Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
I see a lot of the JJwars discussed in depth on these forums, and some star trek discovery and that kinda thing, but not a lot on the JJTreks! Perhaps this explains itself. I have some questions to kick things off.

What made them send EVERY ship in the fleet, filled with students, to investigate a wormhole? They sent ONE man, a dodecagenarian, to fix a galaxy killing supernova.

What is the film's perspective on starfleet and the federation? There is a part briefly, where pike tells kirk to enlist in starfleet in front of a big blinky screen filling TV with big pixels. There's a bite to it, something that gets turned to 11 in the sequel, but nothing in the rest of the film (except the prior incompetence with the killing college students) seems to suggest disillusionment with the establishment. Vulcan is saved by heroes....or what's left of it. But maybe that's ironic too.

It was cool in 3d when the english subtitles for klingon...turned...towards the screen...

Pine is doing an informed and practiced shatner. No complaints. Spock blows.

We find the green girl, the most notoriously enslaved character in the galaxy, where else? racking up debt at starfleet academy.

I do think these movies have a generally skeptical perspective which is interesting, about the worth of the whole thing or the competence of everybody. I REALLY like the scene with scotty in front of the warp core they shot in a real university, it's like visual proof of real life exceeding the 1960s fiction and scotty questioning if it's being driven for the right reasons. I don't think the whole film is that good, but there is usually at least 10%-40% of these films that works well like that, depending on your mood. I mostly find the resolutions cheap and think the morality is simplistic, about good and bad actors specifically before faults in the system. Altho maybe robocop working alone works in the context of the whims of a secret org. Nero is silly, as an idea.

Go hog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
I kind of forgot these movies existed to be honest.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Karl Urban's McCoy is outstanding and should have been the main character, everyone else helps him fly around space and cure plagues.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I was not as impressed with Urban's McCoy as other people, but the truth is that no one will every do the character as perfectly as DeForest Kelley.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Also, JJTrek was a good indicator that the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy would suck targ balls.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, JJTrek was a good indicator that the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy would suck targ balls.

I think JJ Abrams is a very good director, he should just never be allowed near a keyboard and an open word document ever again. Nor should he be allowed to direct any script that one of his roving band of cronies wrote for him.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

There was so much stuff I liked about Into Darkness.

I liked how it started with basically a mini-TOS episode.

I liked how Kirk unexpectedly faced actual consequences for flouting the law mainly because his superior officer was his personal mentor who took Kirk abusing his authority kind of personally.

I liked the idea of Kirk being busted back to First Officer and having to actual learn under Pike only for the hard-swerve into Pike's death.

I liked that Admiral Marcus put Kirk back in the chair ostensibly to give him the chance for revenge but in reality because he was counting on his status as a fuckup and a hothead who never has time for rules to advance his plans.

I liked the notion of the ultra-long range photon torpedoes and the Starfleet Warship designed to operate with a crew as small as one, how they were products of Khan's "savage," 20th Century vision of warfare. The obvious metaphor for Drone Combat and the ethical questions behind push-button remote warfare doesn't really get any serious exploration, but it had a lot of potential.

I liked Marcus as a renegade Admiral, as much of a cliche as that is, and even moreso the notion that he basically sold his soul to Section 31 and let them into Starfleet's bloodstream to advance his cause since it seems like he's operating this scheme entirely under the radar with only those he personally trusts and the totally amoral renegade superspies backing him.

I liked Carol Marcus, even though her character didn't get much room to develop. The idea that the peacenik scientist who raised her son to be so skeptical of Starfleet that he thought Kirk murdered everyone on Regula 1 was herself a Starfleet Brat, and that her opposition to militarism was so strong in her youth she was prepared to commit crimes and directly oppose her father to see a scheme to set the Federation on the warpath foiled, was a good outline that could have been made into something cool with more time.

