Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The theme is non alcoholic beer. Every dish must incorporated non alcoholic beer in it.

Water?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Hey y'all, prepare those tastebuds. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886050

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Hahaha this owns

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Next ICSA/NICSA when

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

If you want to volunteer to run one, be my guest.

I won't have the ability to run one myself until mid August thanks to work travel.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Liquid Communism posted:

If you want to volunteer to run one, be my guest.

I won't have the ability to run one myself until mid August thanks to work travel.

I’d prefer to participate in one right now, but I might run one later when I have time and money for prizes.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

I had been toying around with hosting one related to tapas but wanted to be a little more specific and hadn't figured it out quite yet (it might just be "anchovies").

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I don’t know what tapas are, but I could probably do something with that.

Anchovies, not so much.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Is this happening? Is it a question of someone running it?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I am disappointed in all of you.

I let it go for a full year, and no one stepped up to claim ICSA 69.

It is mine now. Prepare yourselves.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
ICSA 69: Crotch :yum:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Nice.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Liquid Communism posted:

Prepare yourselves.

I am girding my loins and applying embrocation as we speak

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Croatoan posted:

ICSA 69: Rocky Mountain Oysters :yum:

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

If you're like me and only check bookmarked threads, you may have not noticed ICSA 69 time!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3897314

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIkWkEqIHBg

Looks like you have fans.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

I felt vindicated by that. Also, you are all cowards (except TheCog and I.M. Gei)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

That reminds me, I’m hosting the next ICSA and I think you’re all gonna like the theme I’m leaning toward. :mrgw:

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

Does anyone have the link to the thread with duck confit in the kitchen from hell? I was telling my husband that I remember it every time I encounter the word confit now and want to read it again because it was loving art, but damned if I remember the theme he was competing in.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Ahh the infamous ICSA 023

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ICSA 70: what’ve you got?

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Scientastic posted:

Chloroquine

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scientastic posted:

ICSA 70: whatve you got?

Estradiol, liquor, and chili. Sounds like a good night to me tbh.

Drink and Fight
Feb 2, 2003

cat_herder posted:

Does anyone have the link to the thread with duck confit in the kitchen from hell? I was telling my husband that I remember it every time I encounter the word confit now and want to read it again because it was loving art, but damned if I remember the theme he was competing in.

IDK where the thread is but have this https://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/hellkitchen-devils-eggs/1/

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Scientastic posted:

I plan to post ICSA 70 either shortly after the first day of Spring or toward the end of March/beginning of April. Probably the latter. Right now I have a home improvement project I’m rushing to finish that’s eating up all of my time, but I should be done with that in a couple of days.

I may end up having to change the theme I had in mind due to all this COVID-19 poo poo. Thankfully I have a list of backup options ready and waiting, all of which should work.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 19, 2020

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

ICSA 71: dumpster diving

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

If we do a beans and rice ICSA, I'm in good shape.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Your point has been noted

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Just so y’all know, I haven’t forgotten about ICSA 70. I just have something else going on at the moment that needs most of my attention.

:3:

I might need to have a quick chat with Liquid Communism about the timing though. Mods aren’t allowed to compete in ICSAs, right?

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Apr 27, 2020

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Only the ICSA chairman is forbidden from entry into the competition.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yep. I often submit a non-competition entry because I love to cook, but since I'm usually the chairman it's not for the prize.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Since hell world 2020 is showing no signs of slowing down, I think I'll come up with a Cook or Die for August if no one else was planning on it.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Go for it! I've been holding off a bit on ICSA pushes because I know it's hard for folks to get ingredients right now between the industry being a trash fire and quarantines.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Liquid Communism posted:

Go for it! I've been holding off a bit on ICSA pushes because I know it's hard for folks to get ingredients right now between the industry being a trash fire and quarantines.

This is exactly why I haven’t done ICSA 70 yet. COVID is loving everyone’s poo poo up and I want to make sure that getting food and just being safe in general aren’t gonna be issues for people. Especially here in America where everything is going right to hell cuz our people are all complete loving shitbrained idiot untermenschen and our leaders are actively making it worse on purpose.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
NICSA Puree
I win because of hospital food. :smugbert:

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

ICSA whatever you can find in your neighbour's bins

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Someone posted that Terrible Minestrone Recipe, so now we have an ICSA.

ICSA 70: Chili Redux.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

SO, let’s talk ICSA 71!

I’m working on getting my activity and medication situations straightened out within the next month and a half (weight loss issues have been delaying the med part but I may be about to turn a corner there), during which I expect to finish that drat chili thread that nobody except me and Scientastic care about but gently caress you I’mma do it anyway.

After that, with COVID apparently lightening up everywhere and food not being as tough to get as it was this time last year, how would y’all feel about doing ICSA 71 in April or early May?

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

I. M. Gei posted:

how would y’all feel about doing ICSA 71 in April or early May?

I would feel very excited, especially as the weather should be better and we’re allowed visitors soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I'm down.

Someone else is running an ICSA so I can enter. :D