Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I bought edf 4.1 let's see how this goes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Somebody spent 2 days trying to teach me how to play Endless Space 2--which is like Risk, in space, but bigger and stupider--and I'm mad.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I know that the file you're looking for is Loop Hero\game\assets\variables.ini but 90% of the inline commenting is in Russian so I haven't gone looking for what I want to change. Except game_speed which I set to 90. Makes things much less tedious to sit through.

Supposedly changing the game speed directly like this doesn't change certain mechanics properly, such as monster spawns, drops, and HP regen, which the devs are looking to fix in a later update. I would recommend using cheat engine's speedhack instead.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

MonkeyforaHead posted:

I know that the file you're looking for is Loop Hero\game\assets\variables.ini but 90% of the inline commenting is in Russian so I haven't gone looking for what I want to change. Except game_speed which I set to 90. Makes things much less tedious to sit through.
Well, that was easy. Just for the sake of anyone else who might have that question: every enemy has its own section in the variables.ini file. For each enemy, there will be a line that goes [enemy type]_item_chance=[value] where value is a number from 0 to (I assume) 100. It seems to be a simple percentage thing. A simple search and replace can set it to whatever you want it to be. I recommend not using 100, because enemies have a chance of dropping multiple items whenever they drop any item, so you'll be completely flooded with gear.

edit: also, it seems you can only get either cards or gear, so a 100% gear drop rate means no drops of any other kind.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 13, 2021

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Diabetic posted:

I bought edf 4.1 let's see how this goes
Tell us how much you enjoy Fencer and know that EDF5 has them able to jump 10 times and dash 10 times on Inferno gear. They can jump over buildings and almost fly in the air.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

When I think of EDF I think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vpXniXMu_o

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
EDF is Dynasty Warriors but with rocket launchers, artillery, lasers, and mechs. And Lu Bu is, idk, a giant bug or a robot or something.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Lu Bu is the Outpost Base.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Peewi posted:

I thought it made sense. It's a big spinning spiral and there had previously been spinning spiral obstacles that you have to use time powers to get past.

Although now I'm fighting a boss with a big attack I don't know how to avoid.

I'm fighting Remilia and I don't understand how to avoid the laser grid attack. I can sometimes not get hit by going to the edge of the arena and double jumping and floating, but that doesn't feel like it's how you're supposed to do it.

There are two variations of this attack.

Mid health: That's how I did it. When she shoots the orbs, stop time to get to the edge of the screen (normally left for me), wait and double jump + hover when necessary. Consistent.

Low health: This one I just opted to tank the hit and damage race her. I think it looks possible to stay exactly mid screen and jump according to the laser moving, maybe with time stop, but I killed her before I could test this theory out.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Scalding Coffee posted:

Lu Bu is the Outpost Base.

Maybe he's just one of those stupid rear end in a top hat motherfucker web spiders. :argh:

Which I guess hey, fair warning to anyone getting into 4.1 (I can't speak for 5), but those stupid rear end in a top hat motherfucker web spiders are genuinely bad-janky and often mission-ruining but they're a hump you can quickly get past and once you've gotten further into the power curve....well, they're still annoying as hell but at least not complete and total bullshit. They're used relatively sparingly, thankfully.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

EDF makes you, the player, just as big a threat to your teammates as the enemy.

MonkeyforaHead
Apr 7, 2006

God, you vindictive bitch, why can't I ever have any "me" time

Finally got an orb drop. Unlocked necromancer. Necromancer is fun! Getting good drops again. Got a hilariously OP tome that spawns skeletons ~3 levels higher than everything else. Vampire and 4 ghouls? Can't touch me. Blood clot, gargoyle, and a harpy on the very next tile? Completely obliterated me. IDGI. Also what's this crap about the golden card giving me a resurrection when it's clearly not doing that?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Artelier posted:

There are two variations of this attack.

Mid health: That's how I did it. When she shoots the orbs, stop time to get to the edge of the screen (normally left for me), wait and double jump + hover when necessary. Consistent.

Low health: This one I just opted to tank the hit and damage race her. I think it looks possible to stay exactly mid screen and jump according to the laser moving, maybe with time stop, but I killed her before I could test this theory out.

I managed to beat her without finding any better strategy than this.

I went on to finish the game and got the true ending. It took about 7 and a half hours and at least an hour and a half was on the real final boss.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
I feel like there should be some kind of warning on Siralim Ultimate about its.... 'humor.'. The gameplay loop is decent, but not good enough to keep me going.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's basically perfect for people really into synergies and party optimization but I felt it a bit overwhelming as someone whose more casually into rpgs. Don't regret backing and supporting the guy though.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Yeah, it's definitely a very dense game and unless you really enjoy the fact that every monster you can obtain has unique special ability that is intentionally not 100% balanced against everyone else's and can synergize with those of the rest of your team, the whole thing might feel a bit overwhelming. It's not really a great game to play for a casual RPG experience, because it's not really much of an RPG to begin with. It's more a procgen SMT/Pokemon game on turbocrack.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Peewi posted:

I managed to beat her without finding any better strategy than this.

I went on to finish the game and got the true ending. It took about 7 and a half hours and at least an hour and a half was on the real final boss.

