Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
do they have mcdonalds in china and if so do they have cool local burgers like McMao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

echinopsis posted:

do they have mcdonalds in china and if so do they have cool local burgers like McMao

just about every localized mcds has weird/cool options:

https://www.thetravel.com/mcdonalds-food-china-only/

where the gently caress is my pineapple pie ronald??? also i'm down to try that german sausage monstrosity

when i was living in france i ate at a mcds once just to try it there. they were doing a travel through the states promotion, and i got uh, i can't quite remember but i think it was a mcwisconsin? it was like a mcnugget only instead of chicken inside was tomato and cheese. the xl soda size was 20oz and i got a heineken with my meal

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pulp fiction was so cool at the time

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

my stepdads beer posted:

hell yea but the seeded one for steaks
heellll yeaaa i love the coarse grain kind. i grew up with liverwurst sandwiches: two thick slices of 'wurst, red onion, plenty of coarse grain maille, crusty bread. perfect.

i sometimes eat mustard straight

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

matti posted:

sort of want to learn elementary mandarin chinese just to make sense of the products in the (ugh) ethnic store
if you're in the us you can usually get away with reading the nutrition labels. or just buy it and try it, it's exciting!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Carrot sticks dipped in this is honestly a pretty great snack.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

if you ever want to watch a french person get indignant, serve them grey poupon.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

yes

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

if you ever want to watch a french person get indignant, serve them grey poupon.

for them to... poupon?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I piss off the french by eating FREEDOM fries

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

echinopsis posted:

pulp fiction was so cool at the time

We do put mayo on our fries but also our mayo is actually good and not poo poo trash for garbage idiots.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I piss off the french by eating FREEDOM fries

I don't think the French care.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when you’re a garbage idiot though poo poo trash is right up your alley

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

spankmeister posted:

We do put mayo on our fries but also our mayo is actually good and not poo poo trash for garbage idiots.

all storebought mayo is gross regardless of country sry2say

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
dukes is great in the us and every eu mayo is on par w a slightly less good dukes

hellmans is garbage bullshit

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

bob dobbs is dead posted:

dukes is great in the us and every eu mayo is on par w a slightly less good dukes

hellmans is garbage bullshit

nah

it takes 30 seconds and a whisk to make good mayo

or 30 seconds and a cheap stick blender if you have mobility issues

never buy mayo

TimWinter
Mar 30, 2015

https://timsthebomb.com
The packen heat wordplay was clever.

Are there any good wasabi based hot sauces? I like the punch of wasabi followed by the sudden, inexplicable lack of follow through heat you get with stuff like wasabi mustard.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

TimWinter posted:

The packen heat wordplay was clever.

Are there any good wasabi based hot sauces? I like the punch of wasabi followed by the sudden, inexplicable lack of follow through heat you get with stuff like wasabi mustard.

a perfunctory google would suggest yes even though i've never seen them in person

with that said i've definitely seen horseradish hot sauces more generally before, which is the same style of heat

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
in the UK they call mayo "salad cream"

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Shaggar posted:

it’s just food lotion

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Shaggar posted:

In the UK they call dinner tea, so what's your point?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
when i grew up my mum made “mayonnaise” but it was mostly sweetened condensed milk lol

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

echinopsis posted:

when i grew up my mum made “mayonnaise”

there's a joke in here somewhere

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

got my beaver ghost chili mustard and secret aardvark pack today. secret aardvark habanero is still awesome. haven't opened the mustard or the black aardvark black bean sauce or the aardvark jerk sauce yet

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

when i grew up my mum made “mayonnaise” but it was mostly sweetened condensed milk lol

what the gently caress

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Shaggar posted:

oh. that probably explains why chinese sometimes translates it as "salad sauce". thats bugged me for a while

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

oh. that probably explains why chinese sometimes translates it as "salad sauce". thats bugged me for a while

commercial mayo in the us often refers to it as a salad dressing, too, especially poo poo like miracle whip

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

lol nope but my partner was able to buy some by texting them on wechat. game on mr. simpson

update: the new jar of this spice powder we got now has an ingredient list.

some kind of local chile pepper, soybeans, chicken bouillon powder, sichuan peppercorn, msg, salt, peanut, sesame

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

mediaphage posted:

just about every localized mcds has weird/cool options:

https://www.thetravel.com/mcdonalds-food-china-only/

where the gently caress is my pineapple pie ronald??? also i'm down to try that german sausage monstrosity

when i was living in france i ate at a mcds once just to try it there. they were doing a travel through the states promotion, and i got uh, i can't quite remember but i think it was a mcwisconsin? it was like a mcnugget only instead of chicken inside was tomato and cheese. the xl soda size was 20oz and i got a heineken with my meal

the pineapple pie and double chicken sichuan burger are good. the german sausage burger is fine. the sausages are pretty bad but they use a somewhat spicy mustard which makes the sandwich work to some extent

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

fart simpson posted:

some kind of local chile pepper, soybeans, chicken bouillon powder, sichuan peppercorn, msg, salt, peanut, sesame

that seems easy enough to diy

i am gonna order a chile restock today i think, i am down to only two kinds of jalapeno (morita and chipotle) so everything comes out a little spicier than my so likes lol

i do have some szechuan berries somewhere i should use up, though

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

fart simpson posted:

the pineapple pie and double chicken sichuan burger are good. the german sausage burger is fine. the sausages are pretty bad but they use a somewhat spicy mustard which makes the sandwich work to some extent

according to that, the pineapple pie is a deep fried thing which apparently is different from the US thing..

we have the “apple pie” here but it’s not a pie, it’s like a crusty fried pastry thing with apple chunks and sweet sauce. sounds the same as the pineapple pie but not apple

but not like the us apple pie

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

according to that, the pineapple pie is a deep fried thing which apparently is different from the US thing..

we have the “apple pie” here but it’s not a pie, it’s like a crusty fried pastry thing with apple chunks and sweet sauce. sounds the same as the pineapple pie but not apple

but not like the us apple pie

that's a change, though, up until the 90s all the north american pies were fried, too. i don't think i've had an apple pie from mcdonalds since then, anyway

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Shaggar posted:

What no we don't lol

salad cream is some other gross poo poo that maybe has mayo in it?

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

mediaphage posted:

never buy mayo

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

i only use mayo in like 2-3 things so i dont know why people eat it all the time, its (relatively) super rich and gross

like many americans

ah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

What no we don't lol

salad cream is some other gross poo poo that maybe has mayo in it?

:argh: yes you do :argh: admit it now :argh:

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

better call the mayo clinic

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

fart simpson posted:

kewl. we sent 2 jars to her parents in tianjin. they are gonna test it and perhaps send us one. her dad remarked that that place does have super good chile stuff

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rzFjHXknyE

this is all I know about salad cream

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
fart simpsons can you set up a website where you export spice to new zealAnd