Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

My body is ready (to DIE FOR DARKSEID)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

This movie's obviously going to be so much worse than the theatrical cut and people are so invested in this film that they'll lie to themselves saying it's good!

Seriously though, that ad was really good! That an ad that's actually showing up on TV or just something that plays on youtube videos and stuff?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Another guy whose career got hosed is Chris Terrio.

First BvS is cut of a lot of context through studio demand and a lot of people hate it. Next Justice League completely rewritten and mostly reshot and his name is on it. Next he's pulled in to work on Star Wars given impossible demand to "fix" what wasn't broken and hit specific bullet points, and that is even constantly rewritten during shooting and in editing and he is the one a lot of fans primarily blame.

I'm sure Terrio probably has a better shot at continual work than Fisher but his reputation has been dragged through the trash.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Here’s a Twitter thread with a bunch of 10 second TV spots that aired today. The Superman spot has some new Jor-El lines.

https://twitter.com/thedcsyndicate1/status/1370787837629526016?s=21

https://twitter.com/thedcsyndicate1/status/1370788722694713351?s=21

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm forming an alliance. A Sense of Right Alliance.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Mr. Apollo posted:

Here’s a Twitter thread with a bunch of 10 second TV spots that aired today. The Superman spot has some new Jor-El lines.

https://twitter.com/thedcsyndicate1/status/1370787837629526016?s=21

Why the gently caress would you cut this.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

teagone posted:

Why the gently caress would you cut this.

I thought the flashback scenes were mostly kept intact. How much has been cut from all these clips we've seen?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

seravid posted:

I thought the flashback scenes were mostly kept intact. How much has been cut from all these clips we've seen?

Hippolyta hyping up her Amazons was not in the theatrical cut. [edit] This is also not a flashback scene; it's when Steppenwolf takes a motherbox. I imagine Whedon butchered the gently caress out of Steppenwolf's arrival/all the action in Themyscira.

[edit 2] Friendly reminder that according to Fabian Wagner (the film's DP) only ~10% of original footage that Snyder photographed was present in the theatrical cut, or roughly 24-30 minutes out of the current 4 hour runtime of ZSJL.

teagone fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Mar 13, 2021

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Violator posted:

Still debating watching Josstice League this week for maximum shock and awe when experiencing ZSJL. These ads just keep making it look more and more impressive.

Honestly, Josstice League isn't memorable to be worth the effort. Yeah it's bad, but nothing sticks to the ribs.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

teagone posted:

[edit 2] Friendly reminder that according to Fabian Wagner (the film's DP) only ~10% of original footage that Snyder photographed was present in the theatrical cut, or roughly 24-30 minutes out of the current 4 hour runtime of ZSJL.

The 10% fact perfectly explains why Fabian said he cried at the premiere. The amount of hard work, long hours on exhausting days and the sheer mental fortitude it takes to organize and photograph a 4 hour highly stylized Hollywood tentpole only to see it tossed in the trash for someone elses lesser work(he did not do the reshoots) and then to have your name slapped on it anyways must feel like a knife in the heart.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That was the story that really got me thinking that maybe there's more going on here than people like to believe.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

teagone posted:

Hippolyta hyping up her Amazons was not in the theatrical cut. [edit] This is also not a flashback scene; it's when Steppenwolf takes a motherbox. I imagine Whedon butchered the gently caress out of Steppenwolf's arrival/all the action in Themyscira.

Right. I'm mostly in the dark when it comes to the theatrical cut, but I am curious to see how that fragment of original footage will compare to ZSJL. Not curious enough to ever watch that movie, though, I think that would just bum me out.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Roth posted:

That was the story that really got me thinking that maybe there's more going on here than people like to believe.

Yup.

I dont think anyone really knew the scale of the changes until that video got posted.

Even Zack was being super coy and vague about how extensive the reshoots were simply because he hadnt even seen the Joss version.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I like how this whole movie is starting to look more and more like his classmates Immortals.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

teagone posted:

I imagine Whedon butchered the gently caress out of Steppenwolf's arrival/all the action in Themyscira.

In Josstice League the action of that entire part can best be summarized as "Hippolyta rides a horse down a football field". It was also the first big action setpiece and set the tone for the entire rest of the endeavor.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE posted:

In Josstice League the action of that entire part can best be summarized as "Hippolyta rides a horse down a football field". It was also the first big action setpiece and set the tone for the entire rest of the endeavor.

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. It’s been a long time since I watched it, but I remember some cool stuff involving a few Amazons trading off the box, and some arrows with ropes on them, right? I remember it being the only kind of cool action scene in the whole movie, and thinking that maybe it had some of the few Snyder shots in it. Though obviously this looks way better.

Again, it’s been a long time, I don’t remember many specifics.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

thrawn527 posted:

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. It’s been a long time since I watched it, but I remember some cool stuff involving a few Amazons trading off the box, and some arrows with ropes on them, right? I remember it being the only kind of cool action scene in the whole movie, and thinking that maybe it had some of the few Snyder shots in it. Though obviously this looks way better.

Again, it’s been a long time, I don’t remember many specifics.

No, you're right. But like, the entire exterior of that sequence I remember as a basically featureless field.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

No, you're right. But like, the entire exterior of that sequence I remember as a basically featureless field.

Oh that is definitely true.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Yeah, I knew I was in trouble when the field looked like a (I'm going to get yelled at for this) a Quake 1 level with no features. No trees, brush, etc. It was just empty.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

For the brave few:

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

teagone posted:

For the brave few:

Sexy advertisements, I'll show up.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I am tempted but I worry sitting down to a 4 hour movie at 3 CT would kill my 30-y-o rear end.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

College Slice

Schwarzwald posted:

I am tempted but I worry sitting down to a 4 hour movie at 3 CT would kill my 30-y-o rear end.

I figure since I'm WFH that day I can zombie through no prob.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I am quite hype

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

I'm 34 and know full well what I'm getting myself into, lmao. I will likely be dead by 7AM, but I don't know what kind of effect all the residual HYPE will have on me post viewing, so who knows. I did leave a 2 hour-ish gap after the BvS stream before venturing into ZSJL for a quick power nap and refuel lol.

Darko posted:

Sexy advertisements, I'll show up.

:cheers:

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/TalkinLadyShiva/status/1370874828824178698

Whoops! Of course, people are already using this minor error as proof that the film will be awful and why the filmmakers don't understand the source material or something.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

How do we know deathstroke isn't just a halo fan

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

How do we know deathstroke isn't just a halo fan

Because Deathstroke is very clearly a Shadow Warrior fan.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Finally, a comic movie for gamers.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Because Deathstroke is very clearly a Shadow Warrior fan.

Racist?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Joss Whedon must have snuck into the studio and switched out the logos, it's the only explanation!!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Roth posted:

Racist?

Slade Wilson is an extremely old arrogant white dude. Yeah, probably.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Wait lol.
https://twitter.com/BatKilmer/status/1370831003875487746
It is possible Joe Manganiello did this, and it's also possible he made a Google mistake, but he is also actually a gamer.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Martman posted:

Joss Whedon must have snuck into the studio and switched out the logos, it's the only explanation!!

It was the Avengers' logo in Age of Ultron!

e: lol that the source on this isn't even a still from the movie, it's a photo of the costume display exhibition.

josh04 fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Mar 14, 2021

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
We thought it was going to be Martian Manhunter, turns out it's the Arbiter.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

ImpAtom posted:

Slade Wilson is an extremely old arrogant white dude. Yeah, probably.

Like to imagine that Slade is the kind of dude that claims to be color blind.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jimbot posted:

https://twitter.com/TalkinLadyShiva/status/1370874828824178698

Whoops! Of course, people are already using this minor error as proof that the film will be awful and why the filmmakers don't understand the source material or something.
That logo doesn't exist in that picture because the Snyder Cut does not exist.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Can I get an invite to the CinneD discord?

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Violator posted:

Yeah, I knew I was in trouble when the field looked like a (I'm going to get yelled at for this) a Quake 1 level with no features. No trees, brush, etc. It was just empty.

Most of Josstice League felt like it took place in either grey hallways or empty fields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Halo is the best video game franchise ever so it’s a good thing in my book.