Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
late to hotdog chat but these are actually the best hot dogs: https://hofmannsausage.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

TOOT BOOT posted:

I miss popular music having different flavors, a lot of what 's popular now is very similar-sounding to me

There's still good stuff out there but it feels like the mainstream is very homogenized because almost every aspect of the business is controlled by a small number of companies

don't forget that half the pop songs are written by the same six or so scandinavian guys

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

tk posted:

Ball Parks are the lowest form of hot dog.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i like the tj's all beef franks. good snap to em. crucial element of a good dog.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Ansible Adams posted:

i like the tj's all beef franks. good snap to em. crucial element of a good dog.

Hot dogs should not snap

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
This conversation gonna end in a god drat knife fight

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted:

Hot dogs should not snap

gently caress they shouldnt

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

kitten emergency posted:

late to hotdog chat but these are actually the best hot dogs: https://hofmannsausage.com/

yes i see that you're late, so perhaps you missed that we already noted that Hebrew National is the best

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

if hot dogs snap then slim jims are my favorite hot dog brand

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

TOOT BOOT posted:

Hot dogs should not snap

look at how wrong you are.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

TOOT BOOT posted:

Hot dogs should not snap

lmao

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

getting a fully excellent chicago dog tomorrow

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

fascinated by the 'INSPECTED by AUTHORITIES' stamp

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

TOOT BOOT posted:

Hot dogs should not snap

I’m not that big on hot dogs but what The hell is this take

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

PokeJoe posted:

chuckanut island in puget sound

puget sound is a fjord :swoon:

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

The only thing a person needs to order from the costco cafe are the .99 churros

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

prefect posted:

puget sound is a fjord :swoon:

come czech it out

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Man in hearing about all these under 30 kids getting shots left and right and boy I sure am glad I live in Europe where we take things slowly meaning I probably won't get my first shot until june.

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
I probably won't get my first shot until August at best, but I expect it to happen sometime in 2022 instead

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Fatal Error posted:

I probably won't get my first shot until August at best, but I expect it to happen sometime in 2022 instead

same

if it gets to august and I still haven't had one I'm telling the government I need to fly to some backwater health facility on urgent contract business and see if they'll jab me in the arm instead of calling my bluff

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Captain Foo posted:

I’m not that big on hot dogs but what The hell is this take

honestly if your not gonna use your ik buttons to probe now then what the hell are you even useful for

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

in the UK what you got as a hot dog when I was a kid was a thermodynamic miracle: incredibly hot and burnt to a crisp on the outside yet strangely cool and pale on the inside

they were probably made of sawdust

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

there are sure a lot of diseased minds in this thread that believe that biting into a hot dog should mimic the sensation of stepping on an insect, complete with the spurt of fluid

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

It's a sad thing that the delicious German/Austrian sheep intestine cased sausage has devolved into a sad pink slurry cooked in a plastic case. But that's what happens when americans get their hands on it.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
No Preservatives! (except for the preservatives in the cheese and in the hot dog)

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

best hot dog i ever had was a guy on the street in tokyo near harajuku, dude had a huge line even in pouring rain

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

really getting good buns is the trickier bit. at least here, the dominant brand is very sweet and insubstantial.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

TOOT BOOT posted:

if hot dogs snap then slim jims are my favorite hot dog brand

slim jims are a sandwich

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

President Beep posted:

slim jims are a sandwich

you can really taste the beef hearts they put in them

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

mod saas posted:

getting a fully excellent chicago dog tomorrow

I loving love Portillo's it might be the only thing still keeping me in Illinois.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I mean it's got NO three times on it, you ignore that at your peril

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

touché

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well at least they're uncursed.

Now I wanna play Net Hack.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

"uncured" meats are still cured, they're just poorly cured and do not taste as good

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Shaggar posted:

"uncured" meats are still cured, they're just poorly cured and do not taste as good

~~~celery juice~~~

nitrates, but unregulated

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
most of the flavour of a hot dog comes from being smoked anyway, i don't find the flavour between real cure and fake cure to be that different

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I've been doing this government covid survey where they come round and test me once a month with a doorstep throat /nose swab and I just found out that I've been doing it wrong by pushing the nasal swab really far back "until it hurts" like my wife told me to.

turns out she was thinking of a different test and realised this months ago and was too embarrassed to tell me

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

i had to get one yesterday for a trip that thankfully got shitcanned about an hour later and yeah, they had me blow my nose to move stuff forward and swabbed that rather than scraping my brain like the early ones did.

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Midjack posted:

i had to get one yesterday for a trip that thankfully got shitcanned about an hour later and yeah, they had me blow my nose to move stuff forward and swabbed that rather than scraping my brain like the early ones did.

now that they can give you the microchip with the vaccine they don't need to implant it directly into the brain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

I've been doing this government covid survey where they come round and test me once a month with a doorstep throat /nose swab and I just found out that I've been doing it wrong by pushing the nasal swab really far back "until it hurts" like my wife told me to.

turns out she was thinking of a different test and realised this months ago and was too embarrassed to tell me

owned