Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Wellington season 3 has been really strong so far, better than season 2 by my estimation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

"You're all under arrest, alright? For assault, public disruption, shark attacks, and public urination by proxy."

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Man Australian advertisements are weird. They like have some guy on that tells you why you should buy this thing and it'll be useful for you. It's not like American ads that directly assault your id and make no effort to be intelligible to the superego.

Forum Joe
Jun 8, 2001

Every day I'm shuffling!

Ask me about Tasmania!

Arglebargle III posted:

Man Australian advertisements are weird. They like have some guy on that tells you why you should buy this thing and it'll be useful for you. It's not like American ads that directly assault your id and make no effort to be intelligible to the superego.

Trust me as an Australian, there are still plenty of ads that directly assault your id and make no effort to be intelligible to the superego.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

Forum Joe posted:

Trust me as an Australian, there are still plenty of ads that directly assault your id and make no effort to be intelligible to the superego.

Stoner Sloth was the best commercial of all time and it inspired me forever... to be high.

Curious since you guys are talking VPNs do any of you know a way to put one on my shiny new XBox One Series X other than connect it up to my computer or router w/ vpn? Mainly just wish there was an XboX app with a quick country toggle so I could easily switch countries to vary the content I watch while I'm being lazy.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Another great episode! Also note that the fake newspaper headlines in the opening credits are different every episode, I only just realised recently.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Doom2020! posted:

Stoner Sloth was the best commercial of all time and it inspired me forever... to be high.

Curious since you guys are talking VPNs do any of you know a way to put one on my shiny new XBox One Series X other than connect it up to my computer or router w/ vpn? Mainly just wish there was an XboX app with a quick country toggle so I could easily switch countries to vary the content I watch while I'm being lazy.

I'm pretty sure that kind of stuff needs to be done through the router.

I'd love to be wrong about this, though!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Doom2020! posted:

I'm not sure why they thought "Smoking weed will make you like one of the cutest animals in the world" would put people off drugs.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/stat...mber%3D928pti19

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"OK so you just described every guy in Wellington." :laffo:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The constant "Lost Glasses Traveler Man" corrections were fantastic :allears:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

If there's anything I'm here for, it's a solid burn against Hamilton because it's a loving awful place.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Parker's quest to rent a room from every suspect and witness they encounter is very funny.

I liked the Australian ad for Melbourne that's like "There's so much to do in Melbourne! We have... a museum! Restaurants! Movie theaters! A river! A park?"

Arglebargle III fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 20, 2021

Just Chamber
Feb 10, 2014

WE MUST RETURN TO THE DANCE! THE NIGHT IS OURS!

Maaka really likes his crayons

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Not to be an rear end, but I'm wondering if you guys can make a different thread for Wellington or throw the references in spoilers. I've never seen it and plan to once a streaming platform gets the rights.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'll make sure to use spoiler tags from now on, sorry Superrodan

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Superrodan posted:

Not to be an rear end, but I'm wondering if you guys can make a different thread for Wellington or throw the references in spoilers. I've never seen it and plan to once a streaming platform gets the rights.

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1373353559270453249?s=20

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

This is fantastic news.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Superrodan posted:

This is fantastic news.

It is. It might not be as laugh a minute as WWDitS, but I love that all three lead characters are different types of slow thinkers. The subtle stupidity gets me every time.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I hope this means its coming to Canada too

e:

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1373354481371340800

:smith:

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Mar 21, 2021

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

Just Chamber posted:

Maaka really likes his crayons

he really does

"I put 'Maaka' on the side, in marker!"

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I keep thinking there is what we do in the shadows news but this thread is now about another show?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Orange Carlisle posted:

I keep thinking there is what we do in the shadows news but this thread is now about another show?

It's a spin-off of the original movie starring the cops that came to investigate. It's pretty good!

Also Nick turns up in one episode, as well as the leading of the werewolves (not swearwolves)

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

gently caress yes! I was getting pissed about all the spoiler poo poo too

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Here you go, now you no longer have to go through what the rest of the world does when the US talks about stuff that's only aired there.

https://twitter.com/AJemaineClement/status/1374769647556255746?s=20

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Hell yeah. I was worried it would go to Paramount+ or something. Pumped to binge it all.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

feedmyleg posted:

Hell yeah. I was worried it would go to Paramount+ or something. Pumped to binge it all.

You can't binge. It airs on CW with 1 ep a week - and then the ep goes live on streaming services the day after it airs.

edit: Well I guess you could wait and binge it all. But who the gently caress would do that?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I've waited this long, I can wait a bit longer.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
UK news!

https://twitter.com/ajemaineclement/status/1371405328282128391

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

BonoMan posted:

You can't binge. It airs on CW with 1 ep a week - and then the ep goes live on streaming services the day after it airs.

edit: Well I guess you could wait and binge it all. But who the gently caress would do that?

This is not at all one of those shows that has been made with an intent to export it, it's VERY New Zealand focused. I would think most Americans would need subtitles to understand the basic dialogue, never mind the actual slang and local references. Hopefully it does well on HBO Max, I can't see it lasting long on broadcast.

BrotherJayne
Nov 28, 2019

I'm a spastic autist, and had zero issues understanding.

BUT

We do watch with subtitles, cuz I don't hear so well

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Norwegian Rudo posted:

This is not at all one of those shows that has been made with an intent to export it, it's VERY New Zealand focused. I would think most Americans would need subtitles to understand the basic dialogue, never mind the actual slang and local references. Hopefully it does well on HBO Max, I can't see it lasting long on broadcast.

I've heard New Zealanders confuse each other with their penchant for picking vowels at random, so yeah as an American I don't feel bad about putting on subtitles. Plus, I'd never figure out the place names otherwise.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Norwegian Rudo posted:

CW needs something to slot in between 12 bad DC shows and Riverdale.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There are DC shows?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drat the new one with electricity hands! was dynamite

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Arglebargle III posted:

There are DC shows?

It's the only constant.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

I think binging Wellington Paranormal would make it get old pretty fast. It's not a deep or lore-focused show, the characters have zero depth, it's just a bunch of poo poo NZ cops dealing with the paranormal in the same way they deal with everything else. It's great on a weekly basis.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How are they poo poo

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

How are they poo poo

They never really arrest or stop in any meaningful way anything they run into it's pretty great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

They never really arrest or stop in any meaningful way anything they run into it's pretty great

There's a scene a couple of weeks back where they rush off to deal with something and the victims of the monster basically stand there for a few moments and go,"....they didn't actually help us at all....." and it absolutely killed me :allears:

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 25, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I think binging Wellington Paranormal would make it get old pretty fast. It's not a deep or lore-focused show, the characters have zero depth, it's just a bunch of poo poo NZ cops dealing with the paranormal in the same way they deal with everything else. It's great on a weekly basis.

This is true, I watched it pretty intensely and burned out in season two pretty hard. It's not like WWDITY, the basic plot of every episode is pretty much exactly the same, just the details change.

Once weekly seems like the perfect rate to me