Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultravoices
May 10, 2004

You are about to embark on a great journey. Are you ready, my friend?

echinopsis posted:

I see that ladies face on jars at the asian supermarket place and it cracks me up coz she’s hardly looking pleased and I wonder how many houses her face graces

she's one of the richest people in china now, so i'm sure she's feeling fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Truman Peyote posted:

I was making a chicken tagine yesterday and didn't have any harissa paste so I used a bunch of this. turned out fuckin great

interesting...

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Jonny 290 posted:

fixed your thread, it's okay now

this stuff is incredible, just spoon it onto some rice and it's delicious. the crunchy beans are great and take it up a notch.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
some good sauces in this thread. i usually keep some angry lady saus and tabasco (for coneys) around but i usually just make my own pepper sauces since we have a garden

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
i'm a basic bitch so I just have a bottle of trader joes dragon sauce. i'll add cayenne if I want anything to be seriously spicy

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

Cat Face Joe posted:

interesting...

I used this recipe in case anyone is interested. quite simple, makes the house smell great https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chicken_and_apricot_97224

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

rotor posted:

there ya go

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

pointsofdata posted:

this stuff is incredible, just spoon it onto some rice and it's delicious. the crunchy beans are great and take it up a notch.

Same, if you mix it with some soy sauce it makes for some excellent stir fry sauce. :yum:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
drizzle of chili crisp on vanilla ice cream is a rare but wonderful dessert

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

or

or mclhenny chipotle tabasco

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

this is a chili and shrimp paste. is it a sauce? I put it on burgers and its ok I spose

and this isn’t really a sauce at all, but it’s delcious on toasy

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Sambal oelek is the poo poo

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
my favorite is Secret Aardvark habanero sauce

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I like green cholula

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

:hai:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

expanding on spicy boy chat, this is my favorite hot mustard although i welcome other suggestions

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

I could eat this stuff by the spoonful. (It's probably the MSG.) We call it angry lady sauce.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m gonna buy some this arvo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonny 290 posted:

judging by the sticker at the shop this should be the same thing. here’s hoping

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
oh wow that’s the first food i’ve tried where I could tell it had msg. fuckin good tho

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

last year we went to the city where this sauce is from and picked up this spice powder and it’s absolutely incredible. i think they put drugs in it or something, ive never had a spice mixture that tasted so good

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

judging by the sticker at the shop this should be the same thing. here’s hoping

yes it’s the same. they have a few versions but you got the same one jonny posted

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

fart simpson posted:

last year we went to the city where this sauce is from and picked up this spice powder and it’s absolutely incredible. i think they put drugs in it or something, ive never had a spice mixture that tasted so good

i seriously want to evangelize this stuff but it’s impossible to find outside of a specific province in china. i can’t even buy it here in shenzhen

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

pickapeppa

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

this stuffs good too

relative_q
Sep 9, 2008

shame on a kitty who try to run game on a kitty

wu buck wild wit tha trigga

this is my everyday go-to sauce:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

this stuffs good too

lol douche bottle

selan dyin
Dec 27, 2007

this one kicks rear end, do use it regularly esp on pizza

besides that, mostly just stick to franks extra hot and el yucateco chipotle

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fart simpson posted:

im gonna check chowbus for this now but im guessing they wont have it

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

lol nope but my partner was able to buy some by texting them on wechat. game on mr. simpson

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

that’s how we buy it too. on wechat

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

add some in when you’re frying rice, that’s a pro tip

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

That stuff probably has a lot of MSG which makes it taste so good. MSG is a good thing.

I would like to try it. Does it have an English name?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

yeah it’s probably loaded with msg. i doubt it has any sort of official english name? it translates to Ms. Li Si’s Horse Chiles or something like that,李四姐马辣, and it seems like the 马辣 part is like a type of chile powder from guizhou but idk anything about it

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I'm going to combine korean chilli flakes with MSG crystals and sprinkle it on everything.

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik
the lao gan ma "chili oil w black bean" is also real good.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yeah I have the crispy chilli oil with the fried onion and small beans in it and it's v good.

In related news Today I will make a peanut butter and sambal sandwich for breakfast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

spankmeister posted:

I'm going to combine korean chilli flakes with MSG crystals and sprinkle it on everything.

I'm poor so when I have noodles I save like 3/4 or half the seasoning packet for other food lol

msg good