Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I'm actually pretty proud at my grilling chicken breast abilities. I bought two whole chickens and broke them down and grilled all four breasts using the offset method and dry brining, and came out with extremely juicy tasty breast meat.

I combined homemade vinaigrette with mayonnaise to make a sandwich spread, and used that on the toasted Texas Toast, with tomato, lettuce, cheese, a slice of bacon, and the roasted chicken for a really satisfying chicken club sandwich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Looks excellent. Sometimes you just want a club sandwich and that is a good one.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Phoned it in tonight for pollo saltado.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Using things up for dinner, sirloin steak and onion pizza cooked on our barbecue

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Wish I'd had panko for the croquettes, was good though.

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Raikiri posted:

Wish I'd had panko for the croquettes, was good though.

Wow, that looks super spring-timey with those bright colors. Nice.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
This was a pretty simple pasta dish. Just add arugula, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, cayenne, and kalamata olives to some hot drained pasta. Mix until arugula is wilted. Top with ricotta salata.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

What's in the fridge fried rice:

Things in the fridge may include:
Kale, bbq chuck, mushrooms, celery, kimchi, green onions, shallots, and a couple eggs.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Detroit style~

Drippy
https://i.imgur.com/XGW2wwq.mp4

Next time, more olive oil around the outside to get more crisp since I don't have real brick cheese.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
drat that looks good

standard dough or do you do something special for detroit style? i have a pan somewhere that i think would work great but no idea what i'm doing

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I used Kenji's recipe https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/02/detroit-style-pizza-recipe.html which is 73% hydration, requires 10 minutes of stand mixer kneading and 2 hours of bulk proofing.

My normal recipe is from A Baker's Year which is 68% hydration, a "few glugs" of olive oil in the dough, and uses a small sourdough leaven. Requires leaven a day & a half in advance, and the "turn & fold" method of 5-6 reps of "30-second knead, 30 minute rest" before shaping and retarding in the fridge overnight. Sounds complicated but the active work time is low, just spread out over a weekend.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

BrianBoitano posted:

Detroit style~

Drippy
https://i.imgur.com/XGW2wwq.mp4

Next time, more olive oil around the outside to get more crisp since I don't have real brick cheese.

I’m making pan pizza and wings this weekend and hope they come out looking just as good :hfive:

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

BrianBoitano posted:

It looks like you'll want significantly more cheese positioned directly touching the edge of the pan, whichever kind you're using.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

You were exactly right and had perfect timing. I just reheated in a skillet with a lid and steam to melt the top cheese.

I did shredded mozzarella and oil in the pan and it was much better than yesterday!

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.
Nice

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Let me shoyu my ramen.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
burg

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Appertif

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I mean it also went well with dinner.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

is that cheese inside the burger?

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Gouchujang-lime-mayo salmon, Korean sweet soy-glazed potatoes, and asparagus. I don't think it came out half bad considering the amount of alcohol I drank before cooking it.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Glazed salmon is always a good idea.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Dessert

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

wow, would any day of the week

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

burged

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

Gouchujang-lime-mayo salmon, Korean sweet soy-glazed potatoes, and asparagus. I don't think it came out half bad considering the amount of alcohol I drank before cooking it.

What's the recipe for that salmon? Sounds insanely good

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

TontoCorazon posted:

What's the recipe for that salmon? Sounds insanely good

I had seen this recipe, but I didn't have harissa chili paste, so I just put gochujang, mayo, lime juice, and coriander in a bowl: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/05/baked-broiled-salmon-harissa-mayonnaise.html

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Stringent posted:

is that cheese inside the burger?

yup, swiss inside and provolone on top

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

kumba posted:

yup, swiss inside and provolone on top

sick, i want it

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls

I have been craving sopa a la minuta but realized last second i didn't have potatoes, so tofu went in instead. Done it before, tofu is a sponge for all the flavor

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I have been craving sopa a la minuta but realized last second i didn't have potatoes, so tofu went in instead. Done it before, tofu is a sponge for all the flavor

Gorgeous color! And it looks tasty too.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Professor Wayne posted:

I had seen this recipe, but I didn't have harissa chili paste, so I just put gochujang, mayo, lime juice, and coriander in a bowl: https://www.seriouseats.com/recipes/2017/05/baked-broiled-salmon-harissa-mayonnaise.html

Thanks

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Made some buffalo wings and a pizza. Haven’t made a non-gluten free pizza with regular dough in about a year, so I’m really happy with how it came out.

Half capicola, pepperoni, and roasted red peppers. And half veggie.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Looks fantastic. To contribute some discussion made Kung Pao chicken with Sichuan pepper. I am not a fan of the taste or sensation it causes. Taste like a pinecone imo.

Karenina
Jul 10, 2013

i made duck breast à l'orange with blood orange marmalade, which turned out to be a great idea. the swiss chard colcannon, not so much

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

That looks really good.

I set out to make colcannon on Sunday but forgot to add the cabbage so we just had mashed potatoes. And had extra cole slaw with our pulled pork tonight. :sweatdrop:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

I require a recipe. I have not once managed to make a pad-thai that tasted anything like pad-thai.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TheCog posted:

I require a recipe. I have not once managed to make a pad-thai that tasted anything like pad-thai.

I'll admit I don't think I've ever even ordered pad thai at a restaurant so I don't really have any basis of comparison but all I know is this is delicious

Based on this: https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/pad-thai/

Except I don't really measure the poo poo for the sauce and I sprinkle some msg on the chicken and in the sauce

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Gotta love pad Thai. So drat easy to make after the ingredients are prepped. I try and switch back and forth between making pad Thai and drunken noodles.