I liked the idea of Khan as a good guy, which is where I kept hoping they were going. That Kirk showing humanity and empathy for the man who murdered his own mentor and helping to save his people would get through all of that ego and supremacism and thirst to be a warlord, spread the old Star Trek gospel that there's no such thing as a completely implacable enemy and even Star Trek's most iconic villain isn't beyond reaching through mutual understanding and respect.

I liked how every character got their own little moment to shine. The entire cast had a pretty heavy burden to prove they could continue to inhabit these characters and make them their own outside of the safety net of an origin story and I think they all succeeded.

Its just such a drat shame how the thing turned out. I've never seen a movie be so much less than the sum of its parts. Also a lot of the parts were rotten and of poor quality on top of that, but the point is there were a lot of good parts and they utterly failed to save it because when the final product was stitched together it was even worse than it should have been.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

nine-gear crow posted:

I think JJ Abrams is a very good director, he should just never be allowed near a keyboard and an open word document ever again. Nor should he be allowed to direct any script that one of his roving band of cronies wrote for him.

I don't think Force Awakens is a bad story. It could have been improved, but on the whole I think its pretty excellent and only weighed down by a couple of stupid things (mainly the Starkiller Base, almost any other solution to the problem of how to have the First Order actually be a threat to the New Republic and lend some plausibility to the implication that they could be a Second Empire despite them having every possible disadvantage would have been preferable to DOUBLE MEGA DEATHSTAR.)

I think the real problem with JJ Abrams is that apparently he has an enormous loving ego, because he's really good at writing the START of a story with his MYSTERY BOX method, but apparently he literally cannot handle letting someone more talented than him do something with the seeds he planted and write a good middle and/or ending. He must finish the story he started himself with his idiotic garbage ideas that were literally made up on the fly because he himself by design avoided them while writing the first part.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

I had the highest of hopes for Into Darkness when I saw that 10 minute clip showing what a classic TOS episode might look like with 21st Century special effects. It was glorious. Then I saw the movie and how absolutely lovely it was because it attempted to be overly clever by building it around plot elements of Wrath of Khan while trying to toss in as many Trek references as possible. It also overly militarizes Starfleet, a peacekeeping and exploration force, and shoves them into dress uniforms that look like they were taken straight out of Starship Troopers.

Honestly, just riff off of the TOS dress uniforms if you need something "official." They are cool and don't reference Nazis.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bogus Adventure posted:

It also overly militarizes Starfleet, a peacekeeping and exploration force, and shoves them into dress uniforms that look like they were taken straight out of Starship Troopers.

I didn't feel like the movie overly militarized ALL of Starfleet, in fact I felt like there was a decently strong distinction between the Militarized starfleet Marcus was cultivating and The Rest, but fair point on the Dress Uniforms.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I thought it was EXTREMELY dumb when they had to call old Spock to have them explain who Khan was. In the original TOS episode, nobody had to explain who Khan was because he loving ruled 25% of all humans on Earth when he was alive. Having your characters, who are all academy graduates, not know who he is makes them all look like idiots. If a character goes "Augustus Caesar? Who was that dude?" you'd think they were a loving idiot. It also makes the character not as intimidating as it would have been if they had seen his face and gone "Holy poo poo that's Khan, the genetically-engineered supertyrant who fought a land war in Asia AND WON."

I think a big problem with the dress uniforms is that they're gray. Put them in navy blue and they look a thousand percent less like Nazis, plus it reminds you that Starfleet still loves all those Navy traditions.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 14, 2021

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Defiance Industries posted:

I thought it was EXTREMELY dumb when they had to call old Spock to have them explain who Khan was. In the original TOS episode, nobody had to explain who Khan was because he loving ruled 25% of all humans on Earth when he was alive. Having your characters, who are all academy graduates, not know who he is makes them all look like idiots. If a character goes "Augustus Caesar? Who was that dude?" you'd think they were a loving idiot. It also makes the character not as intimidating as it would have been if they had seen his face and gone "Holy poo poo that's Khan, the genetically-engineered supertyrant who fought a land war in Asia AND WON."

