Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I keep thinking if I had just parked closer to the store, this would not have happened.

But then if I parked right up at the front of the store, better chance someone would have seen it. Or perhaps not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokkaido Anxiety
May 21, 2007

slub club 2013

Cowslips Warren posted:

I keep thinking if I had just parked closer to the store, this would not have happened.

But then if I parked right up at the front of the store, better chance someone would have seen it. Or perhaps not.

Someone rolls through our office park a few times a year and snatches a bunch of catalytic converters. Roll under the vehicle, cut it out, on to the next one. Low chance that anybody would have seen.

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Have had a splitting headache this entire shift. On break right now and trying not to just lay down and die.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Did my taxes. I always hate doing them even though they seem simple enough, but I am always paranoid I hosed something up and the IRS will audit me and find something I hosed up on years ago and I'll end up owing them a ton of money. I wasn't on unemployment last year but somehow my refund came out more? I mean I made about 2k more but the refund shouldn't be 1k more, right?

Car in shop still. The weather is great, I can walk all over, but I have a blister on my heel from walking to work the past few days, and somehow just lacking my car is making me tear up and not want to leave bed. Of course my period probably has something to do with that.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

One of the fans inside my laptop is busted and now I have to dismantle the whole loving thing to clean the fans and hope it was just dirty and not broken!! :argh:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Accidentially stepped on my cats paw and it was bad enough we had to go the vet. Seems fine now at least, and gets painkiller just in case.

I sprained something in my neck and it hurts like hell too.... Also on painkillers but I need something stronger...

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I have two six-day weeks with a single day off between them, and the new people haven't yet been trained on how to set things up so that's another list of things I have to do each shift. I'm so exhausted.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The free VST pack I got last week heavily implied that there was a completely free version and a paid version, but the free version was just the paid version as a trial. Now the thing I was working on is static. Maybe I'm an idiot, but the way it was worded was easily confusing for us idiots :smith:

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

Accidentially stepped on my cats paw and it was bad enough we had to go the vet. Seems fine now at least, and gets painkiller just in case.

I sprained something in my neck and it hurts like hell too.... Also on painkillers but I need something stronger...

Muscle relaxant like Flexeril might help more than extra painkillers.

-------------------
For myself:
Good: Scheduled my first COVID-19 vaccine shot for yesterday, Friday, so I'd have all weekend in case of side effects/symptoms, such as. . .
Bad: COVID FARTS! I forgot to go dairy-free, so, naturally, it gave me the lactose-intolerance symptom. And a mildly sore throat, but I don't need the windows open for that. At least I don't have pink eye, this time.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Something triggered allergies in me while clearing out my cupboard and I've been sniffing and headachy all day and it made playing guitar suck because a big watery snot fell on my fretboard while I was playing "Pet Sematary"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Driving for work today, and my work van got a flat tire. I mean like flat to the point you can smell burning rubber because I had to still drive about a half mile to get off the highway. I called my dispatch to let them know it was going on, and their response was that whatever orders I had on me would have to be relayed because it couldn't spare anyone to pick them up and deliver them. Still waiting for tow and it's been about 40 minutes since this happened.

and chances are the tow truck driver won't let me ride with him because of covid, even though restrictions are all but lifted in my horrible state, so I have to try and find some way to get to the discount tire for the drop off.

And of course this is after I found out we are down five drivers this week, three quit or transferred, and two are on vacation.

Waiting.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
A semi ran me off the road. I didn’t get into an accident but I’m a ball of nerves and sitting and calming down now I can feel soreness in back of my head and neck. So I’m going to hospital.

I got license plate so I’m going to report to RCMP. What a maniac.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's loving terrifying but at least you're safe. I've had that happen and it's a real am-I-gonna-die moment, sometimes semi drivers can just not see cars in blind spots and move into their lanes. Not excusing them, just that that sometimes happens. Good that you were able to get their license plate.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Captain Invictus posted:

It's loving terrifying but at least you're safe. I've had that happen and it's a real am-I-gonna-die moment, sometimes semi drivers can just not see cars in blind spots and move into their lanes. Not excusing them, just that that sometimes happens. Good that you were able to get their license plate.

Yeah, blind spots are a thing but when I jam on my horn a ton that should be a warning something is off. I laid on it and he still just shoved his rear end in.

