Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

HGH and Centaur Paintings is back for the 2021 season. Greetings from FANTASY LAND!

Feel free to name your team after literal fantasy themes because Puerto Rico was boring.

:siren: Stupid Special Rules :siren:
There is a :10bux: fee, with the money divvied up 60/30/10 to the first, second, and third place teams respectively. Every year the winner has been paid so your :10bux: ten dollars are safe with me.
Mandatory 3 Keeper rule: You must keep 3 players before the draft, despite how lovely your roster is. If you don't keep three players I will select them for you based upon average draft position.

This is an ESPN league with 80% goons in it. Scoring is Batting Average, HR, RBI, R, BBs, and SBs on offense. Ks, Wins, Saves, Holds, ERA, and WHIP on pitching.

We use the Free Agent Auction System which results in hilarious overpays for waiver wire guys and dudes that get called up for one start and then sent back down.

This is the current roster size. Three seasons ago we added a 4th OF which helped prevent the glut of good OFs sitting on the waiver wire.

Draft Date so far is Sunday, March 21st, at 6:00PM EST. I am super dumb and did the time zones wrong, my bad. The app currently says 7:00PM EST so we're going with that so no one shows up late.

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Mar 21, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ottawa Apologizers: Checked in and paid
Nederlands Honkbal: Checked in and paid
Algonquin Tribe: Checked in and paid
Yauco Comedores de Pernil: Checked in and paid
Canada Dry: Checked in and paid
Moose Jaw Warriors: Checked in and paid
Quebec Quarantaines: Checked in and paid and is also swearing revenge
Lemon Scented Lysol Wipes: Checked in
N. Vancouver Lions: Checked in
The Toronto Wanderers: Checked in and paid and is swearing revenge

General Bullshit fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Mar 16, 2021

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I am/was the Toronto Wanderers, and I will be back to try and avenge my devastating championship round collapse from last year.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I am/was the Toronto Wanderers, and I will be back to try and avenge my devastating championship round collapse from last year.

Yeah your team was stacked.

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

I'm the Quebec Quarantaines and my team was not stacked. I'm returning to take out my revenge on a) all of you and b) the ESPN autodraft algorithm on which I lay all the blame for my last place finish. Just sent :10bux: your way.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Awesome thanks!

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
I haven't played fantasy baseball in so long. Mind if I be a backup?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Wait, was there a 2020 season? Did I miss it? I thought we had skipped it in this league. But I have no recollection of the league being in Canada ever, either.

drat this last year has been rough.

e: Ahahahaha I'm Algonquian Tribe. gently caress I completely forgot about that. Ok, I'm in. Will send :10bux: soon.

SouthShoreSamurai fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Mar 2, 2021

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

General Bullshit what is your PayPal or Venmo?

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

General Bullshit what is your PayPal or Venmo?

Please send your :10bux: to
senatorjp@yahoo.com

Ryguy005 posted:

I haven't played fantasy baseball in so long. Mind if I be a backup?

Yeah I'm not sure who I haven't heard back from yet, if there's an opening you got first dibs. I gotta send out another round of emails.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

Wait, was there a 2020 season? Did I miss it? I thought we had skipped it in this league. But I have no recollection of the league being in Canada ever, either.

drat this last year has been rough.

e: Ahahahaha I'm Algonquian Tribe. gently caress I completely forgot about that. Ok, I'm in. Will send :10bux: soon.

I didn't think last season was going to happen, I almost sent back everyone's dues like 3 different times during the course of 2020 when Manfred kept loving around.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Okay I think I'm just missing Lemon Scented Lysol Wipes checking in. I'm double checking my emails. ESPN's email thing is super buggy and sometimes sends stuff to spam.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I'm in for a ...9th season? Goddamn. Still love this league. I was Canada Dry. Sent my money just now.

Made some mistakes on my keepers last year so my team isn't quite the powerhouse its been in the past. Gotta crush the draft :getin:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The Pussy Boss posted:

I'm in for a ...9th season? Goddamn. Still love this league. I was Canada Dry. Sent my money just now.

