Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
tag yourself

I'm the no camo without a military ID

e. drat it new page

Code Jockey posted:

hulk_hogan_restaurant_dresscode.jpg

e. in case anyone hasn't seen it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
I'm the "NO Do-Rags, Skull Caps or Bandanas" from a guy who's worn a bandana non-stop since 1983

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Code Jockey posted:

tag yourself

I'm the no camo without a military ID

e. drat it new page

I'm the racism

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dsriggs posted:

I'm the "NO Do-Rags, Skull Caps or Bandanas" from a guy who's worn a bandana non-stop since 1983

no torn clothing as well lol

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Code Jockey posted:

"you cannot dress like the person at the top of this notice"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

DrPossum posted:

"you cannot dress like the person at the top of this notice"

See, I don't think anyone would've complained if that place's dress code had been "you cannot dress like Hulk Hogan" because that's just the restaurant practicing responsible hygiene guidelines.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
There’s like a 15 minute video of a drunken brawl at that beach bar that is Americana as gently caress and I highly recommend everyone google it and watch

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Quick, someone post something sex related. We've reached page 69!!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

Do it ironically posted:

There’s like a 15 minute video of a drunken brawl at that beach bar that is Americana as gently caress and I highly recommend everyone google it and watch

post it coward

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Code Jockey posted:

"This is a beach party and beach attire is required!"*

* beach attire is strictly forbidden

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!

Code Jockey posted:

Where's this from? i'm getting strong Florida vibes

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Where's this from? i'm getting strong Florida vibes

Clearwater, FL.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

spookykid posted:

post it coward

https://www.newsflare.com/video/206425/other/4th-of-july-bar-brawl-at-hogans-beach-tampa

Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Gulf coast Florida is beautiful. One of the greatest days of my life involved wandering the Anna Maria Island beaches while the sun went down and I can't adequately communicate how fantastic it was.

The gulf coast is full of horrendous human beings who are forthright in being horrendous human beings and even with that in mind you want to keep going back to the gulf coast.

Apr 7, 2003
Probation

Clearwater is literally a Scientologist colony

I went there for a Wayne Newton show (lol) and it was bizarrely empty except for guys in scientologist uniforms patrolling the streets.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Gulf coast Florida is beautiful. One of the greatest days of my life involved wandering the Anna Maria Island beaches while the sun went down and I can't adequately communicate how fantastic it was.

The gulf coast is full of horrendous human beings who are forthright in being horrendous human beings and even with that in mind you want to keep going back to the gulf coast.

I didn't get a chance to see that side of Florida when I went a few years back, but we did drive out to the keys, and holy poo poo the view on the bridge was amazing. It was a completely clear day, just incredible.

We got to our hotel and it went from that to "completely gray skies and the most intense rain I have ever experienced" in like an hour and it was awesome lol

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

I grew up in Venice. Florida and old Florida especially has its charms. It also has its racism. For an interesting drive take 301 instead of 75 when driving up and down on the gulf coast.

If you do... Don’t speed. Really.

I got married in a local park with a event building in Port Charlotte on the water. I grew up futzing around in a trailer park on the Myakka. The festivals and parades in Venice on the island are very Americana. I did so many flag ceremonies during parades growing up. The original planner for Venice island was John Nolan who was under Frederick Law Olmsted. I think Nolan also planned Longview, WA

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Code Jockey posted:

Pennywise the Frown posted:

No way that's real.

A bunch of those items were in my public high school dress code as recently as 2004.

They also banned Dickies brand clothing and buttoning only the top button of a shirt to fight the scourge of the gangs of Eastern Oregon.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Blue Moonlight posted:

A bunch of those items were in my public high school dress code as recently as 2004.

They also banned Dickies brand clothing and buttoning only the top button of a shirt to fight the scourge of the gangs of Eastern Oregon.

I moved to a tiny town in Texas in 8th grade and a couple weeks into school I got called to the vice principal's office. He told me that he knew I was a gang leader in Arizona and that I was trying to bring it to Texas, and the proof was that multiple teachers reported me wearing black arm bands.

First off, I don't think black arm bands are a gang thing anywhere. It's a sign of mourning.

Second, I have never worn a black arm band.

I told him that I've never worn one but I do wear black t-shirts, he excitedly asked, "More than one at once!?"

Dude would not let me leave his office until I promised that I would not bring my gang to this tiny town.

When I told my friends about it they immediately wanted to start wearing black arm bands. :doh:

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

Tip posted:

When I told my friends about it they immediately wanted to start wearing black arm bands. :doh:

teenagers, teenagers never change

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Blue Moonlight posted:

Hahaha same, I went to HS in a tiny town in western Oregon, graduated in 2000, and we had the stupid top button thing too. Plenty of people wore Dickies though.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Blue Moonlight posted:

the gangs of Eastern Oregon

Sophomore year of HS we got a new principal who had previously been a principal in a city school in cali I think. Our town had a total population of around 1300 or so at the time, rural, mostly families that had been there forever with their names in the pioneer graveyard. I guess he just assumed the problems here would be just like where he came from because the first thing he did was add metal detectors and multiple pages of new dress code rules that we'd never had before. He was banning whole colors, patterns, writing of any kind, hats/head coverings of any kind, etc. Banned like all PDA and would yell at students for hugging or holding hands.

