Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Biscuit can take comfort in knowing that he is slightly warmer right now and has this new, funny-smelling coat and a family!

Not gonna knock it if it works. Sorry you lost the other little guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Biscuit is doing really well with his new sheep family! I'm just so happy that worked out :kimchi:

Taking a break from lambing to celebrate Major's birthday

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Happy birthday Major!

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Biscuit is doing really well with his new sheep family! I'm just so happy that worked out :kimchi:

Taking a break from lambing to celebrate Major's birthday

Gonna need to come up with a thematically matching name for his adoptive brother

Also is Major getting a piece of that cake or are you just showing him a people cake?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

drrockso20 posted:

Also is Major getting a piece of that cake or are you just showing him a people cake?

Also the traditional birthday burg

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

drrockso20 posted:

Gonna need to come up with a thematically matching name for his adoptive brother

Depends on what kind of biscuit we're talking about here. English Biscuit::Tea, American Biscuit::Gravy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

drrockso20 posted:

I vote for either "Cookie" or "Cracker".

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Ashter?

I like Tea, too. Gravy less so...

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Today is most of their actual due dates but so far only Wendigo has been prompt.

Spent an hour or two watching her progress but after she just passed a small water bag I decided I needed to go fishing

When I went in I thought I felt a side, which is extremely scary, but after some blind groping I came out with a tail, which is slightly less scary. With true breech lambs there's a risk of them inhaling fluids in the birth canal, as they instinctively start breathing as the umbilical cord is pinched and broken. Luckily Wendigo is both a big ewe and one who has lambed many times before so I could get my hand up and grab him by the pelvis to get him out real quick. He was very goopy and not breathing so I jammed a piece of straw up his nose and rubbed him real hard until he did a big sneeze and started baaing in protest.

After he was sure I wanted to live, I checked again just in time for Wendigo to deliver a big giant ewe lamb! She was coming out correctly and just needed a good rub after being stressed from the ram gumming up the works.

Fluffy Bunnies had said Wendigo was going to have two rams and a ewe so I messaged her that it was just twins then turned around to see more pushing. Back in I went and felt another head but no legs coming. At this point things were basically a slip n slide so it was very easy to pull the lamb anyway and we had another girl. Had to go back and tell Fluffy Bunnies she was still wrong but there were actually 3 of them.

Ram, he's 2 horned. 6 lbs 9 oz

Ewe One, 6 lbs 13 oz

Ewe Two, 6 lbs 4 oz

They all have bright blue eyes :kimchi:

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

Happy Belated Birthday Major! Good job Wendigo!

Welcome to the world littles, and good luck to the rest of them. I'm sure you have a very busy couple of days coming up.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Today is most of their actual due dates but so far only Wendigo has been prompt.

Spent an hour or two watching her progress but after she just passed a small water bag I decided I needed to go fishing

I misunderstood this at first and thought you meant that literally. "Well, this is gonna take a while, I am headed to the fishing pond with the dogs. Call me when you're done!"

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Nope, sheep breeding is more hands on than you'd expect.

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Yay lambs! :neckbeard:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Kwyndig posted:

Nope, sheep breeding is more hands on than you'd expect.

I spend lambing week extremely goopy :barf:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Still waiting on the rest of the ewes. After a grope check at feeding tonight we still have 6 jacobs, a cormo, and a romeldale that should be lambing this week then at least one jacob due in a month.

Just because there haven't been new lambs doesn't mean things haven't been exciting! The ram from the triplets managed to climb into a hay feeder and turned his leg into a pretzel falling out of the hay feeder. His femur is busted but he's so young there's a good chance he'll heal ok. He's in a sling and hopping around just fine now. I got him pastel rainbow vet wrap.

There's rain rolling in and that will sometimes get ewes to pop so maybe more lambs tonight?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

So Mr. Rainbow Wrap is now Sherbet or something similar, right?

Edit: Wanderer is a good name! Especially since it got him into a pickle. Hopefully he heals up alright.

Chaosfeather fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 12, 2021

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Chaosfeather posted:

So Mr. Rainbow Wrap is now Sherbet or something similar, right?

Someone suggested Wanderer before The Incident and that seemed to cement it. The jacobs are being named after rose varieties this year and I'm trying to keep the first letters the same as the first letter of their mom's name, which is a challenge when Wendigo has three lambs (and you have two sheep with W names, Woodrose will get S for her flock name). These guys will be Waltz, Wanderer, and Wildfire.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Did you pick a name for Biscuit's adoptive brother yet?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Did you pick a name for Biscuit's adoptive brother yet?

Not yet, my list of A rose names is: Acapella, Alain, Alberic, Applejack and Arthur Bell. I'm leaning towards Alberic

Cormo lamb overnight, a ewe! Her floppy ears are extremely cute :kimchi:

She'll probably be Pavlova or Strudel.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Not yet, my list of A rose names is: Acapella, Alain, Alberic, Applejack and Arthur Bell. I'm leaning towards Alberic

Strudel is such a great cuddle-name. "Aww, my little Strudel, who's the best little lamb? It is YOOOOO".

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

A literal black sheep!

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

That face. :3:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Daphne had a nice ewe lamb today!

Indigo looks kind of like her belly has dropped, Betty is a sphere, the 2 year olds are just chilling like nothing is happening.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Daphne had a nice ewe lamb today!

Indigo looks kind of like her belly has dropped, Betty is a sphere, the 2 year olds are just chilling like nothing is happening.

What a pretty little girl!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That's a Strudel if I ever saw one. She's too drat sweet to not be Strudel.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Breakfast lambs for two of the first-timers.

Mariposa had a nice little ewe

Kiwi had a flashy, splashy little ram

They both are being good mommas so far but have been jugged up (put in a small pen) with their lambs to help them chill out and bond properly.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

These guys will be Waltz, Wanderer, and Wildfire.

My family had a cow called Waltz. :3: Her daughters were Foxtrot and Jazz.

This thread is the best, really excited to see all the new kids.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Sitting around waiting for big Betty to get serious about pushing. She's as big as a house and I'm wondering if she's going to have triplets like her sister or just massive twins.

Here's biccy boy from this morning being adorable :3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmJ9Fh1Tz5Q

vvv Yeah, he's graduated from his caveman shirt and his foster mom has completely accepted him. vvv

Instant Jellyfish fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Mar 14, 2021

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

So he doesn’t need a coat anymore? Adoptive mama fine with him?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Here's hoping for two healthy lambs!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Betty is still holding out but Indigo had this mustachioed young man.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What a handsome ram!

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Forgot to post Betty's lambs. I thought for sure she would have triplets but instead she just had giant twins. They're each 7 lbs 12 oz the, light one is a ram and the dark one is a ewe.

Those horn buds are massive! He's going to be a fused 4 horn I think, which means he technically has 4 horns but they're close enough that they'll fuse together and look like 2 horns.

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Speaking of giant lambs

Dang, that's a big lamb. 11 lbs 10 oz!

He's half merino, half cvm/romeldale, half ears

:kimchi:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
That's a big baby :stare:. Is he likely to continue to grow into an absolute unit of a Ram, or will his size taper out to something average as he gets full-grown?

Chaosfeather
Nov 4, 2008

I can't handle those ears :allears:

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

He is absolutely adorable! :kimchi:

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Ears you say?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That's a big baby :stare:. Is he likely to continue to grow into an absolute unit of a Ram, or will his size taper out to something average as he gets full-grown?

He's going to be a big boy. Probably around 200 lbs?

Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

Last lamb for a while. 8 lb 2 oz ewe from first-timer, Pistachio.

Biscuit was born on day 142 of gestation, this girl was born on day 152. Those 10 days add a lot of mass to a lamb!

Very excited to sleep through the night again! I've been supplementing the triplets but otherwise, everyone has been taking care of their own babies which is all I really ask of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

He's going to be a big boy. Probably around 200 lbs?

Yes, but will he grow into those ears?