Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

the only thing i would ever recommend is the $40 kyocera grinder. If that's the 'cheapo' you have and it didn't work i'm out of ideas

my thing is from Amazon and cost $20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nevergirls
Jul 4, 2004

It's not right living this way, not letting others know what's true and what's false.
even if you get a $$$ CNC-machined-to-aerospace-tolerances hand grinder you're gonna have to clean it more frequently for espresso roasts. probably just need to get a slight upgrade to something with a conical burr set like a hario.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
afternoon cuppa joe :hellyeah:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i grind coffee beans in a big bed with my wife

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

afternoon cuppa joe :hellyeah:

he’ll same

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

bump_fn posted:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

bump_fn posted:

Look at this guy with big bed, his wife, and his coffee beans.

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

good morning

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

RustyKnight posted:

good morning

needs two aspirin but otherwise correct

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
2nd cofe

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
coffee time. the robusta blend is starting to taste good to me now

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I'm drinking a coffee.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
im also drinking a coffee

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

comvefe

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is posting about tea allowed

got some looseleaf black tea, white tea, and herbal tea

I'm going to get a super fancy electric tea kettle where you can set the temperature

you gotta be careful with white tea because the leaves are xbox huge and fragile, so you have to let the water cool to 155 degrees before steeping

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 13, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

actionjackson posted:

is posting about tea allowed

got some looseleaf black tea, white tea, and herbal tea

I'm going to get a super fancy electric tea kettle where you can set the temperature

no

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love the leaf too but no, not here

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

obviously yes. i recommend the oxo gooseneck. it’s got a good design and is very easy to use. i assume they sell it there but i don’t know. can’t say enough good thing about it.

the breville works but is slower because it’s a larger quantity of water

plus with goosenecks you can easily do pourovers making this post thread appropriate

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I'm getting this one

https://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-enfinigy-cool-touch-kettle-pro-53101-500/53101-500-0.html

it's gotta look sharp if it's going to sit on the countertop most of the time, unlike my ugly as hell mr coffee which I hide away when not in use

obviously you could use it for coffee if you want to get one of those pour over filters you put on top of your mug

Is there an actual tea thread somewhere

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 13, 2021

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

actionjackson posted:

I'm getting this one

https://www.zwilling.com/us/zwilling-enfinigy-cool-touch-kettle-pro-53101-500/53101-500-0.html

it's gotta look sharp if it's going to sit on the countertop most of the time

obviously you could use it for coffee if you want to get one of those pour over filters you put on top of your mug

Is there an actual tea thread somewhere

nah this is a bad kettle for pourovers because a gooseneck kettle provides a constant rate stream regardless of what angle you pour it in along with better control. looks ok though i guess.

you’re not interested in that so it doesn’t matter i assume tho. six temperature settings are probably enough for tea although i do like having the flexibility of anything up to 100°C

there’s a thread in gws but gently caress the haters this is a dirty hot water thread for all comers

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

mediaphage posted:

nah this is a bad kettle for pourovers because a gooseneck kettle provides a constant rate stream regardless of what angle you pour it in along with better control. looks ok though i guess.

you’re not interested in that so it doesn’t matter i assume tho. six temperature settings are probably enough for tea although i do like having the flexibility of anything up to 100°C

there’s a thread in gws but gently caress the haters this is a dirty hot water thread for all comers

oh ok, yeah I've never done pour over, I mainly just want something to heat water up where I can pour it safely into my little kettle and filter. Right now I just heat up water in a saucepan, but there's a definite burn risk moving and pouring out a saucepan of scalding hot water.

it's correct that you can't set a specific temp, but 60-100 C in 10 degree increments is fine for my purposes, 100 for most teas, 70 for white. And I'm a design slut so the appearance is a big factor for me.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

actionjackson posted:

oh ok, yeah I've never done pour over, I mainly just want something to heat water up where I can pour it safely into my little kettle and filter. Right now I just heat up water in a saucepan, but there's a definite burn risk moving and pouring out a saucepan of scalding hot water.

it's correct that you can't set a specific temp, but 60-100 C in 10 degree increments is fine for my purposes, 100 for most teas, 70 for white. And I'm a design slut so the appearance is a big factor for me.

do not post further about tea in this thread

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1370404783207690245

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

it does

RustyKnight
Jul 11, 2016

every day is a new horror

it does nerds

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
:laffo:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

2 me irl 4 me irl

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

havin a coffee

jrapg wouldnt have given a warming

rip graph

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

the more complicated the procedure, the better it tastes

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

do not post further about tea in this thread

then make a tea thread bitch

also, having coffee atm from my $20 mr coffee tastes fine

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

:cool::coffee:

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

the most important part about making coffee in an extremely inconvenient, fancy and expensive manner is so you can tell other people you do it and stunt on them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

actionjackson posted:

the most important part about making coffee in an extremely inconvenient, fancy and expensive manner is so you can tell other people you do it and stunt on them

the best part about making coffee in a mr coffee is telling them to eat your entire rear end

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
drinking cold brew to hydrate before a run

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I use a barazata encore and an aeropress to make coffee every day op

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Drinking some cafe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
coffee

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
Remembering fondly the 3 cups I drank this morning. Those were good times.

lord funk
Feb 16, 2004

shoeberto posted:

Remembering fondly the 3 cups I drank this morning. Those were good times.

let's not get hung up on the past too much, though. it's time to make some new memories

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Shaggar posted:

the more complicated the procedure, the better it tastes

taste the labor

the clever dripper has been very needs suiting for me.