Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That Koe runback split was nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Way to go Bottcher!

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I'm curious why you all like bottcher so much? I feel like there's teams that play a more interesting game. Is it that he's been close but not quite there? Personality?

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

He's a nice dude and his team is a lot of fun to watch. His third has a great personality.

A lot of us (not all) are from alberta so we've seen them play a fair amount.

It's just a familiarity thing.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle

Duck Rodgers posted:

I'm curious why you all like bottcher so much? I feel like there's teams that play a more interesting game. Is it that he's been close but not quite there? Personality?

I only really got into curling a couple years ago. When I was trying to pick a team to be my favorite, bottcher was one of the young new guys, and then I noticed that he wears an iron ring. I don't wear mine anymore, but I do have one, and that's the entire arbitrary reason for me lol

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I dunno man. Just started watching the Briers a few years ago and they seemed to be a good young and up coming team.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Goddamn that shot by Epping, I guess the curling gods want to keep this match competitive

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I for one am happy that Dunnstone is smokin Bottcher

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

gret posted:

I dunno man. Just started watching the Briers a few years ago and they seemed to be a good young and up coming team.

Yeah, he was the new exciting kid and I just think he's neat.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Slung Blade posted:

He's a nice dude and his team is a lot of fun to watch. His third has a great personality.

A lot of us (not all) are from alberta so we've seen them play a fair amount.

It's just a familiarity thing.

Yeah it's this, plus they're young on the scene and they have a knack for super dramatic games

I'm friends of friends form their uni days and theyre all great guys too apparently

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I don't mind bottcher, just wondering why all the fanfare. But yeah dunstone is my guy this year. I've wanted mcewen to finally pull off a brier for a while but that doesn't seem like it will happen anytime soon or ever. Jacobs is the most boring and I'm glad they haven't been into it lately. The Koe family as a whole are fun as hell

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Middaugh making a shot that Gushue doesn't even want to attempt :allears:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like we could be headed towards a Bottcher-Koe final.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
Not if Dunnstone has anything so say about it

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Goddamn bottcher

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Holy poo poo Bottcher!!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Holy loving poo poo... What a shot by Bottcher. This final is going to kill me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Qwijib0 posted:

Not if Dunnstone has anything so say about it

he almost did. A nailbiter there.

The final is going to be so drat good.

https://i.imgur.com/dHD2hVc.mp4

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

I hate it!

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
Gotta feel bad for dunstone. He was in a good position but bottcher made an amazing shot. Two bronze in a row for dunstone now

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Man, you don't see Koe miss two shots like that back to back

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Ouch, rough end for Koe there

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Yeah. Two bad misses in a row. Yikes.

FrenzyTheKillbot
Jan 31, 2008

Good Hustle
Finally a break in this pitcher's duel. Maybe we'll get to see a few crazy ends.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Koe cannot read the ice tonight

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Oh man... coming down to the wire again.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

I mean that was a bit anti-climatic to not see Koe try some improbable shot but yesssss!!!

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I am hooting and hollering.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Well done bottcher

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Goddamn that still ended up coming down to the wire, good job for Bottcher and team

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Crazy to see Koe so defeated he doesn’t even throw.

Bottcher is going to run the worlds.

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Inspector_666 posted:

I am hooting and hollering.

Duck Rodgers
Oct 9, 2012
I don't think morris worked well with koe. We'll see if he stays on the team. Found it interesting in the 4th when Koe called just bj down to talk about a shot

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Well done Bottcher, I am super happy for those guys. Karick Martin was super emotional, and I would be too if I were him. Nice to see.

Koe's team looked dejected badly in the entire second half. I feel bad for them :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Slung Blade posted:

Karick Martin was super emotional, and I would be too if I were him. Nice to see.

I can't imagine what a monkey on their back the three straight silvers were. Brad and Karrick nearly immediately bursting into tears at the end kind of gives us an idea, I suppose.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

day 1 match 1 and already some crazy shots made. There are some drat talented curlers there, it's going to be entertaining as heck.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I feel like the stones move so much faster in mixed doubles. Even light hits seem to shoot out all over the place.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Fun Shoe
Doubles definitely more of a finesse game since there's just a lot less brushing.

Ice probably doesn't degrade as much though because of that, so if you can find your paths early, a great draw game can win

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok so it's End Of Season Sale time, and I'm wondering if anybody has recommendations for shoes. It seems like getting a pair of sneakers custom-fitted with a slider isn't really much pricier than a mid-range pair of dedicated shoes, and they also look exponentially better and I know they'll be comfy. But as a dumb idiot newbie, am I setting myself up for failure somehow?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

I really like my new balance shoes, but if you have a favorite type of sneaker that will accept conversion, there's nothing wrong with that at all. So long as the sole has the right amount of bend for your style of sliding it'll be fine.