunately. I really liked the style and everything else about the game. It reminds me of Repo Men as well.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638060/Majestic_Trials/

Just left early access

quote:

Majestic Trials is a turn-based fantasy tactical game where you must compete in increasingly challenging trials to earn your place within the Majestic Citadel.

The art must be seen to be believed:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I always love to see my old homework showing up in game form.

Shadowlz
Oct 3, 2011

Oh it's gonna happen one way or the other, pal.

hmmm I feel like I've seen those faces before...

:stare:

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
That Loop Hero game mentioned a few pages back is amazing. The mechanics are fantastic and doesn't stomp on your balls, but it can if you want it to. It's pretty cool how they let you ramp up the difficulty to gain way more resources, or keep it steady if you want to chill. Love it. I like games that lets you have a little control on the difficulty but still make progress. Neat.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

StrixNebulosa posted:

A terror game where you experience the stress of making decisions.

Truly my worst nightmare

Scut
Aug 26, 2008

Please remind me to draw more often.
Soiled Meat

Philthy posted:

That Loop Hero game mentioned a few pages back is amazing. The mechanics are fantastic and doesn't stomp on your balls, but it can if you want it to. It's pretty cool how they let you ramp up the difficulty to gain way more resources, or keep it steady if you want to chill. Love it. I like games that lets you have a little control on the difficulty but still make progress. Neat.

Tell your friends. I'm a total cheerleader for the game. The pixel art alone would have tempted me to buy it but the mechanics really do stand up. I also like how they give different font options right on the opening screen.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Scut posted:

Tell your friends. I'm a total cheerleader for the game. The pixel art alone would have tempted me to buy it but the mechanics really do stand up. I also like how they give different font options right on the opening screen.

I think the pixel art turned me off till I watched a streamer play it and the RPG loot n resources clicked and I know I had to get it. It’s so much fun.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

StrixNebulosa posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/638060/Majestic_Trials/

Just left early access

The art must be seen to be believed:

This is unironically charming as all hell

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

the years have not been kind to Gunther

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

treat posted:

This is unironically charming as all hell

No kidding, the dev clearly decided to double-down on doing programmer art and he WENT for it. I admire that gusto! I also bought the game, and so far my impressions are that it's extremely, profoundly indie, as in one-man studio indie. It tries to explain what you should be doing but I didn't realize you want to load your spellbook with spells because they're all single-use. When I'm more awake I'll give it more shots, because there's something nifty in there.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1092630/Rogue_Glitch/

Bouncy survival platformer. It's free to play, rather than being a "F2P" business model this seems to be a more traditional marketing move. The only paid element is online.
Looks charming enough for free.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1289810/Siralim_Ultimate/

Early access

quote:

Siralim Ultimate is a monster catching, dungeon crawling RPG with a ridiculous amount of depth. Summon over 1200 different creatures and travel through randomly generated dungeons to acquire resources, new creatures, and loot.

quote:

Siralim Ultimate is a really, really, really big game. For that reason, this store description is extremely detailed to help you get a grip on exactly what you can expect from the game. If you're not up to read it all, though, here's a quick rundown of some of the main features:

1200+ creatures to collect
Fuse your creatures together - the offspring inherits its parents’ stats, traits, and even the way they look!
Randomly generated dungeons spanning 30 tilesets
Customize your castle with thousands of different decorations
Engage in strategic 6v6 battles
Craft Artifacts and Spell Gems for your creatures
Choose from one of 30 specializations for your character and earn perks that change the way your creatures fight in battle
Insane amount of post-story content that will keep you engaged for thousands of hours (yes, really!)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/951430/Dead_Age_2/

Just left early access

quote:

The successful indie survival RPG "Dead Age" (84% very positive) is back with a vengeance! No other game offers this mix of role-playing, rogue-like, fast-paced turn-based combat and survival all in one. Inspired by Darkest Dungeon, Fallout 1+2, This War of Mine and The Walking Dead.

quote:

"Improves on the original recipe w/ better combat (now w/ 24 skills), allowing tactical changes on the fly. The story is solid & your choices will matter as you explore 80 locations in the open world."

StrixNebulosa fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 12, 2021

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Stolen from the Management Megathread:

https://bitrich.itch.io/railroute

quote:

You can download and play the game in the alpha version for free (developer preview) before we release the full game. Be sure to wishlist it on steam as well!

Rail Route is a train dispatcher simulator. You negotiate contracts, build railroads, set up routes for trains and control the traffic. Unlock features to your dispatcher interface, upgrade railway network elements and research new technologies that allow you to automate the operations!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

I got this for a friend.

The best way I can explain it is disgaea pokemon

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Third World Reagan posted:

I got this for a friend.

That's a good description. Siralim 3 was already crazy complex and I'm looking forward to seeing what Siralim Ultimate does with the formula.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
Altered is a devious looking sokoban puzzle game that released yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7qZ3KF1i4g

The Strangest Finch
Nov 23, 2007

Third World Reagan posted:

I got this for a friend.

It looks sort of Dragon Warrior Monsters- esque to me, at least in the breeding aspects. Can you actually tactically control your monsters during fights or do they act on their own?

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

The Strangest Finch posted:

It looks sort of Dragon Warrior Monsters- esque to me, at least in the breeding aspects. Can you actually tactically control your monsters during fights or do they act on their own?

