Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hayami's actually pulling a Chiba Takayuki and getting himself thrown over and over to learn how he's doing that and add it to his arsenal. First, you've got to test it, see if there are any blind spots to it before you can counter it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Like half the chapter was spent on Rin trying to recruit a dude, even though it's too late? Maybe this is a setup for something bigger because Rin was always shown to be more capable than she appeared.

But it looks like it was all a setup to show how strong Mr Judo is. It's lazy writing, it's okay to tell us how strong someone is, but when it happens over and over again...

I was happy with our boy Yama having trouble seeing the action

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Suspicious Lump posted:

Like half the chapter was spent on Rin trying to recruit a dude, even though it's too late? Maybe this is a setup for something bigger because Rin was always shown to be more capable than she appeared.

But it looks like it was all a setup to show how strong Mr Judo is. It's lazy writing, it's okay to tell us how strong someone is, but when it happens over and over again...

Eh, I don't think it's real-time...even if it is, it's not like the Kengan Association doesn't need to recruit new fighters for other reasons, Kazzy's thing is agenting for other companies after all.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Suspicious Lump posted:

well he was offering to suggest fighters to her so that might get follow up

i think meguro is just a nice dude and everything else is a fakeout including the newspaper article. he is in fact a clone and has been raised right

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Jose posted:

well he was offering to suggest fighters to her so that might get follow up

i think meguro is just a nice dude and everything else is a fakeout including the newspaper article. he is in fact a clone and has been raised right

He seems to have been raised by extremely villain man though, he has to have like... I dunno, murdered a blackmailed olympic gymnast or something to prove no one could safely land from one of his throws before his dad would buy him an ice cream.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Raws are out:
https://imgur.com/a/BNewWvX

:zoro:

I have faith in our boy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

Raws are out:
https://imgur.com/a/BNewWvX

I have faith in our boy.

Watch him turn out to be a Worm next part after he wins.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
A purgatory fight that's not a joke? Things are looking up and it's time to wrastle.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
You know, we have been saying clone this whole time but what if he really is Meguro, reconstructed and brought under control by even madder science?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Or he is a good boy clone and going "Wtf is this guy going on about"

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Caidin posted:

You know, we have been saying clone this whole time but what if he really is Meguro, reconstructed and brought under control by even madder science?

Hearing aids and a fake eye? The timeline would be weird but I could see that as a possibility.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
masaki went to college and functioned in society. this dude is simply wrong.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I hope they also reconstructed his dick and balls

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Also on a reread Jurota is kind of a loving crazy person in his own right isn't he?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A fake looking eye on the same socket that Muteba gouged and what appeared to be hearing aids?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caidin posted:

Also on a reread Jurota is kind of a loving crazy person in his own right isn't he?

I am too strong and bored. I will go off and train in the mountains for 15 years in hopes that this psychotic murderer will eventually hunt me down so I can have a Good Judo Match, because that's what will make my life worth living.

Yeah he's kind of a nut.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Kanos posted:

I am too strong and bored. I will go off and train in the mountains for 15 years in hopes that this psychotic murderer will eventually hunt me down so I can have a Good Judo Match, because that's what will make my life worth living.

Yeah he's kind of a nut.

Sounds better than zoom meetings tbh.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
aw, meguro has a fan! that's sweet. i hope they become good friends

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Translation:
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1232353

Yes. yes, YES YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Isn't it weird that young Masaki wore glasses when he was younger?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
His weird eye being the same one Muteba gouged out definitely seems to hint this is actually Masaki but maybe it’s a red herring. Why change his name and hide his identity? Is he even aware that he’s Masaki?

EDIT: The child Masaki acts a heck of a lot more like Hayami than Masaki. I’m guessing the eye is a red herring and Masaki was actually the fake one and Hayami just went underground, changed his name, and learned to blend in with society. Or as a twist maybe he actually overcame his sociopathy and became a good person.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 5, 2021

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kanos posted:

Yeah he's kind of a nut.