The rest of the staff/old principal had always been very friendly and kind with the students who generally liked them a lot, but this guy treated every student like we were suspicious as all hell (bonus points for being mexican). He had random locker inspections, backpack inspections, always treated us like we were hiding something or trying to deceive him. Basically went from having a principal we could actually talk to to one we avoided interacting with at all costs. He made school really uncomfortable, and since the school was tiny you'd run into him like between every class.

I was in school in that town k-12 and I've never seen a member of school staff hated that much. He was hazed by the students a lot for his bullshit, which I'm sure he felt justified it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Yeeesh.

Our principle in highschool was a drunken (as in, obviously drunk during the school day, with rumors that people had found open bottles in his desk) jackass, but not quite that bad. Gang-signaling clothing paranoia was so dumb back then though, I think we did try to ban some really specific articles of clothing because they represented something gang related, but gently caress if I can remember what it was. Checker-pattern button up shirts maybe?

Man people just thought button up shirts meant you were a stone cold killer or something.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Code Jockey posted:

Wow they really just threw out the dog whistle and got an airhorn.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

There are two questions that are invariably exchanged every time two portagee meet for the first time. The first: From which island? The second: Where do you get your linguica?

what islands

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

the famous island chain of portugal.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
hence the question

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

since we're discussing sausage What's the best major brand of (preferably hot) italian sausage for something like spaghetti? Can't be some small regional variety you'd probably expect in the northeast/mid-atlantic/midwest and we have no italian delis where I'm at.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I went to a private school, (I am posh and fancy as gently caress.), with a uniform. So I never had any of these insane dress code rules at school.

But I do have a question: Which was feared more? "Gang" related dog whistle stuff, (baggy pants, hats worn backwards etc.), or "satan" related stuff, (metal T-Shirts, those studded wristbands and stuff that me and my mates used to like wearing etc.

It is probably an apocryphal story, but I remember being told of a girl being sent home from school for wearing a Stevie Nicks T-Shirt, coz it promoted witchcraft.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

since we're discussing sausage What's the best major brand of (preferably hot) italian sausage for something like spaghetti? Can't be some small regional variety you'd probably expect in the northeast/mid-atlantic/midwest and we have no italian delis where I'm at.

I feel like your only choice in a supermarket is going to be Johnsonville in that case, so, that.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

hence the question

The Azores are still Portuguese.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

BrigadierSensible posted:

I went to a private school, (I am posh and fancy as gently caress.), with a uniform. So I never had any of these insane dress code rules at school.

But I do have a question: Which was feared more? "Gang" related dog whistle stuff, (baggy pants, hats worn backwards etc.), or "satan" related stuff, (metal T-Shirts, those studded wristbands and stuff that me and my mates used to like wearing etc.

It is probably an apocryphal story, but I remember being told of a girl being sent home from school for wearing a Stevie Nicks T-Shirt, coz it promoted witchcraft.

Small town principal: satan
City principal: gangs, but suspected goths/gays(same people) of being a gang so not much changed

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Bar Ran Dun posted:

The original planner for Venice island was John Nolan who was under Frederick Law Olmsted. I think Nolan also planned Longview, WA

Former Northampton MA resident and current Riverside IL resident reporting for duty. Are planned communities Americana? I guess suburban sprawl hell neighborhoods are.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

feedmegin posted:

The Azores are still Portuguese.

And famously it's the only inhabited part of Portugal

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

I’m very lucky I graduated the year before Columbine. I can only imagine how bad it got for quiet loners after that.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
This is a great thread. Please dont gently caress it up.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
In america yuo can smoke weed

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Anyone remember this poo poo right here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyOj_QD4a4

So back when this came out I talked about it in class with some students who played WoW. They hadn't seen it yet and thought it was hilarious. So they started doing this thing in the hallway where one kid would yell "LEEEROY!" and another kid would yell "JENKINS!"

I got called into the school cop's office where he very seriously informed me he was worried a gang was starting at our school.

The Jenkins gang.

You could tell they were coming because the kids were starting to use the "well-known gang call" of "LEEEROY JENKINS!" He wanted to shut this down before it got out of hand. He asked me if I'd heard anything about the gang or where they might be gathering or what crimes they might be planning.

BTW these are 8th graders in a lily-white suburb and the school cop does basically nothing all day. But he was convinced they were about to become part of some massive criminal conspiracy because of loving Leeeroy Jenkins.

Epilogue: School cop got fired for giving too many "noogies" to students six months later. Yeah he was that guy, "I'm your pal, Johnny Law, come here you little rascal and I'll give you a noogie!"

BastardAus
Jun 3, 2003
Chunder from Down Under
Jesus gently caress you all have some problems compared to my small catholic primary (k-6) school in Sydney, Australia whereby our idea of fun was to play Teammates! Pretty simple, divide up the teams (boys AND girls, we were progressive in 1982), then proceed to keep the one tennis ball away from the other team for the whole 30 minutes of lunchtime. In the end it became so violent, probably because some of the girls were getting whacked as hard as the boys), it was banned.
So the boys went back to not letting the girls play cricket in the nets specifically for cricket (cricket was very mysogynist then) and all was out of whack(ed) again.
I'm sure the boys (especially me) liked being physical with the girls, and vice versa. It just was not the done thing in the early 80's.
EDIT: Oops Australiana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Having cops in schools is very Americana.