Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Jesus Christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i ain't afraid of no rolly-coaster

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
if you see a 'we buy houses for cash $$' sign at your local intersection please tear it down

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Ansible Adams posted:

hmmm I don't know who Ron Johnson is but lol owned nerd

he sucks, op

AnimeIsTrash posted:

All journalists should be bullied like this imo.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/24/greg-gianforte-bodyslams-reporter-ben-jacobs-montana

quote:

The Republican candidate for Montana’s congressional seat has been charged with misdemeanor assault after he is alleged to have slammed a Guardian reporter to the floor on the eve of the state’s special election, breaking his glasses and shouting: “Get the hell out of here.”

e: gianforte is the governor now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
Greg Gianforte physically assaulting a reporter for asking a question was shocking as hell in 2017, now it's just a blip on the radar. lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Greg Gianforte physically assaulting a reporter for asking a question was shocking as hell in 2017, now it's just a blip on the radar. lol

it literally made national sports talk radio

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

fun fact: the reason there was a special election, which cost the state millions of dollars and which greg won, is because after he was elected in 2016, noted scumbag ryan zinke immediately quit to go be secretary of the interior for donny

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

netflix is spreading lies to canadian children :ohdear:

https://www.supportcanadianenergy.ca/tell_the_truth_netflix

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

mediaphage posted:

trailers are often really nice, shame they have the rep they do

would rather just live in a large building with others though

my stepfathers friend has lived in a trailer forever. he was in vietnam and got all kinds of medical issues from being exposed to agent orange. he sued the government and won, and was awarded a decent sum of cash. since he's already retired and didn't want to move, he just dumped all the money into his trailer, so now it's a really nice place.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there’s also a bunch of different things that fall under the “mobile home” umbrella which goes all the way up to a half million dollar class a motor home so it can be very confusing.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you know how there appears to be six 'competing' mobile home sellers on the outskirts of a city on a frontage road

yeah they're all owned by warren buffet lol

same thing with the RV joints.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe
I'll admit my trailer-hate may be misplaced. It's a sore spot for me because a ton of the people I know/knew who live in substandard housing happen to have had wheels on it but now that I think of it a lot of the poo poo was the same sort of poo poo that happens to any other building when you either can't afford to maintain it or neglect maintenance for other reasons. Like "getting old while your manufactured home falls apart around you" is something I've seen happen a lot but the word "manufactured" there is not pulling a lot of weight. I'm sure any house that's had lights that flicker at random for a quarter century is a fire waiting to happen.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

trailers are just apartments with wheels

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i mean they're terrible structures but so are new construction houses.

you can post studs-and-wiring pics of a modern manufactured mobile home and a modern $427,000 2/1 in a Good Schools Neighborhood, and if you crop out the foundation and other tells, they look exactly the same.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Stack Machine posted:

I'll admit my trailer-hate may be misplaced. It's a sore spot for me because a ton of the people I know/knew who live in substandard housing happen to have had wheels on it but now that I think of it a lot of the poo poo was the same sort of poo poo that happens to any other building when you either can't afford to maintain it or neglect maintenance for other reasons. Like "getting old while your manufactured home falls apart around you" is something I've seen happen a lot but the word "manufactured" there is not pulling a lot of weight. I'm sure any house that's had lights that flicker at random for a quarter century is a fire waiting to happen.

yeah pretty much this

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Share Bear posted:

trailers are just apartments with wheels

wrong. your apartment doesn't get repo'd at 3am when you're 2 days late on the easy biweekly payment

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

quote:

...had crawled beneath the bulldozer as it was stopped and was crushed when it resumed moving.

is the worst cop-speak passive voice bullshit i ever heard

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

canadian children should be told the truth: we are one of the world's most advanced nations in the nuclear energy sector with one of the safest and easily fueled heavy water reactor systems designed and built in canada and sold internationally, using low-enrichment fuels that don't need to be export-controlled out of concern of nuclear weapons proliferation, and that alberta is a poo poo and dying province

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/edroso/status/1369976657990324227