You control ONLY your monsters during fights, your caster/archetype is more of a passive buff provider.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1525770/The_Dark_Side_of_the_Moon/

quote:

When his 2 young children vanish mysteriously throughout the night, it's up to single-dad Dean Hamilton to do what any good dad would do: Go to the end of the universe and bring them back home in this thrilling FMV/Interactive Movie.

quote:

Featuring the acting talents of Anarosa Butler (Contradiction:Spot The Liar!, The Shapeshifting Detective) as computer geek conspiracy theorist "Alyx" and Rupert Booth (Contradiction:Spot The Liar!, The Shapeshifting Detective) as the evil "Gedeon", The Dark Side of the Moon promises to bring you a thrilling adventure out of this world

CONTRADICTION MAN I actually have to pick this one up, I love his work!

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Stealing from the management thread again:

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Hey, this is a management game that I'm publishing this week on Steam: Rogue State Revolution.

The gist is that you're the first democratically-elected president of a fictional Middle Eastern republic: how long can you stay president? It's a little bit Civ, a little bit Tropico maybe? It's out this Thursday and you know, wishlisting is a mitzvah. :wink:

Trailer's here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35Iyim6cLu4

Please do check it out if it sounds up your alley, and I've got this thread bookmarked so happy to field any questions or feedback or anything.
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1145340/Rogue_State_Revolution

Thanks, goons.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks, Strix!

If you want to see the game in action, here's Scarlet Seeker playing through the tutorial yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QLVZ2SysU

And here's Raptor's stream from last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kawcHgmjb_U

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mandatory Assembly posted:

Thanks, Strix!

If you want to see the game in action, here's Scarlet Seeker playing through the tutorial yesterday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QLVZ2SysU

And here's Raptor's stream from last week:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kawcHgmjb_U

It doesn't have any gameplay, but the trailer is great.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/380680/Gwan_Moon_High_School__The_Ghost_Gate/

quote:

Gwan Moon High School : The Ghost Gate
GMH is a horror visual novel with a point & click adventure game system.
It tells the horrid story of what happened overnight and a past that is related to it in modern Korea.

Horror Visual Novel Game with Point & Click Adventure system.
The main episodes are 2 flows in parallel.
The side episodes for looking at characters' past.
Various collectibles such as After Stories of characters, Character Information and so on.
Play time : About 7 hours.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1527880/Darkness_Under_My_Bed/

quote:

[Immersive Experience]
Become the operator of a remotely controlled robot and wander through intricate corridors of a child’s mind. All elements of the game are consistent with each other, which creates a real and believable experience.

[Complex Minimalism]
The simplicity of the project lays ground for creative solutions. The game is constantly evolving and smoothly introducing new ideas. The world is large, but always stays innovative.

[Freedom Of Exploration]
The game is divided into a series of short missions, but it is up to you to decide in what order you want to visit them. Most of the labyrinth is available for you from the beginning. Curiosity and exploration are rewarded with optional locations and secrets.

[The Images From An Unreal World]
The graphics were based on a carefully prepared photos. Everything looks as if it was happening in reality, which makes the horror scenes ever scarier.

[The Sounds Of Silence]
The game is filled with sound effects and ambient. Each of them was selected to perfectly match the place and moment.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1543990/Project_Blue_Book_Hidden_Mysteries/

quote:

It’s 1952, and the U.S. Air Force is operating a top-secret investigation: Project Blue Book. As a newly recruited agent, it’s your job to uncover the truth behind these real declassified UFO sightings. Test your observation and investigation skills in this out-of-this-world hidden object adventure!

Game Features
● Challenge your observation and deduction skills!
● Experience chilling mysteries based on real declassified UFO investigations!
● Solve hundreds of hidden object scenes, puzzles and minigames!
● Investigate alongside Dr. J. Allen Hynek (played by Aidan Gillen from “Game Of Thrones”) and Captain Michael Quinn (played by Michael Malarkey from “The Vampire Diaries”)!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1540360/Carrier_Battles_WW2_Admiral_of_the_Fleet/

quote:

A real-time WW2 naval warfare simulation game on tactical level, Admiral of Fleet features 20 scenarios covering the naval battles between carriers in the early stage of the war, from December 1941 to the end of 1942.

quote:

Features:
You'll be able to manage the deck and hangar on each of the carriers under your command, and organize ship-borne reconnaissance, combat air patrol and air strikes against enemy ships and land targets.

You'll be able to command land-based aircraft, if available in the battle, to protect your islands, search enemy ships and launch air strikes against them.

You'll be able to command land units, if available in the battle, to land on enemy controlled territory, or the other way around, to thwart enemy amphibious assault.

You'll be able to deploy your fleet and adjust the composition of your carrier-borne air group in most of the battles.

Each battle map, covering an area of up to 3000km x 3000km, is built on satellite verified terrain data (mountains, hills, plain, river etc), land cover data (forest, grassland, desert etc.).

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1493910/COROPATA/

quote:

Himawari's on a quest to deliver radishes to the neighborhood, but first she needs help overcoming the Rube Goldberg puzzles in her way! (This is the Steam version of the game originally released in 2009 for the Nintendo DS, now for the first time in English!

quote:

A nice port to a cute DS classic. Recommended to anyone especially to those who have seen gifs and images of this game and thought they were just art. Very fun and challenging when you feel like killing some time.