Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

biosterous posted:

beeswax in the ears, my friend! and no basilisks unless that's new to the remake, and also gorgons don't petrify you via sight

i have been playing adom for... nearly two decades now? and never won because i am bad at it. gotten pretty dang far though!

meanwhile my lil bro has beaten it multiple times and gotten special endings and does challenge runs :negative:

that's pretty impressive. i was p sure adom was one of those games that one person managed to win at some point

gonna keep beeswax around from now on!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timelord

more falafel please posted:

finished control. the end was fun. I'm glad I didn't read anything about what the ashtray maze was because it was a very cool surprise

not sure if I'm gonna do the dlc. i really need to play outer wilds next because my friend wrote it and it's been out for like 2 years

nice, i really liked that game. did you get the movie camera SCP(OoP or whatever)? worth the time to get.
outer wilds is super sick but it probably will suck you into a marathon of it

more falafel please

forums poster

Timelord posted:

nice, i really liked that game. did you get the movie camera SCP(OoP or whatever)? worth the time to get.
outer wilds is super sick but it probably will suck you into a marathon of it

just googled and apparently it's in the first DLC so i haven't yet. i didn't do any side quests really, but i might go back and try to do more of that stuff, we'll see. the launch mechanic feels so, so, so good, it's one of my favorite combat abilities in any game

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Heather Papps

hello friend

biosterous posted:

i have been playing adom for... nearly two decades now? and never won because i am bad at it. gotten pretty dang far though!

meanwhile my lil bro has beaten it multiple times and gotten special endings and does challenge runs :negative:

this is me with stone soup, down to my little bro beating it a million times

in other videogame news the new rogue legacy 2 update is really fun, the gunslinger class is very interesting. i like it, to play.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

biosterous

Nosfereefer posted:

that's pretty impressive. i was p sure adom was one of those games that one person managed to win at some point

gonna keep beeswax around from now on!

my favourite thing about the beeswax in the ears trick is that it's the sole reason that there's a command to clean out your ears.

at any other point in the game, using it just tells you that your ears are already clean! it's great

Heather Papps posted:

this is me with stone soup, down to my little bro beating it a million times

:negative::respek::negative:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Sally

Don't post Small Dash!

more falafel please posted:

just googled and apparently it's in the first DLC so i haven't yet. i didn't do any side quests really, but i might go back and try to do more of that stuff, we'll see. the launch mechanic feels so, so, so good, it's one of my favorite combat abilities in any game

haha the movie camera sidequest is amazing.

the Foundation DLC is solid but is more of the same. The Alan wake tie-in is amazing and has a lot of great segments to it.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Starting ff7 remake and wanting to choose Classic difficulty b/c I'm old. However it says this mode is on par with Easy which sounds weak.

Advice?

Finger Prince

prepuce repurposed posted:

Starting ff7 remake and wanting to choose Classic difficulty b/c I'm old. However it says this mode is on par with Easy which sounds weak.

Advice?

I tried normal and classic. I think classic is better so far, but it's kind of hard to tell (I only played the intro while the rest of the game downloaded). You can switch back and forth any time so I figure I'll experiment.

itry

prepuce repurposed posted:

Advice?

Don't let them shame you into using "modern" gameplay systems! :arghfist:

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
Hell yeah I didn't realise BYOB had a video games thread :dance:

I've been playing one of the Harvest Moons lately, it's very BYOB :peanut:

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I was playing DS3 alot until I had to move my pc and now it's playing "the silly buggers" with me.
I think I should get my switch updated and try something new and maybe less stressful until I figure out what's wrong with ol' sparky

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

if you want less stressful may i recommend immortals fenyx rising which is equivalent to methadone if breath of the wild is heroin

it's just you checking stuff out and maybe solving puzzles or fighting while best buds prometheus and zeus work on their vaudeville act together

RickRogers

Bo-Pepper posted:

if you want less stressful may i recommend immortals fenyx rising which is equivalent to methadone if breath of the wild is heroin

it's just you checking stuff out and maybe solving puzzles or fighting while best buds prometheus and zeus work on their vaudeville act together

Time to try methadone then!

itry

Bo-Pepper posted:

But Zeus condemned Prometheus to be eaten by vultures for the end of eternity :confused:

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

biosterous posted:

my favourite thing about the beeswax in the ears trick is that it's the sole reason that there's a command to clean out your ears.

at any other point in the game, using it just tells you that your ears are already clean! it's great

thats p great. i wonder if theres any commands that are basically red herrings to throw you completely off

my current character has an impressive 36 PV now at lvl 12, but pretty much no defences against any status effects yet. my stomach feeling tells me he's gonna get destroyed b/c of that soon

update: he did in fact not die from those things at all. turns out there's something called 'the ultimate doppelgänger"

Nosfereefer fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 6, 2021

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Prof. Crocodile

itry posted:

But Zeus condemned Prometheus to be eaten by vultures for the end of eternity :confused:

third base!

e: that was a vaudeville joke, and by threat I mean a joke about vaudeville, not a joke in the fashion of vaudeville.

Prof. Crocodile fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Mar 5, 2021

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

itry posted:

this is acknowledged in the game let it be known immortals is kind of goofy

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I played the demo for that game and it was surprisingly fun. I feel bad that it has one of the most forgettable titles in video game history. It sounds like bargain bin junk but is anything but. lol butt.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Finger Prince

I just want to say that the FF7 remake is absolutely gorgeous so far. The little details make the world look so realistic and lived in.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

The Last of Us Part 2 seemed like it took forever to beat, but I think that was mainly that I suck at stealth and the combat was a bit wonky for me as I can't seem to aim well in a lot of Naughty Dog games. Happened to me in Uncharted as well. Maybe it's just me.

Game is depressing as hell though, jesus

Finger Prince

Update on FF7 remake: I absolutely love it so far. Way better than the last FF game. The combat is a little janky, the way stuff is displayed and to some extent the control scheme, but that somehow feels really right for a final fantasy game. Classic difficulty/mode is the better option. I tried Normal and got my rear end kicked by a mini boss. Remembering to cast cure and guzzle potions, plus block and dodge while swapping between characters is really kind of a pain. Combat on Classic may be a little too easy, but at least it's fun! Anyway I'm really enjoying it and I think they did a great job with it. Screw all the nerds who cried "my childhood memories! :cry:" and just wanted a clone of original game with upscaled graphics. This is better.

Timelord

Finger Prince posted:

Update on FF7 remake: I absolutely love it so far. Way better than the last FF game. The combat is a little janky, the way stuff is displayed and to some extent the control scheme, but that somehow feels really right for a final fantasy game. Classic difficulty/mode is the better option. I tried Normal and got my rear end kicked by a mini boss. Remembering to cast cure and guzzle potions, plus block and dodge while swapping between characters is really kind of a pain. Combat on Classic may be a little too easy, but at least it's fun! Anyway I'm really enjoying it and I think they did a great job with it. Screw all the nerds who cried "my childhood memories! :cry:" and just wanted a clone of original game with upscaled graphics. This is better.

nice. it's ps4 only isn't it?
I'll have to wait for a pc port like i did the first time around with eidos. hopefully it wont be a huge foldout sleeve with 9 cd roms.

Jolo

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

The Last of Us Part 2 seemed like it took forever to beat, but I think that was mainly that I suck at stealth and the combat was a bit wonky for me as I can't seem to aim well in a lot of Naughty Dog games. Happened to me in Uncharted as well. Maybe it's just me.

Game is depressing as hell though, jesus

There's a mode where you can play just the stealth/combat sequences and a guy who played them back to back said it took around 3 hours. It's kinda wild how much of the game is exploration, puzzles, and cutscenes.

I liked the game overall but the story hits a point where you I wished certain characters would learn their lesson already.

Goons Are Gifts

So recently I got back into wow after a very long break and am playing with the EU goon squad, who are all great (this rhymes)
Do we have any yobbers still or again playing it? I'd love to play with you

RickRogers

I used to play on sporeggar(spelling?), an EU RPG server and had a lot of fun until it just sort of faded away when freinds stopped playing and I moved a lot.
I spent most of my time filling in the map and listening to the music.