He wasn't waiting to be hunted, he was training so he could go after Masak because he wanted a Good Judo Match. Still a nut, though!

Plan: Masaki (pre-murder) is a promising judoka who will make it to the top, so I'll wait for him there.

Then the murders happened.

Plan (Revised): Masaki (post-murder) is an insane dude who can't stop killing with judo, and there's no chance of him ever becoming an official judoka (given everything he's done), so I'll give up everything except judo to go underground and find him myself.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
My theory is that Boy M is Meguro Masaki (the crying man). He murdered all those people and went nuts. He had a twin brother Hayami Masaki, who was adopted by the bastard Hayami CEO of Toyo. He made a deal with someone to take Meguro but it included Hayami. So he sends Hayami off to therapy, gets him treatment and a good education. But Meguro he treats like an experiments and makes a murdering monster.

wokow6
Oct 19, 2013
I think the solution is simple... Well, simpler. Hayami is a clone of Meguro, made right after Katsumasa (had to look up his first name) took in Meguro, who was the one who did the murders. I think the twist is going to be that while Hayami has the same issues as Meguro did, he was able to develop much better control on it, and tries to be a good boy fighter in spite of it. Jurota is just convinced that this is the same dude, cause he can see some of what Meguro had in him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is a story where martial arts clones are a major element. it'd be more surprising if he wasn't some sort of clone.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
To be fair we haven't seen any confirmed full clones yet. Just some imposters with tons of plastic surgery and some cloned body parts.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the exact nature of the cloning is still unrevealed, yeah.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

wokow6 posted:

I think the solution is simple... Well, simpler. Hayami is a clone of Meguro, made right after Katsumasa (had to look up his first name) took in Meguro, who was the one who did the murders. I think the twist is going to be that while Hayami has the same issues as Meguro did, he was able to develop much better control on it, and tries to be a good boy fighter in spite of it. Jurota is just convinced that this is the same dude, cause he can see some of what Meguro had in him.

Crack Theory: Hayami isn't a clone, but rather a different personality implanted into the corpse/barely alive body of Meguro to make him more controllable, which is why he wears earphones (Muteba ruptured his eardrums, if I recall) and has a fake/mechanical eye (Muteba stabbed one out). It's also why Jurota is so sure that Hayami is Meguro: it's because it's Meguro's actual uncloned body.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
If Masaki didn't actually die during the Anihhilation tournament how come his ghost kept showing up in the dumbbells series? Checkmate athiests!

LemonRind
Apr 26, 2010

CEO OF FUNHAVER ENTERPRISES
Ask me about making YOUR thread suck less!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the exact nature of the cloning is still unrevealed, yeah.

I know this is probably not gonna happen but I'm holding out for the previous Meguro was actually a clone, and this one is the real boy m.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

LemonRind posted:

I know this is probably not gonna happen but I'm holding out for the previous Meguro was actually a clone, and this one is the real boy m.

this is honestly what I'm pulling for too

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Evidence of clones that I can think of:

Omah's heart replacement being identical
'Clones' that infiltrated the fighting organisations - mostly plastic surgery
Ryuki being Omah doppelganger
Hayami Masaki/Meguro twins
Alan Wu's brain washing

Lots of look alikes but not much evidence of actual cloning. Strongest evidence imo is Omah's heart.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Raws are out for chapter 101:
https://imgur.com/a/MBPnsQu

gently caress yeah.

Super spoiler:
It's confirmed, clones exist and the worm is directly related to their creation

Suspicious Lump fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Mar 11, 2021

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

:zoro: indeed

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

TLs are out, real good fight

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1240192

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's going to win the fight by dying imo

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The really surprising thing this fight is Hayami's ear being back. It was there when we saw him post-time skip but it's really pronounced this chapter
I guess the fight is super good and all that too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

He's going to win the fight by dying imo

Naidan proved this a viable tactic.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So did Alan. :v:

But yeah, regardless of how it ends, this is already probably the best fight out of the whole tournament so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

So his entire plan was indeed. Masaki, but without the whole bugfuck insane bit