I'm 2.5 hours in and I think I just reached final boss girl in robot, who I assume has a second phase after this one. Is the true ending easy to suss out on my own or should I look it up?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I played more Chronicon today using heavy loot filters and I'm having a great time now, it really didn't take too long to get to the point where I'm making everything onscreen explode immediately which is exactly what I want. It's a loving shame this game doesn't have online co-op, goddamn.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

explosivo posted:

I played more Chronicon today using heavy loot filters and I'm having a great time now, it really didn't take too long to get to the point where I'm making everything onscreen explode immediately which is exactly what I want. It's a loving shame this game doesn't have online co-op, goddamn.

It's honestly up there with Diablo and Grim Dawn for mechanics, gameplay, and systems. Just looks REAL rough.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

bamhand posted:

It's honestly up there with Diablo and Grim Dawn for mechanics, gameplay, and systems. Just looks REAL rough.

The game itself looks better than the artwork would have you believe, I will say that. I don't really mind the way the game looks tbh

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah, this has come up in the thread before, I think. Something about the store page screenshots is weird. It's a pretty crisp- and good-looking game when you see it in motion, but it is still a sprite-based pixel game, so you what you see is pretty much what you get there.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

explosivo posted:

Is heavy loot filters a mod or a setting or something? I greatly enjoyed my time with Chronicon on one character and it might be time to start a second character if this improves further on the experience!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Artelier posted:

Is heavy loot filters a mod or a setting or something? I greatly enjoyed my time with Chronicon on one character and it might be time to start a second character if this improves further on the experience!
A setting. You can filter out all loot below a certain rarity level from being visible.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sorry yeah I meant just filtering out anything that's not like pink rarity or above using the in game loot filters. I kept getting too bogged down with random loot last time I played and had a hard time getting into it.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

John Murdoch posted:

EDF is Dynasty Warriors but with rocket launchers, artillery, lasers, and mechs. And Lu Bu is, idk, a giant bug or a robot or something.

Nah, Lu Bu is literally Godzilla. or Gamera, I guess.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Artelier posted:

I'm 2.5 hours in and I think I just reached final boss girl in robot, who I assume has a second phase after this one. Is the true ending easy to suss out on my own or should I look it up?

It's pretty straightforward and it gives you a hint after the credits roll the first time.

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

MonkeyforaHead posted:

Finally got an orb drop. Unlocked necromancer. Necromancer is fun! Getting good drops again. Got a hilariously OP tome that spawns skeletons ~3 levels higher than everything else. Vampire and 4 ghouls? Can't touch me. Blood clot, gargoyle, and a harpy on the very next tile? Completely obliterated me. IDGI. Also what's this crap about the golden card giving me a resurrection when it's clearly not doing that?

I think there are like, two different kinds of resurrection, one that makes you raise up immediately after death, and one that brings you to the normal death screen, except this time there's like a "resurrection" button that'll actually bring you back. The former comes from the graveyard upgrade and the golden card is the latter, I think. I haven't the slightest idea why they did that.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Me, on Touhou Luna Night's final boss: Oh hey this is pretty easy overall. Maybe I'll one shot it!

Me, seeing super move: ahahaha nope

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

EDF makes you, the player, just as big a threat to your teammates as the enemy.

Its their drat fault for walking in front of me right when I fired my air strike dart :mad:

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!

Leal posted:

Its their drat fault for walking in front of me right when I fired my air strike dart :mad:

As if you haven't freed yourself from a red ant grab by firing your 150mm beacon at it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I have killed myself more than once by running into my own air tortoise

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Jagged Jim posted:

Nah, Lu Bu is literally Godzilla. or Gamera, I guess.

love how the giant fuckin monster drops health and armor packs.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/dominictarason/status/1371089453457014786?s=21

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

I have killed myself more than once by running into my own air tortoise

slow and steady wins the race

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

I'm pretty sure that's one of the things Steam says you explicitly can't do. You can make as many keys to sell somewhere else as you want but you also have to sell the game on steam.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Square-Enix can probably throw enough money at Valve to make that restriction go away.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Is that the original version of the game rather than the remastered edition that came out more recently? Odd that they would even bother selling it if so.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

The Last Remnant got delisted a few years ago and then a short while later, Square-Enix announced a Remastered edition - but only for PS4. That new version never came to Steam.

I think the original physical release way back in 2008/2009 was already Steamworks, so there is no non-Steam version - so the page listing can't be an error AFAIK.

And yes, this is something Valve does not like, as seen in the Steamworks documentation:

quote:

2. Contact other retailers if you sell your product via Steam key - If your title is no longer sold on Steam, it should also be retired from any other stores where you sell Steam keys, including retail and your own website. It’s not OK to continue selling Steam keys if the game is no longer listed on the Steam store. You will need to get a list of unsold keys from each of your retailers and ban them using the Ban CD Key Tool

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I bought Siralim Ultimate and something about it just makes it hard to look at. I think this’ll be a refund, it looks like my kind of game but my brain just goes “nope” and refuses to absorb the text it throws at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I'm having a serious Mandela effect moment right now because I swear TLR Remastered was a bigger deal and got released on Xbox/Ps4/steam. :psyduck: