Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Ok Comboomer posted:

my big big can of roasted peanuts has been a lovely friend over the past——4 months

That’s honestly pretty good self control. It would probably last me less than a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
We blew through a sack of trail mix so fast this time last year. I’m a sucker for chocolate and raisins.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

david_a posted:

That’s honestly pretty good self control. It would probably last me less than a month.

many other snacks and six jars of peanut butter have come and gone in that time, I can’t eat 57 servings of peanuts that fast and not go nuts

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I like the kirkland trail mix but I do find it a tad too salty.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Coredump posted:

Why the hell did I buy that big rear end bag of smokehouse almonds. 45 servings!

My store has that same size bag of spicy dill flavored almonds and I don't regret it one bit, they're loving delicious.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
trail mix is crack to me. the one with dehydrated fruit and chocolate bits. sometimes i grab one those generic bags from a gas station and just inhale it. no way i could have a giant thing of it from Costco in my house.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Chinatown posted:

trail mix is crack to me. the one with dehydrated fruit and chocolate bits. sometimes i grab one those generic bags from a gas station and just inhale it. no way i could have a giant thing of it from Costco in my house.

Not sure if it would help, but in addition to the giant sack of Kirkland trail mix, they also sell a box filled with snack sized servings.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That's the one I got. Trail mix is deceiving. 1 of those little packs is like 300+ calories.

They're good though.

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

I got the costco food court set of dog toys and can't stop laughing when our lab brings me the toy costco card to trade for her dinner. Well worth the $25 to buy online.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

I got the costco food court set of dog toys and can't stop laughing when our lab brings me the toy costco card to trade for her dinner. Well worth the $25 to buy online.

"Sorry girl, this line is cash only. Order at the kiosk and wait for your number to be called"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Trastion posted:

I basically do the same as this article but I have been experimenting with different sauces at the end. Last time I made some with a Thai Peanut Sauce on them. Those were really good. I have 4 racks that fit in my smoker when I do them so typically 2 racks are something I did before and liked and 2 new flavors to try.

And last time Costco had the Pork Belly on sale I grabbed 2 and smoked one while I cubed the other and froze it pre-cubed. I think I will thaw it for smoking this weekend...

Get a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker. They are easy to use and only cost about $150-300 depending on Model/size. Basically set it and forget it unlike charcoal smokers that you have to fiddle with constantly. Or get one of the Pellet smokers the CO sells now. They are way more expensive tho. Buy a MES first and then upgrade later if you want. I still use a MES 40" though. No need to upgrade for me and I have a freezer full of smoked meats all year round.

Slow Smoking Meat Thread for anyone interested.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3460953

Yeah I have a MES too. You can’t beat charcoal smokers for flavor but electric is still really great and 10x easier.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

There’s a great electric smoker thread in GBS right now in fact.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat that frozen orange chicken really is good. The 2 bags are pretty huge for an individual but it keeps great for leftovers too. I got a rice cooker recently and it's awesome to have a dinner costing like $2.50 that I'm really excited about.

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

this is adorable :3:

im not a fan of how breaded the orange chicken is. i like the barely breaded chicken or whatever it’s called and make my own orange sauce. the orange chicken kit is super easy to make, though, and my husband is happy to eat any kind of orange chicken, hella breaded or not.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Orvin posted:

Not sure if it would help, but in addition to the giant sack of Kirkland trail mix, they also sell a box filled with snack sized servings.

I recent bought a box of 52 assorted kirkland snacks. It included packs of peanuts, cashews, almonds, trail mix, granola bars, the dark chocolate nut bars, dried blue berries, and some other stuff I cant remember.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Orvin posted:

These are absolutely wonderful for when you're out and about camping/hiking/biking/etc

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

FORUMS USER 1135 posted:

Watching my little dude thrash around the drink cup is something I'll never get tired of.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Martman posted:

drat that frozen orange chicken really is good. The 2 bags are pretty huge for an individual but it keeps great for leftovers too. I got a rice cooker recently and it's awesome to have a dinner costing like $2.50 that I'm really excited about.

GF and I love it. Slice a few of the costco sweet peppers and an onion into the orange sauce and simmer it for a few minutes, for that extra star.

And also get the Mini Wontons, boil them in some Kirkland Chicken Broth for 10 minutes, and you have a kickass soup for the side. Bonus points if you boil a Costco Roast Chicken carcass and make your own broth.

The pot stickers are also a legit side dish.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

bird with big dick posted:

There’s a great electric smoker thread in GBS right now in fact.