Made some mistakes on my keepers last year so my team isn't quite the powerhouse its been in the past. Gotta crush the draft :getin:

Got your paypal email buddy, welcome back :thumbsup:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Paid.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Does anyone know who Lemon Scented Lysol Wipes is? I cannot remember which user that was, and I cannot look at my PMs from prior seasons because I got banned for toxxing for Bernie Sanders :lol:

Also I for sure have one team open, the guy running Manny Gonna Manny is not returning.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Ok I have talked to Lemon Scented Wipes, he is coming back. Just need to fill one vacancy and I can set the draft date.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Paid

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

Fixed my username issue and my team name is now PR Placeholders (until I think of something better)

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Yeah I can't think of a good PR name. Why did I choose PR as the country? Should have gone with Venezuela :negative:

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Didn't we already do PR anyway? I swear that was one of the previous countries.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Didn't we already do PR anyway? I swear that was one of the previous countries.

Off the top of my head we did

Japan and Netherlands the first year
Cuba
Korea
Mexico
Australia
Dominican Republic
Canada

There are like zero baseball countries left. Venezuela, Taiwan has a league. I think that's it.

Ryguy005
Sep 5, 2005
Paid

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Would it be bad luck to switch themes? Has that ever been done before

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Fleetwood posted:

Would it be bad luck to switch themes? Has that ever been done before

No I was thinking the same thing, I am going to put a poll up. Puerto Rico is not popular no one can think of a good team name it seems. :lol:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

OK I put a poll up. Choose from our fine options.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
If you don't choose literal fantasy and everyone makes Centaur-themed puns, then what even are we doing here...

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The voters have spoken: fantasy it is.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

The OP says the draft time is 6 PM Eastern, but the ESPN app says it is at 7 PM eastern?

Either way I am hosed, I thought it was at 6 PM Pacific. I am at my nephews birthday and will, at best, be distracted/phone-drafting.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

The OP says the draft time is 6 PM Eastern, but the ESPN app says it is at 7 PM eastern?

Either way I am hosed, I thought it was at 6 PM Pacific. I am at my nephews birthday and will, at best, be distracted/phone-drafting.

Oh poo poo you're right hold on let me fix it. gently caress.

Also that is a bummer you will be out :( drat these time zones and DLS

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

OK I might move it back, people were planning for the time on the app. I'm hearing that from someone else right now who is like 'uhhh?'

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

I'd definitely prefer later tonight or another day, but don't change it just for my sake!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

coronaball posted:

I'd definitely prefer later tonight or another day, but don't change it just for my sake!

I'm sticking with time I've had up the entire week like a big dummy not realizing the time zone difference :dumbbravo:

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

The guy who has Algonquin Tribe has not selected keepers yet. I will select them for him based upon ADP if they do not in the next 20 minutes or so. That'd be Freeman, Jose Ramirez, and either Guerrero Jr or Woodruff.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

General Bullshit posted:

The guy who has Algonquin Tribe has not selected keepers yet. I will select them for him based upon ADP if they do not in the next 20 minutes or so. That'd be Freeman, Jose Ramirez, and either Guerrero Jr or Woodruff.

That's me and I definitely did select keepers. And by definitely I mean I thought I did... but you chose properly for me anyway so TY.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

That's me and I definitely did select keepers. And by definitely I mean I thought I did... but you chose properly for me anyway so TY.

Awesome okay good I thought you'd want to keep Vlad over Woodruff.

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

Projected rankings as of the draft:

Peggotty
May 9, 2014

Man, phone drafting is intense. Frantically switching between the ESPN app and Excel 5 times in 60 seconds definitely makes it exciting. And the user interface of Excel for iPhone makes absolutely no sense. But hey, I missed the draft altogether last year so if this trend continues, I might use an actual computer next year!

General Bullshit
Apr 20, 2020

cebrail posted:

Man, phone drafting is intense. Frantically switching between the ESPN app and Excel 5 times in 60 seconds definitely makes it exciting. And the user interface of Excel for iPhone makes absolutely no sense. But hey, I missed the draft altogether last year so if this trend continues, I might use an actual computer next year!

I am glad you made it and I was figuring that was what you were doing, it kept giving a message that you'd leave and reenter the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
I don't know why I get so hung up on relievers. Always way too many on my roster and then I can't compete in broad categories like Wins and K's.