Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
BIG DICK WILLY'S HOTTEST HEMORRHOID DESTROYER GHOST REAPER SAUCE XXX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Doc Block posted:

BIG DICK WILLY'S HOTTEST HEMORRHOID DESTROYER GHOST REAPER SAUCE XXX

relatedly i think tying spicy to modern masculinity is the dumbest loving thing

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

huy fong sambal, also sriracha but sriracha is mostly just for potstickers and imitation crab

crystal for southern, tabasco too just in case

valentina's for mexican

salsa sinaloa habanero

smoked ghost pepper flakes

and then a pile of different dried peppers and peppercorns and stuff for when i want to make my own

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

mediaphage posted:

relatedly i think tying spicy to modern masculinity is the dumbest loving thing

if you dont want it to be fash stuff your options are surprisingly few

spicy is positioned in opposition to hegemonic whiteness cuz lol. its compatible w globalism obviously. it is compatible w many body types and accessible for poor peeps and the worst it can do to you is stomach cancer when youre like 90 yea i know its a wendys i want spicy nuggets yes i understand theyre not actually spicy

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 13, 2021

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
if you need something to take to ludicrous excess better it be stomach churning spiciness than, like, muscles until your balls dont work or racism or overweening greed

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

if you dont want it to be fash stuff your options are surprisingly few

spicy is positioned in opposition to hegemonic whiteness cuz lol. its compatible w globalism obviously. it is compatible w many body types and accessible for poor peeps and the worst it can do to you is stomach cancer when youre like 90 yea i know its a wendys i want spicy nuggets yes i understand theyre not actually spicy

if you need something to take to ludicrous excess better it be stomach churning spiciness than, like, muscles until your balls dont work or racism or overweening greed

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

but the problem is that they tie them all together

yes i like spicy poo poo but i like to be able to taste food with it too and people aren't pussies (what a dumb fuckin term) because they don't want to eat it

in closing, i remember seeing hot sauce with monica lewinsky on it called "not milk hot sauce"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

the important thing is hat we have taken the step from a thread about hot sauce to one about the role of hot sauce in politics.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the important thing is hat we have taken the step from a thread about hot sauce to one about the role of hot sauce in politics.

ok apologies

for content purposes i recommend peri peri

it's super easy to make: food process or blender onions, lemon, birds eye chiles, salt, some garlic. put on fuckin everything

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

how dare someone poo poo up one of my threads

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
spices, a thing that has never been of political import, ignore why peeps did colonialism originally plz

capsicum good other spices used to be bad now they good

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

how dare someone poo poo up one of my threads

that is, generally, your job

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

mediaphage posted:

i like to be able to taste food with it too

what a unique and interesting take. everybody that isn't doing some stupid challenge poo poo wants to taste their food. some people have a tolerance that makes habanero the right choice. for some people pepperoncini lights them up. obviously somebody who thinks serranos are too much shouldn't gently caress with birds eye, but noone is suggesting otherwise

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i just ordered a bunch of that sinaloa habanero sauce i was talking about. it used to be the only place i knew to buy it was a carniceria in dtla. after i moved my buddy would ship it to me, but then he got a different job and moved to pasadena. but now you can just buy it online i guess and i'm stoked

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Achmed Jones posted:

what a unique and interesting take. everybody that isn't doing some stupid challenge poo poo wants to taste their food. some people have a tolerance that makes habanero the right choice. for some people pepperoncini lights them up. obviously somebody who thinks serranos are too much shouldn't gently caress with birds eye, but noone is suggesting otherwise

yes yes not all men too huh

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I went to the asian supermarket today and came back with this:

Rawit is the indonesian (and malay?) word for birds eye chilli

it's good

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

I also got a bomb-rear end chili&garlic in sesame oil type deal which is awesome. Goes very well on rice.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

spankmeister posted:

I went to the asian supermarket today and came back with this:

Rawit is the indonesian (and malay?) word for birds eye chilli

it's good

oh that looks p good

spankmeister posted:

I also got a bomb-rear end chili&garlic in sesame oil type deal which is awesome. Goes very well on rice.

three of my favourite flavours all in one

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011
do you dorks ever shut up

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ansible Adams posted:

gently caress off

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Ansible Adams posted:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Ansible Adams posted:

turn your monitor on !!!!!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ansible Adams posted:

how about you come over here and say that to my face pal

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

spankmeister posted:

gently caress off

no. also I mean politics chat itt. not sauce talk

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ansible Adams posted:

expanding on spicy boy chat, this is my favorite hot mustard although i welcome other suggestions

I really like the spicy deli style mustard they sell at trader joe's. I mostly make my own now since I can season differently based on what I want.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I really like the spicy deli style mustard they sell at trader joe's. I mostly make my own now since I can season differently based on what I want.

I like mustard with a poo poo load of horseradish in it. never tried to make my own tho

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Ansible Adams posted:

I like mustard with a poo poo load of horseradish in it. never tried to make my own tho

it's kind of a pain imo to get it right because of how the heat and flavour change pretty drastically over time vs something like hot sauce which can change with ferments but generally stays the same hot level ime

fun to play around with though

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ansible Adams posted:

It's incredibly easy if you ever want to try but also you can go out and buy a jar for a couple of dollars so ymmv. This is the recipe that I have been following:

quote:

Mustard Recipe

4 tbsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 - 1/2 tsp salt

Blend or grind mustard seeds until they are all broken.
Add water.
Let sit for 1-10 minutes depending on level of spice desired.
Add vinegar and salt
Add your favourite herbs and spices

Place in the fridge until the next day when it will taste its best.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

opened a fresh bottle of valentina's extra hot tonight :toot:

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh man idk remember which yosmas it was, but one year i got some beaver brand hot mustard (i wanna say it was the ghost chili one, but dont remember). that poo poo was amazingly good, but i def. had to be careful because ghost chilis are definitely a in small amounts thing. i think it was this

i also got some really great bbq sauce for that yosmas or another one, i need to dig up what the brand was

SO DEMANDING posted:

opened a fresh bottle of valentina's extra hot tonight :toot:

that's what's up. tbh i can't really tell the difference between the red and black but i always buy the black one because i like spicy thingbs i guess and it says it's spicier? it's not a well-formed decision

e: it wasn't bbq sauce, it was aardvark habanero sauce. i just put it _in_ generic-rear end bbq sauce and it made it really really good. that poo poo was great. ima order some

farmer crackass hooked it up

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 14, 2021

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
hell yeah i'm really happy to hear you enjoyed both the mustard and the habanero sauce

i didn't participate in the 2020 yosmas b/c i was p. depressed and i knew i wasn't going to be able to do it justice but i'm looking forward to hooking someone up w/ good oregon food products and other goodies in 2021

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ansible Adams posted:

no. also I mean politics chat itt. not sauce talk

Aight my bad sorry.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Question for the mustard folk: Have you ever noticed that when mustard warms up, it also becomes way hotter? I like Maille Dijon mustard and it's spicy but not too spicy but when it warms up the spice level goes to eleven. Is that just me?

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

hell yea but the seeded one for steaks

i don't have much hot sauce anymore i don't like waking up at 3am feeling like whatever intestine is near my bladder is going to burst into flame

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
over time you can start to discern different flavours of cramping caused by different sauces

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i like this stuff. i used to spread a very thin layer on mcchickens

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

echinopsis posted:

over time you can start to discern different flavours of cramping caused by different sauces

lol its true

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve eaten half that jar of dark red crunch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

lol its true