This has proven I need a dash cam though. Then I have video evidence rather than just my word.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

That happened to me a few weeks ago but it was a young person both smoking and looking at their phone. They braked so I sped up and got in front of her and saw that she was flipping me off.

Some people are beyond reason.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

I've watched 4 different semis blow the same stop sign at full speed (50 mph) this week, I can't drive and I have to cross that street to get to work so it's a great way to scare me and piss me off at the same time.

At least do a loving rolling stop like all the other lovely drivers in this city, christ.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I cut my thumb open right through the blood vessel and nerve on the inner side of the joint, woo

It happened in the stupidest way: trying to use a ceramic Asian soup spoon to scoop rock hard ice cream. The spoon snapped and the jagged edge dug deep into my thumb. Blood gushing everywhere all over the ice cream, table and carpet

Hospital took many hours but now it’s stitched up. No damage to the tendon or bone, thankfully. The nerve might take weeks to heal so my thumb is gonna be weirdly numb for a while. It shouldn’t impede my ability to write and draw with that hand (or hold/pick up objects in general)! I was terrified about losing that, especially being able to draw, it was all I could think about on the way to hospital

I just have to keep the thing dry and wrapped up for 5 days then get the stitches out after 7 days. Gonna be annoying but it could have been a lot worse :unsmith:

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.

Hedrigall posted:

I cut my thumb open right through the blood vessel and nerve on the inner side of the joint, woo

Oh poo poo :stonk:. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery, that sucks big time.

I remember being a fresman in college and having the lab teachers yell at everyone to stop using the crystal pipette with our thumbs. One teacher that actually stopped to explain why was like "in your index fingertip, there are no tendons. Now your thumb (gestures)... guess what happens if you press the crystal with way too much force?". That was graphic enough to get everyone to stop.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Through circumstance I've had to dip my toes in a few Twitter communities made up, for lack of better term, Very Online and Very Angry people. To the point where I end up getting DMed by these people pretty regularly. To clarify, this is not something I want to do at all.

I'm posting this here because it's very depressing how many people live completely online. You see someone who presents themselves as very self-confident, funny, and it looks like they're pretty decent, but once you get to know them at all it turns out all mention of their real life activities are completely made up. Some present pictures of themselves that are either not them at all or a picture from five to ten years ago. Fake job, fake social life, fake living arrangements, the whole thing. Sometimes it's more obvious ("my girlfriend was being harassed by a bunch of rednecks and I fought all of them off and I'm still angry about it") and sometimes it's less obvious ("as a licensed counselor..." from someone who in fact lives off a grandparent's ssi) but it's all just so sad.

I have never liked social media in the first place, but dang I didn't realize so many people are more or less role-playing as functional human beings.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I geot my phone firmware update but it seems to have hosed something because now most apps refuse to open and send a message that they've stopped. I have no idea how to fix it and it's so loving frustrating. One of the apps is Gmail, I can't exactly uninstall and reinstall that one!

Plus the update moved my clock to the opposite corner of the screen and I hate it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I bought a Roach Motel (box with glue traps) on impulse, under the notion that maybe it would trap the once-a-month-maybe bug in my bedroom.

It's caught three so far.

On one hand, yay, the trap is working. On the other hand, gently caress, where are these bastards coming from? There's nothing, like, food-wise around here. I'm on the third floor. Are they escaping the cold outside? What the gently caress?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Do you live in a house or an apartment building?

If it's a house and you're immaculately clean, they're living off something else living in the house, such as mouse poop in the walls or depending on the house, maybe something like wallpaper glue or something weird like that. If it's an apartment, you're probably not the problem and you'll never be rid of them.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Also if you live in a detached house you are gonna deal with some random bug invasions you can't easily avoid.

Oh no bugs. Okay let's clean out every scrap of food, even in sealed containers, except in the fridge. Oh no more bugs. Well it sucks but let's take the opportunity to have everything reinsulated. Oh no even more bugs. We can't actually do anything about it being wetter or dryer in the house than outside so I guess we're just living in bug house for a few months.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Something I bought is missing a piece, specifically the power adapter. I wouldn't care, since I have my bodyweight in power adapters from other things, but I've heard poo poo goes pear-shaped if you use the wrong adapter for the wrong device, due to voltages and poo poo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

Something I bought is missing a piece, specifically the power adapter. I wouldn't care, since I have my bodyweight in power adapters from other things, but I've heard poo poo goes pear-shaped if you use the wrong adapter for the wrong device, due to voltages and poo poo.