I was thinking of playing again as long is it were casual weekend play or something.

fps_nug

horsing around no longer

Goons Are Great posted:

So recently I got back into wow after a very long break and am playing with the EU goon squad, who are all great (this rhymes)
Do we have any yobbers still or again playing it? I'd love to play with you

I play but I'm on frostmane :( usually up during EU time. too bad I didn't have an account here when I started playing again late last year

Finger Prince

I am so thoroughly addicted to playing the FF7 remake. I told myself, nope, I'm not going to play it tonight. I'm going to give myself a break. But you know what? I'm gonna loving play it.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana

13 Sentinels is extremely anime and very good. Takes a while to complete just the tutorial, it has 13 main characters and it's a mashup of visual novels and mechwarrior games. The plot is just bonkers.

And it's a Vanillaware game so it looks gorgeous to boot.

sb hermit

I have had an active WoW account since the beta in 2004 but I barely log on.

GaG, let me know when you start playing and I'll try to join you. I think I have a couple of those max level boost things somewhere...

Khanstant
reccomending valheim for any yobbers with a gameeryob buddy to play with. lovely co-op game, fight some monstersm, build some bases, sail w some friends - its chill

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i find myself deeply distrustful of the survival genre where there's any online social aspect because the last thing i need in this life is to be teabagged while trying to start a fire

itry

Finger Prince posted:

I am so thoroughly addicted to playing the FF7 remake. I told myself, nope, I'm not going to play it tonight. I'm going to give myself a break. But you know what? I'm gonna loving play it.

I'm waiting for it to come to PC :(

nut

I am pretty far into bravely default 2 and I hated it at first but now...it’s good. it’s funny how many weird and dumb but fun classes they have

Jolo

I love how strange the title Bravely Default is. Makes me think of someone standing tall and strong as they toss their late student loan payment notices right in the dumpster.

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Khanstant

Bo-Pepper posted:

i find myself deeply distrustful of the survival genre where there's any online social aspect because the last thing i need in this life is to be teabagged while trying to start a fire

yeah i hear you but that's also someone id recommend this game to. theres no pvp aspect, you can chop your buddy and it doesn't hurt nobody. you gotta work together and make food and a base and stuff to fight monsters together. they actually made a videogame here instead of a digital bucket for crabs to kill eachother in

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i'll take a look

right now when i do play anything i've been contentedly grinding in loop hero

Finger Prince

Oh WHAAAAAT??!
This is just what, a prologue?? Part 1 of ???
What sort of half job bs is this?
Final Fantasy my rear end, more like first quarter fantasy.

Jolo

Finger Prince posted:

Oh WHAAAAAT??!
This is just what, a prologue?? Part 1 of ???
What sort of half job bs is this?
Final Fantasy my rear end, more like first quarter fantasy.

Oh no! That must've been a big surprise. The developers said the game would only be the start of the game back at announcement but the game title on its own doesn't sound like anything less than a full remake so I totally understand feeling shorted.

I had a bunch of fun with ff7r but I really really didn't like the entire ending section nonsense. I hope it doesn't become a Kingdom Hearts thing where we get games titled 2.8 final chapter prologue or anything like that.

itry

Jolo posted:

I had a bunch of fun with ff7r but I really really didn't like the entire ending section nonsense. I hope it doesn't become a Kingdom Hearts thing where we get games titled 2.8 final chapter prologue or anything like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince

Jolo posted:

Oh no! That must've been a big surprise. The developers said the game would only be the start of the game back at announcement but the game title on its own doesn't sound like anything less than a full remake so I totally understand feeling shorted.

Well it's a SquareEnix game, so...
Yeah I didn't read any press about it at all. I just knew they did a remake, and then there it was as the free PS+ game this month. I did wonder how they were going to fit the entire game world and story into the 80gig download when what I was playing was so richly detailed. Anyway I loving loved playing it, it's probably the best modern/non sprite Final Fantasy game I've ever played. Now I just have to wait for the drip feed of next chapters to come get released and then come on sale, because screw you Square I ain't paying $200+ to play this whole game.