I think a big problem with the dress uniforms is that they're gray. Put them in navy blue and they look a thousand percent less like Nazis, plus it reminds you that Starfleet still loves all those Navy traditions.

The very IDEA of using Khan was dumb. Also, nice job hiring the whitest guy in the universe to play an evil superman from India.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Anyone who does an X-Men movie wants to do Dark Phoenix, anyone who wants to do a Star Trek movie wants to do Wrath of Khan. It's the hubris that comes with taking these jobs.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

I've been thinking about this. I think he's good at directing action if he limits himself to what people and set pieces he can bring. That opening scene in Into Darkness and the Kelvin's encounter with the Narada are very good. It's when he brings in way too many things that you start getting this weird glut of ships and action that is visually cacophonic and goofy. It's like a kid playing with every toy in the toybox. It's loving amazing if you're the one doing it, but kind of weird when you have to watch it.

Also, he doesn't understand lighting. This poo poo is annoying as gently caress.

It's frustrating because it's plainly obvious that the set is detailed and lovingly crafted, but you can't see it half the time because lens flare is blocking your view.

Defiance Industries posted:

Anyone who does an X-Men movie wants to do Dark Phoenix, anyone who wants to do a Star Trek movie wants to do Wrath of Khan. It's the hubris that comes with taking these jobs.

I'm sure the third time will be the charm for that chunkhead they keep hiring to make the Dark Phoenix movies.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bogus Adventure posted:

I'm sure the third time will be the charm for that chunkhead they keep hiring to make the Dark Phoenix movies.

The problem with the Dark Phoenix saga is that the story is loving weird and its hard to make it a movie. Like, the most recent one did a more decent job than most.

What I find weird is that the Fox Xmen Saga was willing to do something as crazy as Age Of Apocalypse but not the NORMAL Phoenix Saga. I would have loved some Shiar Empire nonsense.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sanguinia posted:

The problem with the Dark Phoenix saga is that the story is loving weird and its hard to make it a movie. Like, the most recent one did a more decent job than most.

What I find weird is that the Fox Xmen Saga was willing to do something as crazy as Age Of Apocalypse but not the NORMAL Phoenix Saga. I would have loved some Shiar Empire nonsense.

They might have given up since Age of Apocalypse seemed much goofier than Days of Future Past, especially since Oscar Isaac was turned into a very expensive Ivan Ooze type sans charisma.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdION0LUes8

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
A peacekeeping and humanitarian armada.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
The prologue of the first nuTrek showed us a new universe: hot-blooded, dangerous; more space opera than the intellectual TV series, promising all sorts of new and interesting things.

Honestly, it's been downhill from there.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

nine-gear crow posted:

I hear this a lot but don't understand the logic. If he were a good director, he'd be able to communicate the story well. It's not like the movie looks nice, and there is a story, the images are communicating information.

Bogus Adventure posted:

I had the highest of hopes for Into Darkness when I saw that 10 minute clip showing what a classic TOS episode might look like with 21st Century special effects. It was glorious. Then I saw the movie and how absolutely lovely it was because it attempted to be overly clever by building it around plot elements of Wrath of Khan while trying to toss in as many Trek references as possible. It also overly militarizes Starfleet, a peacekeeping and exploration force, and shoves them into dress uniforms that look like they were taken straight out of Starship Troopers.

Honestly, just riff off of the TOS dress uniforms if you need something "official." They are cool and don't reference Nazis.

And to that point, these uniforms are visually communicating his whole perspective on into darkness. Creepy, secret, extrademocratic things are happening in the high ranks of starfleet, the organization within that story rightly would have ss style uniforms. Kirk being revived at the end is possibly an explicit reference to starship troopers, and post revival is used as a mouthpiece to smooth over a huge disaster. I don't think it's such a bad message either that a thing that advertises as a "total peacekeeping armada" could be lying or at the least suffer from organizational realities that make that difficult, but the movie's so sloppy its hard to say. It's been a while since I saw it tho.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FunkyAl posted:

And to that point, these uniforms are visually communicating his whole perspective on into darkness. Creepy, secret, extrademocratic things are happening in the high ranks of starfleet, the organization within that story rightly would have ss style uniforms. Kirk being revived at the end is possibly an explicit reference to starship troopers, and post revival is used as a mouthpiece to smooth over a huge disaster. I don't think it's such a bad message either that a thing that advertises as a "total peacekeeping armada" could be lying or at the least suffer from organizational realities that make that difficult, but the movie's so sloppy its hard to say. It's been a while since I saw it tho.