The voltage/amps you need will be written by the jack. Just make sure the adaptor you use matches it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

The voltage/amps you need will be written by the jack.

Sadly, it's not. Just a USB icon. Not sure if that means I'm generally safe or not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Just found out one of my friends drank himself to death over this last year. I knew he died, but never knew how until now. Ugh.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I lost my job today.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

The reasoning behind my wrecked day is a really long story that has to do with events in the past that I've never told anyone about that culminated in the worst panic attacks I've ever had in my life happening a few months ago, but it all goes back years and is just compounded and complex trauma. Today I saw something that was extremely tragic but also brought back all those other painful memories and I can hardly handle how traumatized I feel. I wish I could shut my emotions off with a switch. I won't be sleeping tonight, but I will dissociate enough that maybe it will feel like rest. Unless I get dizzy and nauseous again like earlier this afternoon. That just makes you more tired.

I still don't even have the courage to openly say what any of it is. It's just all really loving bad and too hard to really talk about.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Picnic Princess posted:

The reasoning behind my wrecked day is a really long story that has to do with events in the past that I've never told anyone about that culminated in the worst panic attacks I've ever had in my life happening a few months ago, but it all goes back years and is just compounded and complex trauma. Today I saw something that was extremely tragic but also brought back all those other painful memories and I can hardly handle how traumatized I feel. I wish I could shut my emotions off with a switch. I won't be sleeping tonight, but I will dissociate enough that maybe it will feel like rest. Unless I get dizzy and nauseous again like earlier this afternoon. That just makes you more tired.

I still don't even have the courage to openly say what any of it is. It's just all really loving bad and too hard to really talk about.

I'm sorry about.... everything there. That sounds like it sucks. I hope you have someone in your life that you CAN talk about this sort of stuff with, like a therapist.

Sounds like your life was no picnic, princess.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I get off work in ~ an hour and then have to be back within twelve to work 8-8, same tomorrow and then a normal overnight the next day and Thursday through Saturday. I have not participated in a family holiday since taking this job. This is my seventh straight day.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

BioEnchanted posted:

Sounds like your life was no picnic, princess.

This made me smile, which I needed. Thank you :glomp:

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
I realized as I opened my duck that I had forgotten to buy an apple and 2 plums to stuff inside. Good thing I'm dining alone!

On the plus side, my plum sauce came out pretty great.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You know when you set your alarm on the weekend because you want to get up at a specific time to get some stuff done, wake up to it, then set it for an hour later, then wake up to that, then set it for an hour later, then suddenly you've blown through most of the day and don't want to get out of bed still

Sigh

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I have the opposite problem. I work nights but on the weekends I get so insanely bored that I end up going to bed early and then waking up earlier than I wanted and screwing myself over for my Monday.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
yeah same here, and I'm specifically trying NOT to screw myself over for monday, but it also means I have limited options in what to do on the weekend unless I want to force myself awake all saturday, sleep a while, stay awake longer through sunday, and then try and go to sleep at a reasonable time on monday to get back to a relatively normal sleep schedule for the following week.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Unexpected 60-hour week, cool. Cool cool cool cool. Very awesome. I don't need sleep. Neat. I am in hell.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I just realized that something I bought was supposedly delivered to my front door. Five days ago.

I really, really hope Fedex delivered it to my apartment's rental place like all packages, and didn't just leave it on my front door without telling me.

(I'm guessing no, since I went to get something earlier today and they didn't mention another package. It even says "Left at front door". Ugh.)

GoodyTwoShoes
Oct 26, 2013
In today's episode of Stupid Things Done By A Preschool, we find that someone donated a tiny bicycle with a 'horn' that is a squeaker toy! Kids love squeaker toys!

Still not as bad as the time they taught them how to make monkey noises.

(Weekends and evenings are great, naturally, as I merely have a nice view of a great playground instead of the side of another building, and the kiddies are at home.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm getting too invested in my job again. It's pretty dead-end and there is no incentive for me to do any extra work but I can't help but go full-steam into a thankless project.