Is it this one? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959168

Reading the OP and first few posts it doesn't seem like it but maybe it does a 180 somewhere.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I haven't seen those giant bags of rice cracker mix at Costco for a while, which is probably good for my waistline.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

sexy tiger boobs posted:

My store has that same size bag of spicy dill flavored almonds and I don't regret it one bit, they're loving delicious.

I'm now performing an experiment to see how long a goon can sustain themself purely off of almonds.

AuroMarshmallow
Jan 21, 2007

If theres anything a werewolf hates, it's a vampire- especially dumbass vampires

My wife has a tree nut allergy but peanuts are okay, so our approach to a budged friendly trail mix has been buying a can of kirkland peanuts and the big bag of ocean spray craisins, and mixing them together as necessary. It's pretty good!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Orvin posted:

Those look great. *proceeds to eat 4 packs after dinner*

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2021/03/10/costco-cheese-shortage-due-shipping-container-shortage/6944437002/

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Orvin posted:

Those are so good, and like all good Kirkland products it's bigger than the standard trail mix bags.

I bought the pack of Power up packets and they are better, but smaller.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Martman posted:

We love it too. Super easy to toss in some Normandy veggies in the oven too.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

AuroMarshmallow posted:

My wife has a tree nut allergy but peanuts are okay, so our approach to a budged friendly trail mix has been buying a can of kirkland peanuts and the big bag of ocean spray craisins, and mixing them together as necessary. It's pretty good!

We got this (enormous, obvs) sack of NatureChoice Salad Topper at Costco a little while ago that's craisins and sunflower/pumpkin seeds tossed (blessed, more likely. It hardly seems present) with a little tahini. It's good on salads. My wife loves it with a little greek yogurt in the morning. I've been known to pop some in my gob while cooking.

There's a warning it MIGHT contain tree nuts, so that might be a no-go for your wife.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I got the honey roasted macadamias today, these things better be the crack cocaine this thread promised me.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Ror posted:

I got the honey roasted macadamias today, these things better be the crack cocaine this thread promised me.

They taste like honey roasted peanuts you spent an extra six dollars on

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Anything good in the mailer anyone is getting?

I just ran through it again and saw they have a 3 piece T-FAL fry pan set for $19.99. My current T-FAL pans are 6 years old and my main one isn't very non-stick anymore. Big one is fine, little one is starting to go. $20 for 3 pans sounds like a steal.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Winx air purifier w/ 2yrs worth of filters is back on sale for $99, good if you're in an area prone to wildfires or just poo poo air as usual.
https://www.costco.com/.product.100662892.html

Scotts Turf Builder/Weed and Feed is a killer deal as well if you're a lawncare person.
https://www.costco.com/scotts-turf-builder-weed-%2526-feed-40-lb.product.100571133.html

LG CordZero corldless vacuum is on sale for $150 off. Arguably better than the Dyson, comes with the fluffy head attachment and two swappable batteries.
https://www.costco.com/.product.100432890.html

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Oh I didn't notice the weed and feed. Putting that on my list.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Weed and feed are my two favorite activities after a costco run

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AWarmBody posted:

Weed and feed are my two favorite activities after a costco run

:boom:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 09:44 on Mar 13, 2021

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Anything good in the mailer anyone is getting?

I just ran through it again and saw they have a 3 piece T-FAL fry pan set for $19.99. My current T-FAL pans are 6 years old and my main one isn't very non-stick anymore. Big one is fine, little one is starting to go. $20 for 3 pans sounds like a steal.

I'm going for the Pirate's Booty and Teton Polish dogs. Maybe those pans too, I'll have to think about it.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

Holy poo poo where is this?

...Actually never mind I'd probably better not tell my boba-loving girlfriend.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
Probably a regional thing, but in the PNW Costco is selling lil landjaegers by Bavarian Meats (out of Seattle). They’re short, stout little dried sausages. Subtle flavor, but delicious. I’d love it if they had a spicier version.

Serving size is two! I aspirationally put two in my flannel pocket, take maybe three steps and they’re both gone.

Uncle Lizard
Sep 28, 2012

by Athanatos

fischtick posted:

Probably a regional thing, but in the PNW Costco is selling lil landjaegers by Bavarian Meats (out of Seattle). They’re short, stout little dried sausages. Subtle flavor, but delicious. I’d love it if they had a spicier version.

Serving size is two! I aspirationally put two in my flannel pocket, take maybe three steps and they’re both gone.

Bavarian Meats is the poo poo! If anyone has the chance to eat the "Smokin' Hot Cheese," eat it. It might be one of the best things I have ever eaten on the planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

jeeves posted:

Holy poo poo where is this?

...Actually never mind I'd probably better not tell my boba-loving girlfriend.

Australia