Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I feel like that guy also deserves to be on the cover of a NVIDIA graphics card, since he looks like somebody set the "shiny" and "muscle" slider to max.

He’s an unreal engine 3 stock character if I ever seen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snowman_McK posted:

I like this example because you can imagine how it would play out compared to most other villains. With most, you would get the scene where she says 'I'll never really love you' and that would bother the villain. They would do their best to actually win her over and convince her. This would give the other heroes time, distracting the villain, and also probably give Wonder Woman an opening. Darkseid wouldn't give a poo poo. Compelled obediance and love are still obediance and love to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaeYz7Ndq2k

He is a psychopath even in his goofiest, silliest incarnation.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I'll keep an eye out for the Mike Dawson cameo.

Desaad did YOU kill Rita?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Burkion posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaeYz7Ndq2k

He is a psychopath even in his goofiest, silliest incarnation.

Kalibak with a human face is unnerving.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

RBA Starblade posted:

Desaad did YOU kill Rita?

Granny Goodness: Here, Lord Darkseid, this will explain everything.

*head explodes*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Then there's the legendary story with Sleez. Sure, Darkseid says his actions are beneath his standards, but he's not just going to let the opportunity to show Scott Free a sex tape of his wife and Superman under mind control go to waste.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The US Space program explores a passing comet and finds some kind of strange container. The astronauts open it.

Granny Goodness: Aaaaahhhh! After 10,000 years I'm free!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Honestly, Granny Goodness taken remotely seriously would have audiences frothing for her brutal death.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Gonna talk about a rapey comic so if that's a sore spot, please don't read what follows

There was a comic where they tried to clumsily have Darkseid rape Granny Goodness, when she was younger. Like, threatened her position in his empire if she didn't put out.

This completely misses the point of Darkseid and Apokalips- and even her, herself.

Let's ignore how out of character that is for Darkseid, flat out. I'll point out why in a moment, but let's ignore that. If her LIVING GOD and avatar of morality came to her seeking sex, she would not resist. Not because she's into Darkseid, but because he IS Darkseid. This is something that the DCAU gets across expertly in Superman- Darkseid IS God to these people. Whatever Darkseid wants, they give willingly and without thought. Whatever Darkseid says is truth. That's the whole horror and tragedy of Darkseid's followers. That is the only life they have ever known.

The reason it doesn't work for Darkseid is that it misunderstands what he is. Darkseid doesn't care about sex, or gender or any thing like that. The only woman he ever loved was before he became Darkseid, and everything after that has always been extremely pragmatic. More, the comic presented this entirely as a sex for services thing. Give me what I want and I'll give you what you want

That's not how Darkseid thinks. He wouldn't be offering her anything. He also wouldn't be coming to her for sex but that's neither here nor there.

Darkseid doesn't view women as lesser then men- his most powerful warriors are women. He judges by ability alone. Utility. The whole reason Super Friends Darkseid wanted Wonder Woman to be his queen was because he judged her as the only woman powerful enough to deserve such a role, to rule beside him- it all comes back to power. To control. He didn't fall for Wondy for her beauty- he even makes note of this in that clip I shared above. When her powers are gone his interest in her wanes.

The other reason it flat out doesn't work is who Granny Goodness is.

As GL implied, Granny Goodness is a monster. Trying to write her off as a victim of Darkseid cheapens what and who she is. Granny Goodness is the slave master of Apokalips, the one who takes otherwise normal or decent people and twists them into the Furies. She leads psycho death cults and does it with a sneering, twisted demeanor. To make her a victim of Darkseid in that way is insulting for SO many reasons.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Horizon Burning posted:

confession time: i always thought it was pronounced darkseed

I thought that for the longest time, too. Because otherwise, why would they spell it differently? About 5 years ago, a DC fanboy friend of mine corrected me. I was very confused.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Equeen posted:

Granny Goodness: Here, Lord Darkseid, this will explain everything.

*head explodes*

BTW, for anyone who hasn't seen it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxGJXsgB65A

jiffynuts
Jul 6, 2005

It's a-me-a-ha-me-ha

thrawn527 posted:

I thought that for the longest time, too. Because otherwise, why would they spell it differently? About 5 years ago, a DC fanboy friend of mine corrected me. I was very confused.

I had the same conversation with a friend of mine too. Only I was the nerdier one correcting him. :D

Mr. Side also goes by “Doug”.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Don't forget Boss Dark Side!

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

cargohills posted:

It should be on NowTV as well if that's any better for you.
Zack, please do not make me watch this in 720p with stereo.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Zack will be hosting a watch party on Scener with a live chat at 7PM ET on the 18th. You need a HBO Max subscription to register for the watch party.

https://snydercut.scener.com/

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Goddamit how is Japan TBD still?

