Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

spatchcrock

Many such cases!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Protip: Rub your wooden spatchies down with mineral oil after washing them so that they don't dry out and crack.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i keep a jar of 2 parts mineral oil to 1 part beeswax in a jar in the kitchen to put on wood stuff after it comes out of the dishwasher

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

like i should probably not put that stuff in the dishwasher in the first place but gently caress washing a dish by hand

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Does no-one else ITT have fuken drawers in their kitchen?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Like when I'm not cooking the only things on the counters are an extinguisher (shaped like an amusing duck), a pepper mill that's too big for the cabinets, and a soap dispenser. I wipe down those surfaces every day, it'd be hell to have 40 000 THINGS all laying about.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i mostly keep stuff in drawers but i also have salt & pepper & sugar & butter things on the counter and also some oils & vinegars and such

matti
Mar 31, 2019

what happens i imagine is you start off putting stuff in kitchen drawers and at some point you never find anything in them and start keeping useful utensils on the counter and every few years look through the drawers and throw everything in them away

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You can just not smoke weed and always find everything because you put it where it belongs?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

3D Megadoodoo posted:

always find everything because you put it where it belongs?

hahahahahaha, classic

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

most stuff in drawers, a big pot of spatulas, spoons, tongs, and other stuff by the stove.

Apr 7, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Does no-one else ITT have fuken drawers in their kitchen?

My drawers are full of more spatulas

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
gently caress drawers

eventually just going to have open shelves in the kitchen where i can see poo poo

if i can't see it i can barely remember where it is

it takes me months to stop opening the wrong cupboard if something is moved

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My drawers are full of more spatulas

OK I'll update the YOSPOS_UNDERWEAR_SITUATION.XLSX

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
i had a pretty good run lately of feelin fine but then my babby wanted to walk a lot more and hunching over to hold hands while the little monster laughs and drags me around the house has done an extreme number on my lower back. heating pads are nice

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

i had a pretty good run lately of feelin fine but then my babby wanted to walk a lot more and hunching over to hold hands while the little monster laughs and drags me around the house has done an extreme number on my lower back. heating pads are nice

if you aren't already doing a comprehensive stretching routine as well as lower back and core strengthening exercises can really help with this

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don’t know if I’ve ever done a comprehensive stretching thingee

any recommended youtube’s

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

tbh i just subscribed to the digital peloton app because the classes are good and it motivates me to bike and get on the treadmill several times a week. the stretching has been a good bonus.

i don't know about stretching per se but yoga with adriene is really good

https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

she's very conscious about getting toward the woo side of things and is pretty down to earth for a yogaperson. i like her and she's got tons of stuff like 30-day programs to do

but like i run more than ever now (not a ton like a real runner but a lot for me) and despite this my knee pain is much reduced and my back pain is totally gone

and like five years ago my back pain was so bad car rides were basically torture

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

mediaphage posted:

if you aren't already doing a comprehensive stretching routine as well as lower back and core strengthening exercises can really help with this

me and my partner usually have a lifting routine (m/w/f deadlift/bench/squat) with yoga in between and accessory works and stuff.

this was fine until it wasn’t and time somehow just vanished and now my body is reverting to its original blob state, complete with round back

edit: yoga with Adrienne is legit

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

an extinguisher (shaped like an amusing duck)
how amusing a duck we talkin

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

askin the real questions

Apr 7, 2003

echinopsis posted:

goatse.cx

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Kenny Logins posted:

https://youtu.be/0WyWWAgtjYc

*gonk*

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Kenny Logins posted:

it cusses like donald duck while youre trying to put out the kitchen fire

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

hahahahahahaha

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.

mediaphage posted:

it takes me months to stop opening the wrong cupboard if something is moved
buy a labelmaker, live your best "clear up a few things around here" Far Side life

quote:

eventually just going to have open shelves in the kitchen where i can see poo poo

if i can't see it i can barely remember where it is

or, buy a cheap wire rack off of the Bezosplex. I recently reorganized my kitchen and moved a bunch of pantry items and bulky appliances, including the counter-real-estate-thieving bowl-lift kitchenaid, to one.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

is true :stwoon:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

this is legit a million dollar idea lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

im still laughing about it

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nevergirls posted:

buy a labelmaker, live your best "clear up a few things around here" Far Side life

or, buy a cheap wire rack off of the Bezosplex. I recently reorganized my kitchen and moved a bunch of pantry items and bulky appliances, including the counter-real-estate-thieving bowl-lift kitchenaid, to one.

yeah im not really allowed to do that just flat out on the kitchen cupboards. eventually what i want to do is full on open wall-mounted shelving with a fancy curtain that pulls across when i'm not actually cooking

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

a fun fact is you can use dry erase marker on any glass cabinet doors you might have, and sharpie marks come off stainless steel really well with acetone/nail polish remover

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
a curtain in the kitchen that you can pull to the side sounds nice compared to having a dozen cabinets open at the same time.

but it also sounds like hell to wipe up splatters.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Just eat Soylent

matti
Mar 31, 2019

rotor posted:

im still laughing about it

government regulation is obstructing the billion dollar comedy fire alarm business

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

help im dying

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui5b3Otavyo

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the only design flaw is that it functions about as well as donald and only makes the fire worse

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i call them “flappy slappers”

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean what can i say? out of all the yosposters you're the one that we can actually accuse of raisin' cain

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Jonny 290 posted:

i mean what can i say? out of all the yosposters you're the one that we can actually accuse of raisin' cain

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

a fun fact is you can use dry erase marker on any glass cabinet doors you might have, and sharpie marks come off stainless steel really well with acetone/nail polish remover

yeah i don't want big labels all over the kitchen though which is the point

EIDE Van Hagar posted:

a curtain in the kitchen that you can pull to the side sounds nice compared to having a dozen cabinets open at the same time.

but it also sounds like hell to wipe up splatters.

if i get a chance to re-do it i'm going to put the cook surface in an island, which will be large and the only countertop. the shelving will be along the wall and splatters aren't really going to be an issue.

which i'm not really worried about anyway, thats what washing machines are for