Yeah, but those uniforms were there in the first movie as well.

And whether or not you like the idea of something sinister afoot in Starfleet, it spits in the face of the original intention of the show: to demonstrate that there is a better way. Star Trek has always been about optimism, that humanity can rise above its vices and become better. So much of today's media is based on the idea of dystopias, cynicism, antiheroes, and pessimism. Star Trek is supposed to be different.

And you and I both know that Kirk being revived was so that the second reboot movie could ape the second prime universe movie, but also made the mistake of revealing the plot device in the beginning of the film.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bogus Adventure posted:

And whether or not you like the idea of something sinister afoot in Starfleet, it spits in the face of the original intention of the show: to demonstrate that there is a better way. Star Trek has always been about optimism, that humanity can rise above its vices and become better. So much of today's media is based on the idea of dystopias, cynicism, antiheroes, and pessimism. Star Trek is supposed to be different.

There has literally never been a time in all of Star Trek's history where there has not been something sinister afoot in Starfleet, up to and including episodes that Gene himself wrote. Preserving utopia from threats within as well as without is part-and-parcel of Star Trek's message, pretending otherwise is disingenuous. Humanity can rise above its vices and become better, but it can also backslide and part of our job is making sure that doesn't happen.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Sanguinia posted:

There has literally never been a time in all of Star Trek's history where there has not been something sinister afoot in Starfleet, up to and including episodes that Gene himself wrote. Preserving utopia from threats within as well as without is part-and-parcel of Star Trek's message, pretending otherwise is disingenuous. Humanity can rise above its vices and become better, but it can also backslide and part of our job is making sure that doesn't happen.

Do any JJ films actually show the optimistic aspect? I only saw the first two and they were just generic action blockbusters, theyd be totally forgettable if they weren't stealing the names of a bunch of characters people are familiar with.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Up Circle posted:

Do any JJ films actually show the optimistic aspect? I only saw the first two and they were just generic action blockbusters, theyd be totally forgettable if they weren't stealing the names of a bunch of characters people are familiar with.

I think Beyond did, but since you haven't watched it I can't really explain why without spoilers.

Also I think '09 and Into Darkness didn't totally abandon the notion of an optimistic future. '09 only kind of pays lip-service to it because its more of a character driven story that's about who Spock and Kirk are as people and how the crew came together, but Into Darkness is literally about the Enterprise Crew uncovering a plot to militarize Starfleet and start a war and then foiling it. The main focus gets lost because of all the Khan poo poo and the general low quality of the movie, but that's the actual core of the story.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sanguinia posted:

I think Beyond did, but since you haven't watched it I can't really explain why without spoilers.

Also I think '09 and Into Darkness didn't totally abandon the notion of an optimistic future. '09 only kind of pays lip-service to it because its more of a character driven story that's about who Spock and Kirk are as people and how the crew came together, but Into Darkness is literally about the Enterprise Crew uncovering a plot to militarize Starfleet and start a war and then foiling it. The main focus gets lost because of all the Khan poo poo and the general low quality of the movie, but that's the actual core of the story.

Beyond is very much NOT JJTrek because it was written by Simon Pegg and directed by Justin Lin. There's a reason why there is a massive tonal shift in the movie.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bogus Adventure posted:

Beyond is very much NOT JJTrek because it was written by Simon Pegg and directed by Justin Lin. There's a reason why there is a massive tonal shift in the movie.

