Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Poque posted:

I'm getting extreme deja vu, wasn't there another Knicks story similar to this within the past few years?

flat top desperately needs a comeback

Sir that top looks barren

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
I'm curious to see if the Raptors end up using this plague-assisted losing streak as an excuse to trade Lowry, trade Powell, and basically pack it in on the season. It's probably hard to do that well because you really want to see what VanVleet, Siakam, and Anunoby can do together. And while a team with only them and Chris Boucher is clearly not good, they're also probably not bad enough to really tank it out.

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
I missed ringer chat but KOC sounds like the sports reporter on a high school morning announcement news team, he has zero insight and no sources. Chris Vernon is somehow worse. Same with Tjarks. No idea how they are so bad at finding basketball fans.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

JackBandit posted:

I missed ringer chat but KOC sounds like the sports reporter on a high school morning announcement news team, he has zero insight and no sources. Chris Vernon is somehow worse. Same with Tjarks. No idea how they are so bad at finding basketball fans.

I scaled my podcast listening way back a couple months ago, and one of the cuts were most of the ringer podcasts.

I haven't missed them, except kinda the baseball show, but that came out like once a month and effectively wild is top 2 for GOAT sports podcasts, not just baseball.

EDIT: ringer baseball hasn't had an episode since November 4th

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KOCs fake laugh is the worst.

Vernon is a small market sports radio guy with 80 year old white grandpa opinions

I don’t listen.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Apparently Pelicans have given the Wolves a quarter of their wins this season.

Shameful.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

JackBandit posted:

they're 76ers fans 1st, the basketball is only an accident

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Russilo has an excellent radio voice and I listen to him sometimes just for that. He’s a bit of a tool

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tae posted:

they're 76ers fans 1st, the basketball is only an accident

Are you drunk?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I scaled my podcast listening way back a couple months ago, and one of the cuts were most of the ringer podcasts.

I haven't missed them, except kinda the baseball show, but that came out like once a month and effectively wild is top 2 for GOAT sports podcasts, not just baseball.

EDIT: ringer baseball hasn't had an episode since November 4th

probably about 12 months ago, I'd guess?

Chris Vernon seems like a local AM guy except not a bigot, and the kid in me that grew up listening to AM radio really likes that guy. KOC is trying to be that guy but it feels more forced and fake and off putting. I would rather trepanate myself than listen to Ryen/Bill/the rest of them talk about the NBA.

The Ringer not really paying attention to baseball is a blessing. Did you really want to hear what Ryen and Bill thought about Mookie Betts?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

after tonight's humiliating loss to the sixers, i am going to listen to 9 hours of sixers podcasts, i will report back with 37 implausible trade scenarios

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1370229359857053700?s=19

I hope they send pj to a good home

Edit: he's looked pretty old this year. Maybe he's been disengaged since harden left but he isn't the tucker of 2-3 seasons ago. Could be useful ~veteran bench player~ but wouldn't expect him to give anyone a ton

Really he should just go to brooklyn

G-Hawk fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Mar 12, 2021

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Timberwolves Basketball: we don't know what to do with wins, what happens next?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Rd mangles :

Lauri looked very good on offense tonight

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Hand Knit posted:

I'm curious to see if the Raptors end up using this plague-assisted losing streak as an excuse to trade Lowry, trade Powell, and basically pack it in on the season. It's probably hard to do that well because you really want to see what VanVleet, Siakam, and Anunoby can do together. And while a team with only them and Chris Boucher is clearly not good, they're also probably not bad enough to really tank it out.

The twitter level of basketball rumors were stating that Lowry is telling everyone he meets that he's gone and the deal is just waiting to close.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

uhh ok

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

morestuff posted:

The Knicks going from one of the easiest schedules in the first half to one of the hardest in the second half is going to be very funny
Here now with more on this developing story, the Milwaukee Trucks Bucks

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
14 pts 8 reb 3 ast 2 blk

Poku fills the sheet

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Add Naz Reid to that graphic and behold the Pels defense.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Isentropy posted:

probably about 12 months ago, I'd guess?

nope, it was December, I think. I used to be subscribed to 60-70 of them, listening for hours each day at the max speed overcast would let me. it was overwhelming and not healthy. I'm down to 15 now.

Isentropy posted:

The Ringer not really paying attention to baseball is a blessing. Did you really want to hear what Ryen and Bill thought about Mookie Betts?

I enjoy listening to them because they're unabashed New England homers. Simmons has bad rich person views and Russillo's "I voted for tax purposes" still rankles, but I admire their dedication to my favorite teams.

I can't imagine listening to them if I wasn't a New England sports fan, that is a special brand of masochism.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

That's why they got washed.

euphronius posted:

Rd mangles :

Lauri looked very good on offense tonight

An utter Sieve on defense tho.

Weird how they'd been playing better defense when Lauri was out, he comes back and suddenly they allow like 500 points in the paint.

FUCK COREY PERRY
Apr 19, 2008

Hand Knit posted:

I have no idea what the proper play is for the Raps with Powell at this point. He's probably getting ~$60m/4y (probably more) this offseason from someone and that's fair for his prime years as a bench bucket getter who's a positive defender, but that probably shouldn't be the Raptors as it'd basically lock in their core moving forward as Van Vleet - Powell - Anunoby - Siakam - ??? and that's, well, the low-seed playoff team we're seeing this year. But it's not like letting him walk puts them in any better situation.

lol whatevs 2019 champs bayBEE

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1370251013429600256

Peej out.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Tucker and Gordon for Aldridge, who says no? /Simmons

E: VV LOL good point, adjusted.

anakha fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Mar 12, 2021

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

anakha posted:

Tucker for Aldridge, who says no? /Simmons

NBA trade machine

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

I wish the Rockets weren't so intent on waiting until other teams know they're desperate before trading players

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Kibner posted:

lol the Pels are awful. No purpose, no passion, no pride.

Your posting allies in Detroit understand your pain. We have been there. Shout it loud, "Mr. Van Gundy, tear down this wall."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Metapod posted:

14 pts 8 reb 3 ast 2 blk

Poku fills the sheet

that's right

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Dexo posted:

That's why they got washed.

An utter Sieve on defense tho.

Weird how they'd been playing better defense when Lauri was out, he comes back and suddenly they allow like 500 points in the paint.

There was a lot of highlights of Lauri getting dunked on that is for sure

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Vinestalk posted:

Your posting allies in Detroit understand your pain. We have been there. Shout it loud, "Mr. Van Gundy, tear down this wall."

It's not even him, tbh. They were like this last season under Gentry. Hell, this kind of unmotivated play goes back to like the AD rookie contract era.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius posted:

There was a lot of highlights of Lauri getting dunked on that is for sure

Tobias was easily getting to his spots whenever he had Lauri on him too

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

I wish the Rockets weren't so intent on waiting until other teams know they're desperate before trading players

I dont think they were getting much anyway

I hope tucker oladipo and gordon are gone by the deadline

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Who on earth is trading for that eric gordon contract

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who on earth is trading for that eric gordon contract

I forgot how long it is, fml

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
excited to see where PJ goes, I imagine him hopping into a giant sneaker and floating across a map of the US

Senator Drinksalot
Apr 30, 2013

Kiss me up, touch me, fuckin' rock my world holmes, I don't care
Hopefully to Denver, he will go a long way towards replacing Grant's defensive contributions.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
pj has looked real bad this year

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

pj has looked real bad this year

He's 35 and might be done but "Maybe anybody would be better if they weren't in Houston for the 2021 season" isn't the worst bet in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
oh I think contenders should be trying to get him as like a buyout guy but if houston wants a real pick or player for him that is a hard pass