Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Who on earth wants to watch any content about the pandemic? What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I'll wait for the comedy about people watching pandemic content as a new wave starts.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Who on earth wants to watch any content about the pandemic? What the gently caress.

Pandemic??!

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME!!!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

therattle posted:

Pandemic??!

WHY DID NOBODY TELL ME!!!

Put on the drat glasses!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

feedmyleg posted:

Not about this pandemic, but my wife has been alarmingly into films and TV shows about pandemics and other large-scale disease events over the last 365 days. I even caught her watching 12 Monkeys the other day (she fell asleep lol)

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I watched through both versions of The Stand last week.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

feedmyleg posted:

Maybe by "frontlines of the pandemic" they mean its actually about all those deaths in nursing homes that Cuomo covered up.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Detective No. 27 posted:

I watched through both versions of The Stand last week.

Which did you prefer?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Which did you prefer?

Tough call. I haven't read the book so my judgement went clouded by accuracy to it.

I think I ultimately preferred the 90s one, because I have a soft spot for that era of television. I like the slower pace. Something about modern television feels too fast paced for me. It makes a good companion piece to the 90s It.

I loved Flagg's Satan man transformations. Stacked cast. Also full of those 90s old guy character actors that are all mostly gone now. Also I think they made the better choice of combining Heather Graham's character (don't remember her name) and Nadine.

The new one did Vegas better. They had the budget to convey the den of iniquity far better. They also conveyed Harold as a creeper incel better.

I was kinda annoyed because the original version was on Netflix for years and it wasn't streaming anywhere now that I wanted to see it. But it was only :5bux: to own on Vudu and I figured it was a good tradeoff for six full hours of show.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Detective No. 27 posted:

I think I ultimately preferred the 90s one, because I have a soft spot for that era of television. I like the slower pace. Something about modern television feels too fast paced for me.

This is absolutely bonkers to me, every post-Breaking Bad show I’ve watched has so much padding and so many dopey monologues.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
So David Cronenberg might be making a return to roots sort of movie with Viggo Mortensen.

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/film/viggo-mortensen-teases-new-horror-project-with-david-cronenberg-2870989

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That article ends in such a weird way. "Also he bought some horses, but most of them are dead now. Says the actor, 'well yeah they were already pretty old and that was a while ago.'"

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CPL593H posted:

So David Cronenberg might be making a return to roots sort of movie with Viggo Mortensen.

https://www.nme.com/en_au/news/film/viggo-mortensen-teases-new-horror-project-with-david-cronenberg-2870989

David Cronenberg's The Thing 2021.

Wait what

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Baron von Eevl posted:

That article ends in such a weird way. "Also he bought some horses, but most of them are dead now. Says the actor, 'well yeah they were already pretty old and that was a while ago.'"

"Don't worry nothing weird happened they just died of old age okay bye"

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

What do they do with a horse when it dies? You can't exactly bury it. I know someone is going to be like "Glue factories, duh!" but it's not like they all end up that way. Do they have horse sized crematoriums?

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

CPL593H posted:

What do they do with a horse when it dies? You can't exactly bury it. I know someone is going to be like "Glue factories, duh!" but it's not like they all end up that way. Do they have horse sized crematoriums?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CPL593H posted:

What do they do with a horse when it dies? You can't exactly bury it.

Why couldn't you?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

They get turned to dog food.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

RBA Starblade posted:

Why couldn't you?

You'd bury it six feet under and it's hooves would still be poking out of the soil.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

CPL593H posted:

My mom's husband raises horses. If any die unexpectedly, he digs a hole with a backhoe and buries the body.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Do they ever invite the public to these things like when they demolish a building?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Do they ever invite the public to these things like when they demolish a building?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPuaSY0cMK8

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Man I haven't seen this in years and I think I'm laughing harder at it than I ever have. Just....what did they think would happen!??

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

TrixRabbi posted:

Man I haven't seen this in years and I think I'm laughing harder at it than I ever have. Just....what did they think would happen!??

I'm cracking up at "It couldn't be cut up because nobody wanted to cut it up."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Guy A. Person posted:

"Don't worry nothing weird happened they just died of old age okay bye"

It's a miracle if a horse lives to old age without finding some way to kill itself.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

"This looks hard to move. I guess we have no choice but to blow it up."

RBA Starblade posted:

Why couldn't you?

Because it's huge and it's not like you can just walk into the backyard with a shovel. At least that's what I thought:

PeterCat posted:

My mom's husband raises horses. If any die unexpectedly, he digs a hole with a backhoe and buries the body.

Mystery solved.

TrixRabbi posted:

I also hadn't seen this in ages and decided to watch it just because of what you said and I lost it when they said the locals "Found it to be an object of curiosity until they tired of its smell.". The newscaster seems to have understood how stupid this was and reported on it as passive aggressively as he could.

CPL593H fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 16, 2021

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Seems like this would backfire almost immediately.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Seems like this would backfire almost immediately.

The real tragedy is that there's no footage of everyone reacting when it becomes unavoidably apparent what a terrible idea this was.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

"The Last Blockbuster" dropped on Netflix and I have to ask, why can't Kevin Smith dress himself?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cacator posted:

"The Last Blockbuster" dropped on Netflix and I have to ask, why can't Kevin Smith dress himself?

Years of being ashamed of how he looked caused him to dress like that and now it's all he knows.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Once you wear shorts of that magnitude you can never go back.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Aw goddamnit. One of my favorite actors.

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1371697740317556736

TrixRabbi
Aug 20, 2010

Time for a little robot chauvinism!

Watched Judas and the Black Messiah last night. It was alright, but it felt structurally and stylistically like a standard Oscar-friendly biopic, just about content that is actually cool and interesting. I liked the performances as performances but agree with the general consensus that the actors were way too old for their parts, undermining the emotional impact. Appreciate its unflinching approach to the radical politics and respect for the Panthers, but it struck me as almost too standardized.

However, the excellent documentary, The Murder of Fred Hampton, is online for free in HD on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/434141029

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkcqtLIxZCg

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
https://twitter.com/smangiat/status/1371624848296869889

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What a goddamn gem.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ah man, I love Yaphet Kotto. Gonna have to watch Midnight Run and Across 110th St. tonight in his honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0DhNFmC7sM

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

PeterCat posted:

What about the ones he expects to die? And why does he know they’re going to die?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Safety Factor posted:

Once you wear shorts of that magnitude you can never go back.

This is why no one should ever wear the shorts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
Disregarding the director being a jerk, is The Man Who Killed Don Quijote worth a watch? I really like Terry Gilliam movies but he might have lost his luster...