True, if by JJ Trek you only mean the movies actually helmed by Abrams then Beyond doesn't count. I assumed he meant just the entire trilogy because its not like the third movie totally discards everything JJ built his version of the universe to be.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Sanguinia posted:

True, if by JJ Trek you only mean the movies actually helmed by Abrams then Beyond doesn't count. I assumed he meant just the entire trilogy because its not like the third movie totally discards everything JJ built his version of the universe to be.

I just wanted to clarify that point because Kurtzman and Orci seemed very intent on making a darker Star Trek. Hell, Discovery and Picard are all about "secret organizations" that have hijacked Starfleet courtesy of Kurtzman being at the helm.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

I just wanted to clarify that point because Kurtzman and Orci seemed very intent on making a darker Star Trek. Hell, Discovery and Picard are all about "secret organizations" that have hijacked Starfleet courtesy of Kurtzman being at the helm.

And the sad irony is that Kurtzman proved to be the more decent of pair because at least he isn't (at the time of this writing) a 9/11 Truther like Orci is. Abrams originally tossed the keys to Star Trek to Orci, and Orci blowing his career to smithereens on Twitter led Paramount to swap in Kurtzman in at the last second, and we've been living here ever since.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

And the sad irony is that Kurtzman proved to be the more decent of pair because at least he isn't (at the time of this writing) a 9/11 Truther like Orci is. Abrams originally tossed the keys to Star Trek to Orci, and Orci blowing his career to smithereens on Twitter led Paramount to swap in Kurtzman in at the last second, and we've been living here ever since.

Yeah, but Kurtzman took it and ran with it. I'm not going to watch Discovery because I don't want to watch stories about how the Mirror Universe infiltrated the Prime Universe and took over Starfleet, that Section 31 is an integral part of an organization that is supposed to be about peacekeeping, diplomacy, and democracy, or Picard and it's dumb-as-hell take on the already dumb-as-hell Mass Effect story.

Sorry, I'll shut up. I just miss goofy stories about away teams visiting planets full of hippies and projectile plants, babbys in space ships, and kids with psychic powers.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
star trek being reanimated by these freaks into a shambling, brain-devouring zombie franchise is way more heartbreaking then the lovely star wars movies

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Up Circle posted:

star trek being reanimated by these freaks into a shambling, brain-devouring zombie franchise is way more heartbreaking then the lovely star wars movies

Agreed :smith:

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I only saw Trek 09 and I was a lot less invested in Trek then than I am now but even just by the standards of "action movie" it was brainless and didn't bring enough really great action to elevate it above "completely disposable."

Bogus Adventure posted:

Sorry, I'll shut up. I just miss goofy stories about away teams visiting planets full of hippies and projectile plants, babbys in space ships, and kids with psychic powers.

May I offer you some Lower Decks in these trying times?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Tulip posted:

May I offer you some Lower Decks in these trying times?

I am tempted to watch it, but I don't have Paramount+. It does have Pillboi voicing a character, and I do love Pillboi...

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, but Kurtzman took it and ran with it. I'm not going to watch Discovery because I don't want to watch stories about how the Mirror Universe infiltrated the Prime Universe and took over Starfleet, that Section 31 is an integral part of an organization that is supposed to be about peacekeeping, diplomacy, and democracy, or Picard and it's dumb-as-hell take on the already dumb-as-hell Mass Effect story.

For what its worth, while I can't comment on Picard or Discovery Season 2 or 3, I liked a lot about Discovery S1, and one of the things I most liked about it was that it seemed to want to convey a message of the importance of holding on to Federation Idealism even in the darkest times. Throughout the season are seeds planted about this fundamental conflict between military expediency and fundamental morality, with Burnam The Traitor ironically representing Starfleet's better angels, trying to keep the rest of the crew on the righteous path even as Lorca continues to push down a path of damnation that he felt the war made necessary. I disliked the Mirror Universe plot not because the idea of the Terran Empire taking over Starfleet is distasteful (it is, and you're entirely justified in not liking that) but because it was a cop-out on the question of Lorca's character arc, and if the ideals he was in service to could save him or not.

