Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Mr. Apollo posted:

Zack will be hosting a watch party on Scener with a live chat at 7PM ET on the 18th. You need a HBO Max subscription to register for the watch party.

https://snydercut.scener.com/

I'd like to do this, but I'd rather have my first viewing without any distractions. I'm sure somebody will upload it to youtube though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wish they would give a confirmation as to what time ZSJL will drop on HBO Max.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Basebf555 posted:

Did we already have confirmation that Keaton was playing Batman? I don't remember that being confirmed although it was definitely a rumored possibility.

I think the link below was the first reference from what I'd consider a credible source confirming Keaton is going to be in the movie. There could be something from earlier than this but I think most of it is from rumor sites that post anything.
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2020/08/ben-affleck-returns-batman-the-flash-multiverse-keaton

Roth posted:

Give Wonder Woman 3 to Cathy Yan

That's what's up. Birds of Prey is so underrated. Wish it hadn't had the worst ad campaign in recent memory for a comic movie*.

*that isn't New Mutants.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I'm being told by someone offsite that Grace Randolph is an alt-right grifter, but I can't seem to find anything confirming that. Anybody know what's up?

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

teagone posted:

I wish they would give a confirmation as to what time ZSJL will drop on HBO Max.

This countdown here is what will tell you. It looks like typical 3am morning of the 18th.

https://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Maybe. Maybe not.

But this is enough to show she’s a massive idiot on every single possible level. I don’t know why Zack is talking to her

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9r8r_-vOVU

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

This countdown here is what will tell you. It looks like typical 3am morning of the 18th.

https://zacksnydersjusticeleague.dcuniverseinfinite.com/

Well gently caress, guess I'm staying up til 3AM on Thursday. Will be screening BvS Ultimate Edition a couple hours before then. I'm so ready.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
Grace is a typical youtube movie/popculture talking head moron that nobody should give any lip service to and I hate shes latched herself to Snyder and gotten so much access to him. Like cool great Im glad the fandom is strong but shes one of the more embarrassing elements of Snyders supporters.

Shes not as cringe as that loving rap video though jfc, but she has a nutty creepy vibe to her I cant stand along with the standard youtuber in front of a webcam talking about Hollywood as if they know literally anything about how the industry actually operates.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I'm not really worrying about what time the Snyder cut is dropping because I kinda assume I'm gonna have trouble streaming it in 1080p for like the first 24 hours or so. I don't trust HBOMax to handle all the traffic.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Basebf555 posted:

I'm not really worrying about what time the Snyder cut is dropping because I kinda assume I'm gonna have trouble streaming it in 1080p for like the first 24 hours or so. I don't trust HBOMax to handle all the traffic.

Only diehard turbonerd cultists like me will be streaming it once it drops at 3AM central time, so hopefully I will have no problem watching it in all its 4K glory.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Patty might be busy with Star Wars and Cleopatra so might step away from Wonder Woman 3, but no way in hell would Zack want anyone other than a woman to direct it even if they tried to give it to him.

Also I think everyones overblowing the line from that article. I immediately understood it as just saying that ultimately that specific scene being cut was made by Snyder over others. Its an innocent creative decision. He could have cut others, but he chose that one. Sure, it was part of the overall cuts influenced by WBs 2 hour mandate, but the choice for that specific scene/character was still Snyders if Im reading right.

Are people even reacting negatively to the idea he cut it or insuating nefarious reasons? I understand Snyders image is constantly tarnished for no reason but this seems a bit hyper-defensive and reactionary fueled by twitter paranoia.

Directed by Deborah Snyder

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe. Maybe not.

But this is enough to show she’s a massive idiot on every single possible level. I don’t know why Zack is talking to her

Lol wow this bad

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe. Maybe not.

What is it, I don't have YouTube on my current wifi network. Is she like a comics-gater or Starwars-truther or something?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What is it, I don't have YouTube on my current wifi network. Is she like a comics-gater or Starwars-truther or something?

You can best sum it up by her phrase "don't sjw Star Wars"

Which, even if you read it in the most charitable way possible, is a very stupid thing to say.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Well, that settles that then.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Martman posted:

https://twitter.com/AaronCouch/status/1370091942042865670
https://twitter.com/RICHARDLNEWBY/status/1370091474084315141
This quote is really not very clear at all! If that's the only source then this seems like some genuinely bad journalism. The quote could easily be read to mean that Iris's role had to be reduced in Snyder's original cut but the Whedon version was the one that removed her entirely.

Yah this poo poo is "well it's technically correct" nonsense. It would have been so easy to provide more detail in the actual article, or even leave the loving thing totally neutral (i.e. "Clemons was cut from the theatrical release") without specifically adding the intentionally misleading sentence about Snyder. It was a jab plain and simple.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk
I don't even think it's technically correct - did Snyder even make a 2 hour in which this excision took place? It didn't seem that way to me from the recent Vanity Fair article.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

He made a 2 hour 20 minute version before he left. If Fisher says Iris was in it I believe him, cause THR certainly hasn't seen that version but Fisher might have.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Well I'm sure in the full context of the video SJW means "Sacred Jedi Warriors"

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Maybe. Maybe not.

Holy poo poo. People like that are the reason why it's so hard to defend Snyder fans sometimes. Super overzealous, sure, but most have really good heads on their shoulders but then poo poo like this shows up and if anyone pointed to it you'd have no response. Doesn't help that Zack Snyder doesn't seem to do his homework on whose shows he appears on. Wish he did.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

KVeezy3 posted:

I don't even think it's technically correct - did Snyder even make a 2 hour in which this excision took place? It didn't seem that way to me from the recent Vanity Fair article.

I mean, let's just for the sake of argument assume that they can and have verified that that specific cut happened under Snyder's watch, and he begrudgingly cut it on his way to trying to reach the 2 hour goal, before giving up and leaving.

That's still a ton of context left off the table.

It would be like doing an article on the Snyder Cut and saying "Zack Snyder had previously decided to leave before finishing". Technically true but leaving out so much of the story, that it's effectively worthless pandering.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well I'm sure in the full context of the video SJW means "Sacred Jedi Warriors"

She talks about how Disney is targeting older SJWs instead of the conservative original fans and children. Which is lmao

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
If you think that going on a pundit's show is bad if that pundit holds bad views then I have sad news to tell you about literally everyone who has appeared on any talk show.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CelticPredator posted:

She talks about how Disney is targeting older SJWs instead of the conservative original fans and children. Which is lmao

Well in the prequels Anakin definitely targeted children

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

If you think that going on a pundit's show is bad if that pundit holds bad views then I have sad news to tell you about literally everyone who has appeared on any talk show.

You're not wrong, but this one seems...really bad. Like, I'm a Star Wars fan that has to keep saying, "I know, Star Wars fans can very often be the worst," and this is the kind of poo poo I'm talking about.

Videos like that are a prime example of what is wrong with Star Wars fandom. (And there are a poo poo ton of examples, to be clear. Like, more examples than there are exceptions.)

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Regarding Grace, I think she saw how much traction ZSJL was getting so she decided to focus on it. Clicks are clicks regardless if they're from haters or supporters.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Well in the prequels Anakin definitely targeted children

:drat:

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Grace was the one that spread a rumor that the plot of black mask was him trying to get back a diamond (correct) because it had his dick pic inside it (not correct)

So you know, land of contrasts and all that

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Patty might be busy with Star Wars and Cleopatra so might step away from Wonder Woman 3, but no way in hell would Zack want anyone other than a woman to direct it even if they tried to give it to him.

With Star Wars maybe, but there's no way a Cleopatra remake is ever going to get done by anyone. That's one of those cursed things that just shouldn't be tried.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

McCloud posted:

Grace was the one that spread a rumor that the plot of black mask was him trying to get back a diamond (correct) because it had his dick pic inside it (not correct)

So you know, land of contrasts and all that

I could see that being in an earlier script version, like how the delorean used to be a refrigerator

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

A good twitter thread

https://twitter.com/JimLee/status/1370126564407451648

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Of course Snyder's personal gym would be off to the "far right"!!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Typical fascist.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Jimbot posted:

Cutting the romantic subplot means cutting the character entirely. Yes.

I wish I got into this industry as there seems to be no standards and words can mean anything!

The quote even says he was working on a scene with her when they visited him. FFS.

Gonna go lift weights now, snyder bros.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Roth posted:

Give Wonder Woman 3 to Cathy Yan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

People can be more than one thing and don't divide neatly into Good or Evil. Zach Snyder can be a talented director who cares about his actors and also associate with lovely people. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Trying to paint him as a perfect messiah with no flaws is dumb because at the end of the day he's a human being.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/snydercut/status/1370170211207364609?s=20

ImpAtom posted:

People can be more than one thing and don't divide neatly into Good or Evil. Zach Snyder can be a talented director who cares about his actors and also associate with lovely people. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Trying to paint him as a perfect messiah with no flaws is dumb because at the end of the day he's a human being.

Have you accepted Zachery Christ as your lord and saviour?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No, I accepted Joker Christ instead

May he deliver us from bottom text

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

I don't care at all for Kevin Smith's films, but can listen to him geek out on just about anything. I can't think of anyone better to host.