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Kiersey Clemons was cast to play Iris West again in the Flash movie. Lol at the third sentence in the article.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kiersey-clemons-to-star-in-the-flash-movie-exclusive?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

"Kiersey Clemons has closed a deal to star opposite Ezra Miller in Warner Bros.' DC movie The Flash.

The actress will reprise her role as Iris West, the romantic interest of Barry Allen, aka The Flash. Clemons portrayed the intrepid reporter West in Justice League but her role was cut by director Zack Snyder back in 2017 before he turned the film over to Joss Whedon. Snyder added her character back in recently for his upcoming cut, which debuts on HBO Max on March 18."

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cinematic cul de sac in effect

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol blaming Snyder, classy

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

It's well deserved. He had the GALL to make divisive films. Sexual deviancy, abuse and racism are all second fiddle to the ABSOLUTE MISHANDLING of nerd franchises.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Did we already have confirmation that Keaton was playing Batman? I don't remember that being confirmed although it was definitely a rumored possibility.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/GraceRandolph/status/1370069975411662853?s=19

This lady is the one who did the interview with Snyder a couple days ago but does she have any credibility on stuff like this? Seems entirely wishful thinking. Also I don't think Snyder would do a WW film unless Patty Jenkins specifically asked him to.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yeah that sounds like wishful thinking to me

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I think she has a history of posting stuff like that to get clicks, yeah. I mean, it'd be rad to get some films that finish off what he started but I highly doubt he'll get Wonder Woman since WB already locked in Patty Jenkins for a third film. At least I remember reading that they did.

Just comes off as fanning (or capitalizing on) the flames of the whole RestoreTheSnyderverse stuff that has been trending today on twitter.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

This lady is the one who did the interview with Snyder a couple days ago but does she have any credibility on stuff like this? Seems entirely wishful thinking. Also I don't think Snyder would do a WW film unless Patty Jenkins specifically asked him to.

She's just fishing for max CPM riding off the attention her interviews with Zack have given her. No way in hell WB gives Snyder control of Wonder Woman 3 imo.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
It wouldn't surprise me if ZS and WB were done working together

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1370091814414393349

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/status/1370093422422409218

Ray Fisher loving owns man

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I'm manifesting all of this into reality i dont care

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/AaronCouch/status/1370091942042865670
https://twitter.com/RICHARDLNEWBY/status/1370091474084315141
This quote is really not very clear at all! If that's the only source then this seems like some genuinely bad journalism. The quote could easily be read to mean that Iris's role had to be reduced in Snyder's original cut but the Whedon version was the one that removed her entirely.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Basebf555 posted:

Did we already have confirmation that Keaton was playing Batman? I don't remember that being confirmed although it was definitely a rumored possibility.

We didn't have confirmation before, and I wouldn't count this as confirmation either.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That guy is a coward and locked replies from that tweet lmao

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Martman posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronCouch/status/1370091942042865670
https://twitter.com/RICHARDLNEWBY/status/1370091474084315141
This quote is really not very clear at all! If that's the only source then this seems like some genuinely bad journalism. The quote could easily be read to mean that Iris's role had to be reduced in Snyder's original cut but the Whedon version was the one that removed her entirely.

Cutting the romantic subplot means cutting the character entirely. Yes.

I wish I got into this industry as there seems to be no standards and words can mean anything!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Snyder just keeps on winning

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Jimbot posted:

Cutting the romantic subplot means cutting the character entirely. Yes.

I wish I got into this industry as there seems to be no standards and words can mean anything!

Regardless, the article is worded specifically to make it seem like Snyder himself decided the character should be cut. Even if the character was cut while Snyder was still director, it's clear that the ridiculous studio demands were the reason for that, not Snyder. It would've taken like three extra words to explain that.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It also states he gave it to Joss Whedon.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's especially funny when you think about the Whedon 2 hours including however many minutes for That Russian Family, which Snyder literally didn't know existed. So like, it is basically 100% guaranteed that there was stuff Snyder himself would have included even in a 2 hour cut that was then removed by others.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Patty might be busy with Star Wars and Cleopatra so might step away from Wonder Woman 3, but no way in hell would Zack want anyone other than a woman to direct it even if they tried to give it to him.

Also I think everyones overblowing the line from that article. I immediately understood it as just saying that ultimately that specific scene being cut was made by Snyder over others. Its an innocent creative decision. He could have cut others, but he chose that one. Sure, it was part of the overall cuts influenced by WBs 2 hour mandate, but the choice for that specific scene/character was still Snyders if Im reading right.

Are people even reacting negatively to the idea he cut it or insuating nefarious reasons? I understand Snyders image is constantly tarnished for no reason but this seems a bit hyper-defensive and reactionary fueled by twitter paranoia.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Give Wonder Woman 3 to Cathy Yan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

It's a combination of attributing responsibility to Snyder overall for the initial situation, PLUS the fact that it's unclear if they're even technically correct about what they're implying now.

Yes, people are being defensive and prickly. At this point I think that is completely warranted.