Season 1 has a lot of warts, I won't pretend otherwise, but I think its core is still that belief in an optimistic future and better human nature. The writers wanted to put that belief to a very stiff test in line with the trends of current prestige television, too stiff a test in a lot of ways to the point where some of it was misery to sit through, and in the end some of what they wrote undermined what they were trying to accomplish. That's worthy of criticism, even condemnation. But on the whole I thought it was a worthwhile effort, really a better effort than most first swings Star Trek takes when it launches a new series, and I do want to see Season 2 and 3 eventually.

If CBS All Access wasn't one of the worst streaming services in the entire history of streaming services I'd probably have already done that.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Yeah, but those uniforms were there in the first movie as well.

And you and I both know that Kirk being revived was so that the second reboot movie could ape the second prime universe movie, but also made the mistake of revealing the plot device in the beginning of the film.

Withstanding the hats, these guys are dressed in the timberline fall sweater collection, or else they are in red which seems to imply expendability, especially since we just saw a blundred of their peers blasted dead, into space over the course of the movie this is ending.

I do want to play devil's advocate with some of these decisions, because hile I do not like these films that much I don't think JJ Abrams is as reliably a moron as everyone thinks. Maybe he has chronic stage flop, but sometimes the stuff he makes means something. come at me with star trek complaints!!!!

And yes, discuss beyond, and also the show "star trek enterprise," which is just about the sexiest prequel I can imagine.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FunkyAl posted:

Withstanding the hats, these guys are dressed in the timberline fall sweater collection, or else they are in red which seems to imply expendability, especially since we just saw a blundred of their peers blasted dead, into space over the course of the movie this is ending.

I do want to play devil's advocate with some of these decisions, because hile I do not like these films that much I don't think JJ Abrams is as reliably a moron as everyone thinks. Maybe he has chronic stage flop, but sometimes the stuff he makes means something. come at me with star trek complaints!!!!

And yes, discuss beyond, and also the show "star trek enterprise," which is just about the sexiest prequel I can imagine.

The red unis were cadet unis, and ugly as hell imho. Star Trek is all about vibrant color and far out style (and seeing people serving with weird hairdos and unique style was one of the things I enjoyed about JJ's take). Why make it that ugly and boring?

Also, the sexiest prequels are the Star Wars prequels imho. They have Liam Neeson.

:hellyeah:

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.

Bogus Adventure posted:

The red unis were cadet unis, and ugly as hell imho. Star Trek is all about vibrant color and far out style (and seeing people serving with weird hairdos and unique style was one of the things I enjoyed about JJ's take). Why make it that ugly and boring?

But symbolically, they're all wearing red shirts. Red is the most famous color a shirt can be in star trek. These cadets are marked by the hand of the reaper.

Bogus Adventure posted:

Also, the sexiest prequels are the Star Wars prequels imho. They have Liam Neeson.

:hellyeah:

In star trek enterprise, there are mandatory reciprocal oil rubdowns as part of routine military decontamination procedure. An alien gets a human pregnant.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

FunkyAl posted:

In star trek enterprise, there are mandatory reciprocal oil rubdowns as part of routine military decontamination procedure. An alien gets a human pregnant.

Ah, I see what you mean. Enterprise is definitely the most "HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT THESE SEXY BODIES!!!" series.

It also includes an alien species where the nipples and the happy trail are mandatorily linked

That one is my favorite by far

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bogus Adventure posted:

Ah, I see what you mean. Enterprise is definitely the most "HEY GUYS, CHECK OUT THESE SEXY BODIES!!!" series.

It also includes an alien species where the nipples and the happy trail are mandatorily linked

That one is my favorite by far

A reminder that Star Trek: Enterprise aired on the same network as Shasta McNasty.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

nine-gear crow posted:

A reminder that Star Trek: Enterprise aired on the same network as Shasta McNasty.

Shasta McNasty good, tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Next you're going to tell me that Homeboys in Outer Space was bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9CzPH17ySA