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you're only allowed to make a "how it started how it's going" or "hosed around / found out" tweet if the person is experiencing any sort of comeuppance or justice

this is not the case. it was ron's intent to lie and kill old people to keep applebee's open the whole time.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”
A Florida state employee tried to record the numbers accurately and Ron had her fired and arrested and made sure she caught covid while in jail

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm also positive that those covid numbers are the raw figures, not corrected per capita, because "California and New York have more covid cases than any of the red states!!" seems to be a major chud talking point and that's about the level their brain operates at

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

qirex posted:

that's the story the cops gave, which this civil trial disagreed with

i can believe he crawled under like im here and you can't start it up with me underneath and the cops were like lol wanna bet

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

also I’m pretty sure it’s not true, no such study exists

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Florida is cooking the books but probably not 50% cooking the books

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

I'm also positive that those covid numbers are the raw figures, not corrected per capita, because "California and New York have more covid cases than any of the red states!!" seems to be a major chud talking point and that's about the level their brain operates at

california and florida have actually had pretty similar per capita cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, at least as recently as a month or so ago. i dont know how useful direct state v state comparisons actually are with this stuff tho

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Ansible Adams posted:

california and florida have actually had pretty similar per capita cases, hospitalizations, and deaths, at least as recently as a month or so ago. i dont know how useful direct state v state comparisons actually are with this stuff tho

they’re still pretty close but that’s with florida cooking the books as hard as they can. also there’s about as many people in the la metro area as in all of florida

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

this would be a really neat plot for a movie or a tv show or some other purely fictional work where ppl lured real estate developers to their homes and murdered them in novel ways

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

kitten emergency posted:

Florida is cooking the books but probably not 50% cooking the books

why are you so sure? new york was

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

fart simpson posted:

why are you so sure? new york was

new york also wasn't 50% cooking the books (and iirc they were just moving numbers around, not underreporting in total?)

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

kitten emergency posted:

new york also wasn't 50% cooking the books (and iirc they were just moving numbers around, not underreporting in total?)

was it? i dont know any details beyond this sentence:

The New York COVID-19 nursing home scandal is an American political scandal that began in 2021. In January 2021, Attorney General of New York Letitia James released a report finding that Governor Andrew Cuomo had understated the toll of COVID-19-related deaths in state nursing homes by as much as 50 percent.[1]

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

fart simpson posted:

was it? i dont know any details beyond this sentence:

The New York COVID-19 nursing home scandal is an American political scandal that began in 2021. In January 2021, Attorney General of New York Letitia James released a report finding that Governor Andrew Cuomo had understated the toll of COVID-19-related deaths in state nursing homes by as much as 50 percent.[1]

Michigan also got outed for this recently. I love our race to the bottom.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

but can you really trust the numbers coming from <government that clearly did better than us> ??

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the thing in new york was that they were not reporting people who got sick in nursing homes but then died in a hospital as nursing home related deaths. the total numbers were correct, but any policy around nursing homes was supported by bad data. plus the excuse for not reporting the numbers correctly was litterrally "we didnt want trump to make fun of us for doing bad"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shaggar posted:

the thing in new york was that they were not reporting people who got sick in nursing homes but then died in a hospital as nursing home related deaths. the total numbers were correct, but any policy around nursing homes was supported by bad data. plus the excuse for not reporting the numbers correctly was litterrally "we didnt want trump to make fun of us for doing bad"

yeah, this pretty much. florida (and other chud states) have been cooking the books in much more nefarious ways, such as "your death only counts if you were an actual permanent resident of florida"

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

tbf i think the actual reason was 50% "don't want to get made fun of" and 50% "don't want the trump doj to gin up a reason to do federal investigations against us"

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
yeah wouldnt want someone investigating your poor handling of nursing home care during a pandemic.

cuomo is a shitlord and you dont need to give him any benefit of the doubt

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

Shaggar posted:

yeah wouldnt want someone investigating your poor handling of nursing home care during a pandemic.

cuomo is a shitlord and you dont need to give him any benefit of the doubt

i'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, i'm just saying they had two bad reasons for it rather than one

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

although the trump admin investigating someone for handling the pandemic poorly is very spiderman pointing at spiderman meme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/mags_mclaugh/status/1370224265690243074