Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

You think Rey had it bad? Her dad was so poor he never even got bought a first name. Or he sold it for drinking money. At least Rey can get through imperial checkpoints now that she's got two names!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

How dare you, Miscellano Palpatine was a pillar of the community.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Finn's last name is Dameron

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Really surprised Palpatine didn't join either the old school rebellion or the resistance forces to complete his Factions and Alliances bingo card and cement himself as the only person on every side in star wars.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

reignofevil posted:

You think Rey had it bad? Her dad was so poor he never even got bought a first name. Or he sold it for drinking money. At least Rey can get through imperial checkpoints now that she's got two names!

Unnamed was his first name. It's a traditional name from Naboo and pronounced unn amed.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Finn’s last name is Toowonateseven

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Finn’s last name is Toowonateseven

he's not a droid

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

how come Phasma had a name not a serial number anyway? she's stormtrooper not the officer class.

kilus aof
Mar 24, 2001

Cerv posted:

how come Phasma had a name not a serial number anyway? she's stormtrooper not the officer class.

Phasma is 10,000 in galactic basic. She is Capitan Ten Thousand.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

reignofevil posted:

Her dad was a clone of old Sheev so he probably just called him "Junior" or "Me-2" or "Sheev-2" or something equally degrading.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
What if a clone of the bad guy...

*takes big bong rip*

...turned out to be a good guy?

*massive exhale*

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

*takes big bong rip*

*massive exhale*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8iOmVd1W_g

Jeff the Mediocre
Dec 30, 2013

I say gently caress it, go all-in on the clone of the Emperor thing. Have some planet where the cloning machinery hosed up, and now there's two dozen Palpatines running around. They spend their time shooting force lightning at each other, building stupid and contradictory doomsday devices, attempting to corrupt some bastard who has to listen to 20 old men yell at him in his dreams, and just generally don't accomplish much besides make the planet a hellhole.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

reignofevil posted:

His name is Triclops Palpatine, wikipedia

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

karmicknight posted:

His name is Triclops Palpatine, wikipedia

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm very annoyed I got to the end of the page and someone else already said it.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
Trioculous was cooler

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

*takes big bong rip*

*massive exhale*

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

I say gently caress it, go all-in on the clone of the Emperor thing. Have some planet where the cloning machinery hosed up, and now there's two dozen Palpatines running around. They spend their time shooting force lightning at each other, building stupid and contradictory doomsday devices, attempting to corrupt some bastard who has to listen to 20 old men yell at him in his dreams, and just generally don't accomplish much besides make the planet a hellhole.

Solid Palpatine, Liquid Palpatine, Solidus Palpatine

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
Too Many Palpatines!: A Star Wars Story

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Asgerd posted:

Too Many Palpatines!: A Star Wars Story Musical

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Palpatines: Behind it All

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Behind the Music: The Empire

But at the height of their power and fame trouble was brewing behind the scenes that would lead to the break up of the galaxies most prolific duo.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Big Boss is basically Tom Clancy's Darth Vader.

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

Jeff the Mediocre posted:

This would be hilarious. Each Palpatine is constantly trying to take over the planet while being thwarted by the other Palpatines. Kind of like Spy vs Spy.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That's kind of what's happening in the Imperial Radch book series by Ann Leckie. The leader of their empire inhabits multiple bodies and they're supposed to meet up periodically to synch but sometimes it doesn't happen often enough and so the Emperor basically ends up at civil war with herself.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I like the reveal in the newest Radch book that the emperor is basically a bottom tier loser from her own system and none of the other people who live there could give a gently caress about the empire

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
The ST came up in the Star Trek Prequel thread, so I'm just posting in here to pull a Cease to Hope and remind y'all that the sequel trilogy still sucks.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

(Imagine this gif with Luke instead of Kurt Angle, and him crushing a couple bottles of sea cow titty milk instead of land cow titty milk)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/thatpazuzu/status/1368971566885834753

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well, I guess now that Sequeldome is back, it should be pointed out that a study was done recently analyzing over 1 million tweets and 1,000 YouTube videos talking about Star Wars, and it turns out that the people who are screaming the loudest about Star Wars on the internet are all alt-right assholes who have clear problems with women and people of colour existing.

Weird, huh?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

It's definitely a throwdown but I'm pretty sure I can get louder.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

nine-gear crow posted:

Well, I guess now that Sequeldome is back, it should be pointed out that a study was done recently analyzing over 1 million tweets and 1,000 YouTube videos talking about Star Wars, and it turns out that the people who are screaming the loudest about Star Wars on the internet are all alt-right assholes who have clear problems with women and people of colour existing.

Weird, huh?

I am shocked. SHOCKED.

(not that shocked)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Falling asleep to Jenny Nicholson, waking up Why SJWs Are Ruining Star Wars: A TLJ Retrospective Part 1/4 (runtime 2h52m)

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Weird, huh?

Whoa, are you telling me that the people who scream about everything ranging from not being able to get a Filet-o-Fish in the morning to Mommy Milky are the loudest at screaming about Star Wars?

:magemage:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Falling asleep to Jenny Nicholson, waking up Why SJWs Are Ruining Star Wars: A TLJ Retrospective Part 1/4 (runtime 2h52m)

Thankfully extremely aggressive blocks and de-recommending on my part has made that mostly stop happening. I still get fed into one from time to time. Oddly its become much more common when I look up Comic Books than anything else, which makes me think that the proportion of Comic Book Content Creators who are alt-right shitheads is significantly higher.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sanguinia posted:

Thankfully extremely aggressive blocks and de-recommending on my part has made that mostly stop happening. I still get fed into one from time to time. Oddly its become much more common when I look up Comic Books than anything else, which makes me think that the proportion of Comic Book Content Creators who are alt-right shitheads is significantly higher.

Ethan van Sciver, he of the "literal sketch book full of drawing of Hitler that he hid in his desk while working for DC Comics on his run of Green Lantern", really kinda ripped the mask off a sizeable swath of the industry and fandom on his way to blacklist oblivion.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

I should hardly think that the fact that hobbies that attract predominantly men between late teens to young adult are rife with conservative viewpoints, should come as a loving surprise

Gaming, comics, sci fi, fantasy, all areas where reactionary nerds are more the norm than exception.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

Ethan van Sciver, he of the "literal sketch book full of drawing of Hitler that he hid in his desk while working for DC Comics on his run of Green Lantern", really kinda ripped the mask off a sizeable swath of the industry and fandom on his way to blacklist oblivion.

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

He tried to explain it away as "Oh, it's just reference material for Sinestro", but according to the people who actually saw said book, like Gail Simone, it was incredibly :staredog: